Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So what will be of Taran Zhu post-5.2?*Spoilers*

Following the events of The Fall of Shan-Bu, Lord Taran Zhu was injured badly and had to be taken back to the Shado-Pan Monastery. I'm actually hoping he survives all the way up to the "Siege of Orgrimmar." But what do you see will happen to the lord of the Shado-Pan?

neutral faction leaders usually either die a horrible death (Rhonin heh) or go crazy enough to make syvaanas blush (jaina >.>)

don't expect anything good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    neutral faction leaders usually either die a horrible death (Rhonin heh) or go crazy enough to make syvaanas blush (jaina >.>)

Such charming optimism.

Hamuul Runetotem got better after Leyara burned him to a crisp. Didn't even go evil or anything. I still don't know how he survived that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't expect to see him in Siege of Org, but maybe he'll make an appearance in 5.3 and help the horde and alliance come together to unite against Garrosh.

Or his story could be done after this, for now at least.

Let's see:
    Malfurion Stormrage, Alive, Not Crazy
    Muln Earthfury, Alive, Not Crazy
    Tirion Fordring, Alive, Not Crazy
    Darion Mograine, Alive, Not Crazy
    Akama, Alive, Not Crazy
    Jaina Proudmoore, Alive, Not Crazy

neutral leaders usually end up as alive and not crazy.

Deleted
    I don't think Zhu's role is complete just yet, but who knows. He's kind of been pretty key in slowly bringing the Alliance and Horde to an impasse.

It's up in the air. Taran's had some development since the game started, but not that much. Blizz doesn't seem to mind whacking characters with little development (let's keep Carine out of this). I'll say though, he's grown on me. I'll be bummed if he dies. For now, he's hanging with Vol'jin, who's seems to have snoozed through the entirety of 5.2 lol.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Let's see:
    Malfurion Stormrage, Alive, Not Crazy
    Muln Earthfury, Alive, Not Crazy
    Tirion Fordring, Alive, Not Crazy
    Darion Mograine, Alive, Not Crazy
    Akama, Alive, Not Crazy
    Jaina Proudmoore, Alive, Not Crazy

neutral leaders usually end up as alive and not crazy.
    Not exactly a beacon of sound mental health either. Nor neutral anymore for that matter.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Taran Zhu will get better for sure, doubt he will go crazy. Though the shado-pan are kinda crazy in my book.

Hamuul Runetotem got better after Leyara burned him to a crisp. Didn't even go evil or anything. I still don't know how he survived that...
    Tauren health racial, obviously!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Khm...Tauren Endurance racial? =P

Besides, he only got injured a bit, I doubt anything drastic would happen to him because of that.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-02-27 at 03:18 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's a jerk and personally released two Sha.

I hope he dies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I hope he dies. I hate the shado-pan. they lock children in rooms with poisonous snakes and tigers just to see how many of them get out of there alive.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Khm...Tauren Endurance? =P

Besides, he only got injured a bit, I doubt anything drastic would happen to him because of that.
    To be fair, he got burned to a point where he was believed dead.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Khm...Tauren Endurance? =P

his burns were death threatening. he was charred. completely black. leyara thought he was already dead when she left. the only reasons he survived were:

1 - he is a very powerful druid. that means he has a lot of life energy;
    2 - the druids of hyjal took intensive care of him for many days;
    3 - players helped on his recovery by doing the "hamuul dailies";

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Releasing_the_Pressure
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Relieving_the_Pain
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Treating_the_Wounds
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-02-27 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I hope he dies. I hate the shado-pan. they lock children in rooms with poisonous snakes and tigers just to see how many of them get out of there alive.
    Are we gonna have to go through another Game of Thrones' Night's Watch discussion here?

his burns were death threatening. he was charred. completely black. leyara thought he was already dead when she left. the only reasons he survived were:

1 - he is a very powerful druid. that means he has a lot of life energy;
    2 - the druids of hyjal took intensive care of him for many days;
    3 - players helped on his recovery by doing the "hamuul dailies";

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Releasing_the_Pressure
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Relieving_the_Pain
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Treating_the_Wounds
    Well, his cartaker expalins that Hammul posesses endurance greater than any other druid.
    Either because he's a tauren or druid, or both; I dunno.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-02-27 at 03:23 PM.

Are we gonna have to go through another Game of Thrones' Night's Watch iscussion here?
    I don't even watch game of thrones

no need for discussion, I'm just saying I hate the shado-pan and I hope they all die. after reading the shado-pan shortstory I took a lot of pleasure in re-doing suna silentstrike's questline.

Deleted

no need for discussion, I'm just saying I hate the shado-pan and I hope they all die. after reading the shado-pan shortstory I took a lot of pleasure in re-doing suna silentstrike's questline.
    Well here than, educate yourself http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_Watch

You do realize that Shado-pan are the ONLY order of warriors that's protected pandaria from Mogu, Mantid, Yungol and god knows what, west of the Serpent's Spine for the past 10000 years? ALong with mantid swarming every 100 years where a few donzen pandaren die protecting it?
    There are suppose to be tough roles.

10+ Year Old Account

Looking at another culture with biased eyes...

You have to remember that, it wasn't even that many centuries ago, young ppl the age of 13, 14, 15 were expected to be married and start raising thier children. A 15 year old was easily considered a man, and was expected to take up arms. Its only recently, relatively speaking, that young ones are molly-cobbled till the age of 18, or even older.

Ten, in the short story, is the age of 14. He had quite a number of years taking care of himself, thieving for food on a meal-to-meal basis. In that society, they aren't considered children, but rather adults. They were each warned of the danger, repeatedly - a few turned away.

Don't look at other cultures with biased eyes. Each member of the Shado-Pan will experience a life time of warfare from inception, against opponents over 3-4x thier size (The Yaungol), opponents who outnumber them 50-1 (Mantid), opponents whose savagry is unmatched by all races (Mogu), and even opponents who attack the very mind (Sha).

So, why hate the Shado-Pan? They are the military in a time where they are beset by far more numerous opponents then any country today, and some countries in todays worlds sends small children to the front lines while the adults sit back and grow fat off the blood of that country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Looking at another culture with biased eyes...

You have to remember that, it wasn't even that many centuries ago, young ppl the age of 13, 14, 15 were expected to be married and start raising thier children. A 15 year old was easily considered a man, and was expected to take up arms. Its only recently, relatively speaking, that young ones are molly-cobbled till the age of 18, or even older.

Ten, in the short story, is the age of 14. He had quite a number of years taking care of himself, thieving for food on a meal-to-meal basis. In that society, they aren't considered children, but rather adults. They were each warned of the danger, repeatedly - a few turned away.

Don't look at other cultures with biased eyes. Each member of the Shado-Pan will experience a life time of warfare from inception, against opponents over 3-4x thier size (The Yaungol), opponents who outnumber them 50-1 (Mantid), opponents whose savagry is unmatched by all races (Mogu), and even opponents who attack the very mind (Sha).

So, why hate the Shado-Pan? They are the military in a time where they are beset by far more numerous opponents then any country today, and some countries in todays worlds sends small children to the front lines while the adults sit back and grow fat off the blood of that country.
    no biased eyes here.

it's one thing to expect children to join their army.
    it's one thing to have them put in danger in front of the enemy to defend their country.
    it's one thing to give them a heavy and possibly mortal burden of responsibility.

but letting them die just to see how many would survive and pass the test just to see which of them are worthy of joining the group? that's beyond cruel.

they could have tried to save the ones who failed. they could have sent them back home with a pat in the back and a "sorry, kid. you can't be shado-pan". but they couldn't be bothered to move their fat posteriors to save the lives of children who admired them. how can anyone expect that this kind of heartless people will keep them safe?