Lumia 820 vs 920 ?

So I am planning to upgrade my phone and I have been looking at the Lumia 920, but I can get a better deal on the 820. I am from UK where everything is expensive so ye lol.

I can get a 820 (free) on a 24month contract with 500min, unlimited Texts and truly unlimited data for £26 poss little lower if I pushed hard enough. The 920 is £31 with 1000 mins same texts and data allowance and again the phone is free.

I know £5 per month doesn't seem much but I have to take into account fact I call / text Holland, France and Thailand alot so I add on avg a min of £6-£10 pm on to what my base costs is hence it can start to get expensive.

My partner has a HTC 8s, which I don't seem to mind I just want a better camera (although the 8s has CZ lens so makes up for lack of MP)

I have read the reviews, watched some vids etc... but they don't compare to what people who use them / have them really think. So if anyone has a 820/920 what do you really think ? Also is there any potentially alternatives to the 820/920 via another brand I might have missed I did look at the HTC 8x ..

cheers

Deleted
    I picked the 920 over the 820 because of all the extra features and it just looks so much better.
    However, under the hood they are both identical. So the 820 might feel a bit faster because of the lower resolution of the screen.

I would try and check them both out in a shop and see what you like the most. As for alternatives, the only thing that you can compare with both is the HTC 8x, I dont think there are many other high-end W8 phones out atm.

edit

Till now the only real issue I had so far was a black screen while calling. Some dust got between the glass and found its way before the light sensor. However blowing it away worked (alternatively you can also use a vacuumcleaner to suck it away), which shouldnt be needed on an high end phone. I have read tho, you can send it to nokia to get it resealed or something.
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2013-02-26 at 02:10 PM.

920 is unibody with bigger and better screen, better camera and wireless charger
    820 has replaceable battery and switchable covers

Those are the main differences between the two models.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    920 is unibody with bigger and better screen, better camera and wireless charger
    820 has replaceable battery and switchable covers

Those are the main differences between the two models.
    I think the 820 also has a SD card slot, whereas the 920 doesnt.

The wireless charging was enough by itself for me to choose the 920. It's so nice to be able to just sit it on the plate when it is not in use (and according to Nokia, that does not decrease the life of the battery).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think the 820 also has a SD card slot, whereas the 920 doesnt.
    Yep, true. 820 has 8GB flash memory + SD card slot, 920 has 32GB flash and no SD slot.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

From what I can gather they are both pretty much the same underneath as stated above. I am hesitant abt the 920 because it does not have the removable battery, hence if something goes wrong with it well ye pretty much fecked. The internal on the 920 is enough for me storage wise but again all internal if it get dropped and you cause damage /corruption to it can lead to issue. Hell even the 820 with the 8gb memory I have is enough.
    I know both come with cloud drive access so u can regular backup essentials.

I tend to use the phone for a camera when im out and about and the 820 with CZ lens is still a really nice camera, I know the 920 has the trueview hd tech or something but its not swinging it that much for me. The idea of the wireless charge mat sounds appealing. Both have the same sound quality so much etc wont really be any different another thing I look at in a phone. The 820 is smaller but I think it comes in 4.3" and the 920 is 4.5" which really aint a massive difference.

Someone said to me if u owned a 820 and went to a 920 you wouldn't notice a difference really except the speed. Its only if u go back form the 920 to the 820 when u notice the extra differences... if that statement holds true then due to limited funds currents te 820 might be the better choice

15+ Year Old Account
    Just got my 820 yesterday and I'm happy with it. It has all the functions I need. I was also pondering whether to get 920 or 820 and decided to go for 820. 920 is bigger, better and more expensive. 820 is quite big as it is so the bigger size of 920 is actually a negative side, atleast for me. 920 has slightly better camera, screen resolution and bigger flash memory (but no SD slot). 920 would have been roughly 7€/month more expensive than 820 (24 month contract, so 168€ altogether).
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.