Simcraft Evolved

I think Simcraft is a fantastic tool, but it obviously has its limitations. One of the primary issues people have with its output is that the built in APLs are rudimentary and do not reflect the decisions a skilled player would make to maximize DPS. A number of people have commented on this and suggested that a proper APL might be 100's of lines long. This is task that people clearly are unwilling/unable to undertake.

But...what if simcraft could do it for us?

I have NO idea if this is feasible, but what if simcraft that could change its own APL (mutate) and over time increase it's own DPS (evolve). I envision it would be able to do multiple trials and then intelligently modify a command line or their order to increase the DPS output. As for intelligently, there are a number of combinations that would clearly diminish dps and they would be blocked from being chosen (eg. potting with a time to die less time left then its full duration would usually be a dps decrease) thus making the task more manageable.

I'm not sure if writing this program would be anymore manageable than writing a great APL for the the current specs, but the advantage is that it would be forward compatible with any changes to the class and write a new APL whenever changes occurred.

Anyway just a thought. Any code heroes out there up to the challenge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this, duplicate