Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh right, I forget sometimes I still have the GL rep ring. Now that is actually a tough decision between the trinket and the ring, hmm...Guess I'll have to gauge how quick we are at clearing Normal mode.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the ring is a very popular upgrade? Does everyone have 509 bracers and/or trinkets? I hate spending currency on items with crit on them (assuming affliction is still top dps, which seems likely), makes me feel that upgrading my 496 bracers (unless of course Vizier or Bladelord finally drop the better ones this week) and 502 neck the best upgrades. I might just be too stuck up on being comfortably over my thresholds, but wouldn't the better itemization trump the 7 ilvl difference between 489 ring and 496 bracers?
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a trinket upgrade, but I'm not sold on the VP trinket. Only 10 second proc is rather weak, it seems to me, even if the actual ilevel is high. It's a bit like the 5.1 trinket, it's allright, but not as good as the actual raid trinkets.

I'm undecided what I'm going to get. Need to figure out what spec I'm going to be in 5.2 before deciding. Neck/ring/bracers are all on the table though, my gear is pretty crappy.

For me it will probably be the ring and maybe the trinket, depending on my luck with possibly our last H Sha kill this week.

I much prefer the 10 sec proc, that may be half as long but procs more than twice as often as the current sha trinket. Just helps giving more uptime on buffed dots rather than having a larger CD but only procs every once in awhile as I am pretty sure the value of having buffed dots more often beats having a longer mini bloodlust every few minutes that is mainly filled with extra MG ticks.

Deleted
    Neck. Good upgrade from 502ilvl to 522. Haste/crit to the new hit/mastery neck. Really good upgrade.
    Ring1. Good upgrade from 489ilvl to 522. Hit/mastery to the new mastery/crit ring. Really good upgrade. (Haven't killed Hardmode of prot. yet, and we wont do it, therefor I have one 489)

Neck for absolute sure, and probably trinket. Possibly ring though, it really depends on how the specs pan out by the time 5.2 hits.

What faction do I buy those items from?Anyone can give a link?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will most likely go for the ring first as I still have 2 489 rings
    and for people disliking crit for affli, dont forget that choosing GoSup will make mastery weaker and crit stronger then on live

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are using the Ghost Dragonling trinket, please for the sake of atonement type healers out there, replace it asap. That little dragonling is a deathknoll. They are immune to heals but current mechanis have the atonement heal going to the target with the lowest percentage of health, which in most cases is the dragonling. It is a tank killer.

Deleted
    I'd like a little advice, I'm ilevel486, a mix of normal, lfr and crafted items.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monde/advanced

I have the following trinkets:

Flashfrozen Resin Globule
    Relic of Yu'lon

I'm thinking to take the the 522 trinket to replace Flashfrozen I will then still have 1500 valor. I'm wondering if I should upgrade the Relic of Yu'lon before 5.2 hits or save the valor for another 522 purchase the following week.

Is there anything from LFR / Normal TK that is better than a fully upgraded Relic? Oh and I'm hoping to play Destro or / and Demo.
    Last edited by mmoc31bb66f2c5; 2013-02-28 at 09:00 PM.

I'm not so much worried about upgrades as I am about which of those might end up being BiS pre-heroic. Normal trinkets that drop in raid seem like they might be better so it seems like the neck (which for me might be the lowest upgrade of the items available, I lucked out with a galleon neck and upgraded it ... I guess bracers are the same though since I still have normal blade lord ones) will be the longest lasting one not likely to be replaced by a raid drop for awhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekromonde View Post
    I'd like a little advice, I'm ilevel486, a mix of normal, lfr and crafted items.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monde/advanced

I have the following trinkets:

Flashfrozen Resin Globule
    Relic of Yu'lon

I'm thinking to take the the 522 trinket to replace Flashfrozen I will then still have 1500 valor. I'm wondering if I should upgrade the Relic of Yu'lon before 5.2 hits or save the valor for another 522 purchase the following week.

Is there anything from LFR / Normal TK that is better than a fully upgraded Relic? Oh and I'm hoping to play Destro or / and Demo.
    Demonology guide has been updated for 5.2 . You can check the value of each new trinket over there.
    Btw, trinket cost is 1750 and requires you to be friendly with them, which wont happen straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Demonology guide has been updated for 5.2 . You can check the value of each new trinket over there.
    Btw, trinket cost is 1750 and requires you to be friendly with them, which wont happen straight away.
    It will, if you are raiding ToT the first week.

I personally think I'll go with ring and neck first week, then go for the trinket and bracers.

Deleted
    I'll be skipping on the trinket in favour of the other items, so after accumulating 750 valor in the first week I'll be grabbing Ring, Neck and Bracers then start pooling valor again and evaluate what I need over the next few weeks.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone played around with trash runs on PTR?

If I want to buy my two items before the first guild raid of the week, since LFR won't be out yet, will trash runs be a viable way to get to friendly?

Someone said trash stops giving rep after a certain threshold, but I'm unsure if it gives rep to friendly.

I plan to approach the week damn close to valor capped, but if i have to actually do guild raids to get the rep to friendly; then I might have screwed myself into overcap. Trying to avoid this.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Has anyone played around with trash runs on PTR?

If I want to buy my two items before the first guild raid of the week, since LFR won't be out yet, will trash runs be a viable way to get to friendly?

Someone said trash stops giving rep after a certain threshold, but I'm unsure if it gives rep to friendly.

I plan to approach the week damn close to valor capped, but if i have to actually do guild raids to get the rep to friendly; then I might have screwed myself into overcap. Trying to avoid this.

If I remember the blue post correctly, you will need 1 boss kill to hit friendly. So you'll probably have to sit on Valor or buy the Neck first (available at Neutral).

Deleted
    well trash only gives you rep until you reach friendly, so once you reach that you will only get rep from bosses and you can only get rep from a boss once a week, dunno if you can get rep from normal and lfr bosses once a week, or if it is only once pr boss, no matter the difficulty.

also, i tried the lfr on the ptr and from what i noticed it would take more than one boss to get to friendly, as you get only 30 rep pr trash mob, so you need to kill 100 mobs to get there, sadly i cant remember the amout of rep you get from a boss, but im fairly certain it will take longer than simply killing the first boss including the trash up to him but i could be mistaken.

Deleted
    Can't find the post, perhaps it was in the 5.2 discussion thread, but somebody posted that they hit friendly after having killed the third boss.