Soul Swap macros

Looking for a decent macro for soulswap, one that prevents accidental inhale. I will love u long time

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a castsequence one, with a 5 second/target change reset time. Can't copy it at the moment though EU realms are in maintenance, and I can't be trusted to write it down without mistakes without peeking what it looked like >.<

Deleted
    I've been wondering for a while if something like that existed. It's just more than annoying when that happens..

Well i will give you 2 suggestions (I use both )

1 is
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:alt] Soul Swap
    /stopmacro [mod:alt]
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap

With this, if it fails, you simply press alt along with usual keybind and do regular Soul Swap (for example i have SS:SW macro on keybind '' T '' , so if i want to to regular SW i press alt+T
    Now there is a macro option, which is considered useless, but it does the work for me on my pet macro)
    It is the /run SetCVar option.
    The macro would turn something into like this :
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)
    (I am not currently using this, i am on the first one, dont remember the reason tho, playing PvP atm with destro,demo specs)

As for pet, the macro is :
    #showtooltip summon felhunter
    /cast [mod:alt] Soulburn
    /cast summon felhunter
    /use summon felhunter

It has never failed me, insta summoning a pet.

@ xskarma
    You dont need to be ingame to check your macros.

Go to Warcraft Folder (Program files/world of warcraft) ->WTF->Account->ACCOUNT NAME (maybe you will see numbers if logged multiple accounts on your PC, open them and find the one that has your characters). Now for the general account macros (the first tab), open macros-cache.txt (use notepad).
    For character spesific go to WTF/YOURSERVER/YOURCHARACTERNAME and open macro-cache
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-28 at 07:52 AM.

Code:
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /castsequence reset=5/target Soulburn, Soul Swap
    You wont be able to sb:ss until you change targets or 5s have passed, thing is this require you to press it twice compared to an /use soulburn macro.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2013-02-27 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    @ xskarma
    You dont need to be ingame to check your macros.

Go to Warcraft Folder (Program files/world of warcraft) ->WTF->Account->ACCOUNT NAME (maybe you will see numbers if logged multiple accounts on your PC, open them and find the one that has your characters). Now for the general account macros (the first tab), open macros-cache.txt (use notepad).
    For character spesific go to WTF/YOURSERVER/YOURCHARACTERNAME and open macro-cache
    Cheers, I'll try to remember that if I need it again

My macro is actually exactly the same as N0n3's that he posted. Didn't think it was that simple to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I use a castsequence >.<
    stop please!!!
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    stop please!!!
    Why? It kept screwing up for me when I used it as a single button press, Soulburn just didn't always register before Soul Swap triggered, it seemed. So I went and used this, and I haven't had a problem since. I suppose it saves you a few tenths of a second to have it in 1 button press, but I prefer knowing that my actions go through like I intend them to, to the tiniest of speed increases. For me it's bound to a mouse button I can operate with the top of my thumb, and once I got used to it it was fast enough that I didn't notice any delays in my actions, so.

I use a castsequence one, with a 5 second/target change reset time. Can't copy it at the moment though EU realms are in maintenance, and I can't be trusted to write it down without mistakes without peeking what it looked like >.<
    Just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Account#>\macros-cache.txt
    or if it's char specific C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Account#>\<Realm>\<Character>\macros-cache.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Account#>\macros-cache.txt
    or if it's char specific C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Account#>\<Realm>\<Character>\macros-cache.txt
    Thanks for making it more clear than mine xD I suck

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? It kept screwing up for me when I used it as a single button press, Soulburn just didn't always register before Soul Swap triggered, it seemed. So I went and used this, and I haven't had a problem since. I suppose it saves you a few tenths of a second to have it in 1 button press, but I prefer knowing that my actions go through like I intend them to, to the tiniest of speed increases. For me it's bound to a mouse button I can operate with the top of my thumb, and once I got used to it it was fast enough that I didn't notice any delays in my actions, so.
    might be that you'd be trying to use the macro during the GCD of your previous spell ?

i use a simple macro for this:

/cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap

problem being, as you wrote, for me atleast, using this during the GCD triggers the soulburn, consumes a shard, but the soul swap does not happen, i.e. i have to have soul swap solely on a different keybind, in case the above-stated happens, so i can react quickly and soul swap without losing too much time ( gotten pretty used to following the GCD if i wanna use the macro beforehand so, it's all good from my POV).

Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post
    might be that you'd be trying to use the macro during the GCD of your previous spell ?

/cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap

problem being, as you wrote, for me atleast, using this during the GCD triggers the soulburn, consumes a shard, but the soul swap does not happen, i.e. i have to have soul swap solely on a different keybind, in case the above-stated happens, so i can react quickly and soul swap without losing too much time ( gotten pretty used to following the GCD if i wanna use the macro beforehand so, it's all good from my POV).
    You could do what i mentioned before, to save a key bind slot,

#showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:alt] Soul Swap
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap

If you press it normally it will do SB:SS , if you press the key bind with the alt it will do only Soul Swap
    For example, i have this on keybind '' T '' . I press T and it does Soulburn and Soul Swap, and if I press atl+T it will only do Soul Swap.

#showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap

was more stable i think , but it would rarely do it, so i switched to the 1st one to save that extra keybind (I love having situational macros and i am kinda full on keybindings)
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-28 at 07:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post

/cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap
    This.

Why complicate things when it's really that simple? It's all you need. You can use Pitakos' variation of it if you want to have your regular soul swap on the same key (with a modifier).
    Just remember Soulburn isn't on the GCD but Soul Swap IS, so when you use Soulburn macros (or Fire and Brimstone) you have to let your gcd finish before doing so, otherwise it won't work. You do lose some time doing it this way, but tbh there's no other way. Xkarma's way loses even more time, seeing as he will not only have to wait for the gcd, he will also have to click the button twice.
    You cannot clip the latency of a cast into a soulburn (or fire and brimstone) macro and it's something to get used to .. but it's not that big of a deal tbh, we've been doing it since soulburn was first introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    This.

Why complicate things when it's really that simple? It's all you need. You can use Pitakos' variation of it if you want to have your regular soul swap on the same key (with a modifier).
    Just remember Soulburn isn't on the GCD but Soul Swap IS, so when you use Soulburn macros (or Fire and Brimstone) you have to let your gcd finish before doing so, otherwise it won't work. You do lose some time doing it this way, but tbh there's no other way. Xkarma's way loses even more time, seeing as he will not only have to wait for the gcd, he will also have to click the button twice.
    You cannot clip the latency of a cast into a soulburn (or fire and brimstone) macro and it's something to get used to .. but it's not that big of a deal tbh, we've been doing it since soulburn was first introduced.
    Soulburn is a bit of a different case of Fire and Brimstone, because a FnB macro wont consume any unecessary burning ember if it fails. I wouldn't recommend a castsequence macro for SB:SS, but for FnB:Incinerate is less punishing, and easier to use.Tbh with the ingame queueing feature, an experienced player doing FnB:Incinerate manually wont loose any time at all , but a castsequence FnB-> Incinerate makes the life easier for noobs like me. To put it simply, you can make a castsequence macro for FnB:Incinerate and spam it without fear for as long you need to AoE, while SB:SS is quite punishing and must be used with caution. Since 1 second of not refreshing empowered dots while procs are fading or wasting an extra soul shard(fail case) can cost a lot dpswise.

Deleted
    Am I the only warlock not using a macro/cast sequence macro for SB:SS? Are you guys actually using modifier macros for all your SB spells, seed/curse/swap? I'd rather just have SB on a hot key and save 3 modifier macros. My only problem is that I sometimes derp and inhale my dots when I lack shards, but that's a l2p issue more than anything.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    @ pitakos

it's just what i've gotten used to, will most likely keep it the way i'm doing it at the moment while adding 2 reasons why i don't use modifiers:

1 - i don't use alt. ever. it's next to the windows button and i've clicked it more than once when i've tried keybinding stuff to alt+X, so i stay away from it, got quite pissed a few times i had thought i pressed alt, then the game froze a bit, then i ended up in windows ( not gonna buy another keyboard just to not have alt + the window button next to it, not going to happen)

2 - i have SB:SS on shift-1 and that macro on shift-2. while i waste a keybind, it gives me a situational choice of what i want to do, when i want to do it ( i.e. stoneguards , swapping the dots from the dog that stays alone to the one that the one exploding next is moved to, in order to not waste a macroed SB:SS OR on the same fight, when i want to use the macro to recast all the dots in 1 gcd, when almost everything procs, use DS, haunt + macro then MG for the full DS's time, while using the macro again at the end of DS ( or whichever highest int buff runs out faster) for fully buffed dots for a longer duration, more deeps, etc, you get the idea)

Well Vexeer,

You can always just remove the Start button from there ^_^. This way you wont have to worry for it ever, and you will get a bigger variety of keybinds.
    Second, you can use shift modifier instead of alt if you have problems. You just change Alt with Shift or cntrl on the macro (beware that if you have a shift modifier and keybinded the same key it wont work.For example if you have shift+1 Soul Swap and placed a macro with shift modifier on "1" the macro wont work). Or if you want to keep your shift+1 keybind for something else you can do it with "T'' (or whatever your prefer its just an example, so i will use "T").Make the macro with shift modifier instead of alt, keybind somewhere the " T ''. This way you do Souburn/Soul Swap with T, and shift+T for normal Soul Swap.

Its not like I want to convince you that mine is better, I was just giving a suggestion. Everyone should use what they are used to, or what they find more comfortable. This is a suggestion just to gain some keybind space if you have problems. You can do the same with Seed of Corruption, and i personally have 3 modifiers for pets in 1 macro(old habbit from felguard/fellhunter swap).