Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Throne of thunder cinematic?

The Heart of the Swarm cinematic got me thinking - are there plans to create one for 5.2? The last I remember was a tweet from Dave Kosak indicating cinematics are reserved for major raid boss patches:

twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/273481981646471168

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well there's still at least a week till the patch lands, so still plenty of time. But yes, I'm very sure there's plans to release and create one. Even 5.1 had one, granted it was a small one, but it had one.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

They make them for most if not all raid patches, but I figured it would be out by now if they were doing one.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well there's still at least a week till the patch lands, so still plenty of time. But yes, I'm very sure there's plans to release and create one. Even 5.1 had one, granted it was a small one, but it had one.
    5.1 Didn't have one, the Alliance and Horde landing cinematics weren't "trailers" they were part of the new quests.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    5.1 Didn't have one, the Alliance and Horde landing cinematics weren't "trailers" they were part of the new quests.
    Never said they were trailers, nor did the OP. They were cinematics, and part of the new quests or not, that doesn't change a thing. Honestly, they should show all the cinematics in game, to make sure everyone sees them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have even released them the night before the patch hits, so you'll have to wait. Now that I think of it, they really rarely release them a week(s) before its out, so yep wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they create some really good trailers eg. icc ones,ulduar,BT, ZA etc. then make terrible ones such as toc, dragon soul -.-

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why do they create some really good trailers eg. icc ones,ulduar,BT, ZA etc. then make terrible ones such as toc, dragon soul -.-
    I can somewhat understand why ToC didn't get a huge, flashy and epic cinematic, but why they didn't give Dragonsoul one - I'll never understand. Sure, I guess that it got those 2-3 ones in game, but eh....

They have been doing different "5.2 previews" every day for the past few days, leading up to 5.2, so I assume the cinematic will be apart of that soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    5.1 had a clear excuse for not showing a new raid, but 5.2 isn't any different from any other patch.
    on a second note. if it's being released in 7 days, as the entire community expects. it's about damn time

Ulduar, ToC, ICC, Firelands, and DS (although terrible) all had a cinematic, so I'm 99.99% sure ToT will have one

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Ulduar, ToC, ICC, Firelands, and DS (although terrible) all had a cinematic, so I'm 99.99% sure ToT will have one
    They went further back than that. Naxx40 had one :P ZA, BT, Sunwell, etc.

Safe to say they will keep doing them.

They tend to release them on patch day, so we'll find out in a week.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    They went further back than that. Naxx40 had one :P ZA, BT, Sunwell, etc.

Safe to say they will keep doing them.
    And further back than that! :P Arathi Basin patch had one, hell, the "WEATHER IN FOUR ZONES!!!" patch had a trailer. Though they didn't become proper cinematics till after Wotlk.

Patience. You can expect it next week together with the patch. I hope it's as epic as Rage of the Firelands and Secrets of Ulduar trailers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they stopped making patch cinematics, i find them embarassing.

They'll more than likely have one, but they've always released them just before the patch, so I wouldn't expect it until Monday sometime (or Tues for EU).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Really? I think some of them are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Who exactly are the cinematics embarassing?

You, who has no creative input whatsoever in the process?

Thought so...

The in-game cinematics are usually very good, considering they're done with the crappy WoW engine. As for the video trailer and the cinematics they do for introductions ... stuff we saw in Diablo 3 and that we're seeing for SC2... in that, Blizzard has no competition. They are masters of the universe when it comes to cinematics. If only they weren't false advertising most of the time.