A good soloing class for old world raids/dungeons.

Am returning from a long hiatus from the game. I've decided on mainly focusing on a single class for the remainder of the expansion. Seems like a good time with 5.2 a few weeks away.

So I am actually looking forward to a class that is suitable to solo old world including Vanilla, TBC and WTLK raids/dungeons. However, I am looking for a class for current content as well. I've actually narrowed it down to a Death Knight and Warrior. I am staying clear of pet classes only cause I ain't a very big fan of pet micro management. I've always during my time playing a Hunter let my pet do their own thing. Kinda got use to it being how buggy the pet UI is most of the times. Nefarion anyone???

Well I ain't looking at Paladins only cause Prot DPS sucks for bosses and Retribution's resource works against each other when it comes to healing and DPSing.

I've read that Druids and Monks of late are other popular classes but I am staying away from them only cause I've never been a big kitty/bear fan and more so I ain't very big on agility xmorg.

So back to Death Knights and Warriors. I've practically very to no experience with either of these classes. Death Knights I last played back in WTLK before the whole mastery change. And even then I never tanked. I was unholy.

Warriors are one class I've literally no experience with until recently cause I am currently levelling one. So I don't really know their strengths. Most people have been calling out Second Wind to be a bit OP but it doesn't feel any way close. Its probably has to do with me being level 65 and with only 10K HP.

So I was wondering which of these 2 classes look good for soloing old content. At the same time I am also looking for a class that is relevant for current content. I don't plan on tanking on either of them for current content. Am most likely going to be DPS. And I will be get my feet wet into some PVP especially with the changes to how PVP gear is obtained in the new patch.

It's pretty simple:

Blood DK >>>>>>>>>> something else

It used to be that some classes were especially crap at soloing but all the new talents have helped out a lot in that regard. My advice, either play a Blood DK or just pick something you like. Blood has been OP at soloing since the day it was made and looks like it always will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's pretty simple:

Blood DK >>>>>>>>>> something else

It used to be that some classes were especially crap at soloing but all the new talents have helped out a lot in that regard. My advice, either play a Blood DK or just pick something you like. Blood has been OP at soloing since the day it was made and looks like it always will be.
    But at the same time I am looking for a class that is relevant for current content and in PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pets are a huge advantage over other classes in some battles (Algalon, Lich king 25heroic) and can be your dying reason during some others (Kel'thuzad).
    Like it or not, DK or hunter would be your best bet.

I'm also curious about this. I'm debating mainly between hunter and warlock. Is either significantly better than the other? Is 5.2 having a meaningful impact on either's ability to solo old content? I do have an 82 dk, 85 pally, 85 druid that are all probably better at soloing...but I'd like to try something new. I'm leaning warlock since I used scroll of resurrection for a free 80, whereas I'd have to level a hunter up from..40 or so I think.

Anyway, I'm basically looking more for verification that warlock is at least decent at soloing old raids, and not significantly worse than hunter.

Deleted
    I'd definitely say for you to go Blood Dk. They can solo anything. I much prefer using my Enh Shammy to farm old dungeons and raids. Its so easy with instant heals and "oh s**t buttons "

Deleted
    The universal answer to this question is going to be Blood DK, they can potentially solo just about anything.