Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruptzz View Post
    Thanks for the guide
    no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I'm not convinced in the slightest that almost 10,000 ore is cheaper or faster than buying the old leveling mats. How exactly is this a catch up? Shouldn't a catch up be faster and easier, like the Cooking catch up implemented in Halfhill?

I'm missing something here.
    Fills in the gaps when leveling ores are overpriced/more difficult to gather than ghost iron, which happens to be extremely piss-easy to obtain.

15+ Year Old Account
    since i have a BS that is mid way leveled in blacksmithing is she still able to get this option? or just make a new toon and do this

Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    since i have a BS that is mid way leveled in blacksmithing is she still able to get this option? or just make a new toon and do this
    You can pick up with the catchup mechanic no matter where you are in the leveling process. All you have to do is purchase the recipe, learn it, and start crafting. Use the spreadsheet on the main past to figure out where you are in the process, and get those recipes.

Personally, I'd level Blacksmithing the classic way up to Fel iron, and use ghost iron up until Cata mats are needed to progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"

I levled up bs until 570 in one hour or so. I had a lot of ghost iron bars stocked , maybe...4000? Not sure...
    Anyways, I had also a lot of fel iron ore /adamantite, which helped me from 300 until maybe 350. Anyways, you need a lot of ghost ore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    I levled up bs until 570 in one hour or so. I had a lot of ghost iron bars stocked , maybe...4000? Not sure...
    Anyways, I had also a lot of fel iron ore /adamantite, which helped me from 300 until maybe 350. Anyways, you need a lot of ghost ore
    I started with BS at 1, Mining at 600, & 395 Ghost Iron, I can't begin to tell you how long it took to get to 319 (where I'm at now) & I dread to think how many bars I've gone through. Still, at least I can do it this way & not have to farm for, say, Fel Iron.

Well, I believe the convenience factor is if you're leveling through Pandaria, or already have shit tons of Ghost Iron. Otherwise, it's not convenient or cost-effective. Farming Fel Iron is still, hands-down, easier than the hundreds of Ghost Iron it takes.

Anyways, of course, I farmed the ghost iron ore for many hours. but I had nothing to due , was so bored... and fel iron was really fast at hellfire peninsula

I got a questions when it comes to these "9942" Ores...
    you never mentioned how many "Smelt Ghost Iron" that would be for those of use using AH rather then go and farm it...

Thanks.

Smelt Ghost Iron Ore: 1.5s per bar.
    9942 ore / 2 ore per bar * 1.5 seconds per bar = 7456.5s

Time spent just smelting ores into bars: 2 hours and 4 minutes.

Deleted
    I have 19k g, u think i can boost this? how much cost? thanks

Deleted
    Why don't they implement a 'catch-up' for tailoring etc? Would make more sense in my opinion instead of running around killing low level mobs at 90 for 50 hours ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    What is your efficiency secret regarding Fel Iron then, may I ask? At no time I have played in either of the first three zones in Outland has Fel Iron not been farmed.
    The last Thorium recipes go grey at 340, at which point you can jump right into Adamantite for the last 10 points up to Cobalt

Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    I think this is more to "fill in the gaps" than it is to level 1-600. I only made this guide for illustrative purposes, so you can pick up where you need to when you can't get the proper mats.

Agreed with this.

Nice guide though.

You guys keep talking about buying the ore and how it will be more expensive.

If you mined all the ore you came across while you leveled from 85-90, you would easily have most of that.

Over the span of two quests in Jade Forest over by the Jinyu village in the south east, I had mined almost 200 ore during those two quests. If I did 20 quests at the same rate, 1000 bars, easy-peasy.