Warrior or Death Knight in 5.2 and ahead?

So I've just recently returned to the game after a very long break.

I've decided on focusing more on running older content, etc. But at the same time am looking for a class that is relevant for current content and in a good place. I would more likely be DPSing in current content.

However, its been a long time since I've played a Death Knight, this was during WTLK. And I don't have any experience with a Warrior besides the one I am currently levelling.

Which class is good at soloing old content, i.e Vanilla, TBC and WTLK dungeons/raids? Also which class is looking in good shape for DPS in 5.2? Also I plan on queuing for a BG when I can, how do both classes stack in PVP?

Death Knights are the best soloing class in the game, if you want to solo; it's hands over fist better then warriors.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Death Knights are the best soloing class in the game, if you want to solo; it's hands over fist better then warriors.
    But I am also looking for a class that is good for current content and in PVP. So is that still Death Knights?

DK will always be the best class for soloing old content. So many self heals and absorb shields.
    DPS wise, warrior will always be a solid option. Easy swaps, strong aoe, strong single target, easy recourse managment. DK's have a more complex recourse managment. Runic power, runes, cd's, deseases. Its a more complicated class to play. (once u get used to all these its a simple class facerolling, but u must first get used to all of em).
    In conclution, if you want dps coming from a long pause, go warr, if you want to solo all those bosses you missed go DK.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    But I am also looking for a class that is good for current content and in PVP. So is that still Death Knights?
    PvP wise, since 5.2 will be out in 1-2 weeks, we arent sure how it ll be, for now after rogs and ench we re the squishiest class.
    PvP wise go warr.
    Die by the sword

Death Knights and Warriors are on even footing for PVE, Death Knights are superior for Soloing, and slightly weaker in PVP due to a lack of Defense compared to some other classes, but still have exceptionally good damage.

There it is.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Death Knights and Warriors are on even footing for PVE, Death Knights are superior for Soloing, and slightly weaker in PVP due to a lack of Defense compared to some other classes, but still have exceptionally good damage.

There it is.
    This is pretty much the strongest and shortest way to explain what the OP is looking for.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account

There it is.
    Yup, like Regen said, this is pretty much the best explanation.

Reason while DKs are far superior for soloing old content is because of the amount of self-healing and pretty nice aoe damage. As long as you have runic power, you have self healing. While warriors on the other hand only heal while below 35% hp.

Warriors geting nerfed for pvp in 5.2, maybe same in pve damage, DK's geting quality of life buffs and even straight DPS buffs all around

Id go DK, they are also much more interesting than a generic thug