Tsolong 25 hc halp

Can anyone help me a bit with this? We have gotten through a first day phase and into 2nd night phase, but then something blew up and we all died. I think it was because an add reached the beam. When we transition into first day phase boss is usually on 25-28% and I think this is too low/high?

I recorded some attempts last night here: http://www.twitch.tv/dreoras/b/371333930

Can someone look at it and say what we're doing wrong?

if the boss is at 75% at the end of Night 1 (so 25% at the start of Day 1), you're find. These should be your targets.

End of Night 1 -> 75%
    START of Night 2 -> ~45% (well below 50% for sure. We do 38-42).
    END of Night 2-> ~25% (20% to be safer)

I think our problems are when we are done with the 1st day phase. Boss is too low and we wipe to berserk later.

The fight is very front loaded. It's hard in Night 1 and Day 1. You have good of those, the rest of the fight is downhill so long as you don't cock it up.

If you hit 75% consistently during Night 1, you're good. Everything else is a bonus. You have the DPS to do the fight. Congratulations.
    If you aren't getting to 45ish or so at the start of Night 2 because of a bad Day 1, you're in luck because you there are a very small number of things that can prevent you from getting there.

1) Adds can't hit in Day Phases. Ever. It's not okay. If any adds hit, its a catastrophe. I'd look at how you're allocating DPS and stuns and making sure none hit. The damage from hits needs to be zero.

2) Ranged DPS need to interrupt the adds that come in. They all have 25s CD interrupts. Have them use them. This will allow them to get the first cast. If there is a second, no big deal. But its less damage on the raid / tsulong that the healers have to cover. Drill good p2 interrupts into your DPS. Every class can do it.

3) Make sure you have the right healers and right number of healers healing Tsulong in P2. Some strats have 2 healers doing most of the heavy lifting. Some have 3. Some have 5. Shaman and Monks are great, but so are paladins. I'd suggest putting your two best healers of those classes on the job and give them time to get practiced at it. This is totally the kind of thing that people just need to get comfortable with.

Lastly, remember Day 2 is different than Day 1. You don't need to kill the 3rd big add at the end of Day 2. Just have hybrids heal and melee DPS cover the hybrid's small adds zones.

We have about 4-5 deaths in day phase because of the unstable bolts 1 shotting people. We are handling the little shas well but the ones who cast the bolt are our problem I think.

Night phase we got covered, just I think once we handle day perfect and people not panic we will kill it eventually

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    We have about 4-5 deaths in day phase because of the unstable bolts 1 shotting people. We are handling the little shas well but the ones who cast the bolt are our problem I think.

Night phase we got covered, just I think once we handle day perfect and people not panic we will kill it eventually
    We killed it last week (though 10m) and we had call out when to kick the shas (i.e when terrorize was about to go out), otherwise we'd just let them cast because we'd have trouble killing them fast enough if we didn't.
    You can also lust for your dps at the start of the fight when you pull from the entrance and have your healers stand in the back at the lei shi stairs. This is only advisable if you can kill the third terror in time for the breath without lust though.
    Last edited by mmoc3a8bcb15cd; 2013-02-26 at 10:01 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Have a dedicated raid healer taking care of this and he should easily keep people up, provided he doesn't get feared and he gets some assistance outside of breaths. Sure, he probably won't have much time/mana to heal Tsulong, but it doesn't really matter that much.

Also, seeing how Unstable bolts do 250k, they don't "one shot people" ever. You either fail at dispeling, controlling Fright Spawns or no one is focused on healing raid. Call for some extra cooldowns in these situations.

Interrupting them is a waste of dps during progress. You're better off adding another healer to control the damage from their bolts than trying to get everyone to interrupt them. Resto druids do great as the healer on sha-bolt dmg duty (and less so at tsulong healing, anyway) due to wild growth automatically picking the 6 lowest targets and bombing them to full hp after each sun breath.