Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Blizzard has allowed solo'ing since forever, nothing has changed there.
    People would still be able to solo old raids...scaling works both ways...
    They wont scale down players without scaling down old content (there's even blue posts saying solo'ing would still be possible and wont require a group.)

There's also programming limitations in wow's game engine (there's workarounds for it ofcourse, one being item squish).
    How do you know what they will or won't do? Do you work for blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    There's also programming limitations in wow's game engine (there's workarounds for it ofcourse, one being item squish).
    I think this is a pretty big thing that's overlooked by many. There is an upper limit and I'm sure there will be a whole slew of. "You should have seen this coming, blizzard! Why didn't you do something?" "Maybe if you had item squished back in MoP you wouldn't have to devote resources to it now instead of pushing new content or fixing broken things or other things I want!!!111!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I don't think it's going to happen, that's why they added a coma to the numbers to make it easier for all you pro squishers to comprehend the numbers.
    There is more to it than just a visual change. My belief is that Blizzard will put it off for as long as possible, but that it will happen eventually.

But all this has been gone over time and again. There are going to be people on both sides that will never budge, and thus no matter what Blizzard is going to piss some people off, so ultimately Blizzard will have to decide if it is the right thing for the health of the game. They have information that nobody outside of Blizzard can possibly know. And it certainly would not be the first time Blizzard made an unpopular decision because they felt it was the right thing to do. Both LFD and LFR were wildly unpopular changes when first announced. Now people cannot imagine the game without them.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things Blizz brought up for item squish was that the game was not built to show or deal with that big of numbers. I think they ended up fixing it they even suggested once abilities started to hit the millions it would just show like 1.2m or something instead of 1200000 popping up. I honestly don't notice the difference anymore you just get used to the leap after 4 expansions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said the squish is inevitable, and from a programming standpoint it is.

I don't get why people assumed we'd need a 40-man raid for BC raids. They said they'd squish NPCs, too.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    How do you know what they will or won't do? Do you work for blizzard?
    Bit lost over what you think i just decided in that post ?

Blizzard does allow solo'ing and has been forever.
    People would still be able to solo raids(blue post saying so, hint, blues work for blizzard.)
    Common sense dictates scaling works both ways. (Which is enforced by blizzard saying it would stay the same)

So...huh what ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaturtle View Post
    One of the things Blizz brought up for item squish was that the game was not built to show or deal with that big of numbers. I think they ended up fixing it they even suggested once abilities started to hit the millions it would just show like 1.2m or something instead of 1200000 popping up. I honestly don't notice the difference anymore you just get used to the leap after 4 expansions.
    Mega Damage!!! *fireworks and a rock solo a'la Queen*

10+ Year Old Account
    A blue level 90 item should be ilvl 90 with epics being 91/96'ish idealy
    they messed up their own system with TBC

- You had ilvl's in naxxramas 40 of about 80ish (???)
    - So if they had made the level experience to level 80 instead of level 70, you'd 'outlevel' your own gear level and non of these problems would exsist!
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    And this is where the math fails.
    If I'm wrong please explain where. I don't want to spread misinformation. (This reads snippily in my head, but it's meant to be friendly)

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Numbers are numbers; 1 million is no more ridiculous than 1.
    What this guy said.

We did like 700dps in Vanilla, Wrath we were doing like 25k. Cata around 50k or so. 700 to 25k wasn't ridiculous? Why is it only crazy now -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post

- You had ilvl's in naxxramas 40 of about 80ish (???)
    - So if they had made the level experience to level 80 instead of level 70, you'd 'outlevel' your own gear level and non of these problems would exsist!
    BC legendary bow has +50 agility. My green trinket has +800 mastery.

Cata broke ilevels intentionally. They assumed a huge jump in iLevels would make 5-level expansions feasible (so you don't raid in last expansion's gear) and PvP balanced (everyone has insane health, not just tanks).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post

- You had ilvl's in naxxramas 40 of about 80ish
    Ilvl 92 actually.
    That means that items from heroic dungeons from the next expansion would need to start at at least 100, else they wouldn't be real upgrades. (not the actual numbers, but just for the example)

No. If they do the squish that is something that would ruin the game for me. I do not ever want to have to find a group to go through old 5-man content or classic raids just because the stats got compressed. IF they compress the stats they better balloon the damaging and healing talents and abilities to compensate.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    What this guy said.

We did like 700dps in Vanilla, Wrath we were doing like 25k. Cata around 50k or so. 700 to 25k wasn't ridiculous? Why is it only crazy now -.-
    Well, to be honest, I think the jumps have always been crazy between expansions and have contributed to where we are now. The difference in power between level 70-80 is pretty crazy in comparison to the difference between even 80-85. And that's only a five level gap in the second one.

I understand that the game is about progression of your character and the need to feel more powerful but where is the line for how exponentially that grows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    No. If they do the squish that is something that would ruin the game for me. I do not ever want to have to find a group to go through old 5-man content or classic raids just because the stats got compressed. IF they compress the stats they better balloon the damaging and healing talents and abilities to compensate.
    THEY NEVER SAID THAT WOULD HAPPEN. Do you think they'd make leveling stop at 70 because Wrath mobs take a full group to kill? Get real. Blizz would scale all NPCs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Numbers are numbers; 1 million is no more ridiculous than 1.
    Ok, you have BOE weapon I want, it the best in-game, I want to buy it for 1 gold. I could give many examples as to why your statement is ludicrous.

The "squish" needs to come, the sooner the better, and it better be next expansion. I might even come back just for that alone.

I'm so sick of this topic. They opted to go for the "mega damage" solution, ie putting k/m at the end of numbers for the time being and will do a squish if players ask for it. that said I am against it, because it's gonna basically throw away years of progress, getting stronger over time and getting better gear all down the drain with the push of a button so to speak.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

if you want to feel powerful...kill the games hardest content. The numbers right now are ridiculous.

The point is to feel more powerful every xpac. they would have had to go back and redo old zones and old content to make the item squish fluid. In my guilds progression in BC i was pulling around 1600 dps now depending on fight im 60-100k now while i do feel its ridiculous the time it would have taken to go back to redo older content was better spent focusing on new stuff. While IMO they did way overshoot it the gear jumps were way to high. They should go back to the end of LK top end tier and work from that into cata and mop and redo the gear levels stats blah blah
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Ilvl 92 actually.
    That means that items from heroic dungeons from the next expansion would need to start at at least 100, else they wouldn't be real upgrades. (not the actual numbers, but just for the example)
    well alright but that doens't really change the point i was trying to make
    the experience needed per level was bumped up GREATLY with TBC. If they would've been able to reduce xp needed per level make outland a lil. larger and bump the level cap to 100 it would've been the solution

we would been like level 220 now tho :P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .