Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Have I mentioned yet how much I love your avatar?

And yes, I also expect butthurt, QQ, and trolls.

Hell, I'll bet you when they're revealed at Blizzcon (calling it now) someone makes a thread about "old models were better" the same time someone makes a "omg they just rehashed our current models. lame."
    This highlights a point actually, I expect the old models to be still available as options. It's really the only way to keep as many people happy as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Along with better art models in terms of quality I would also expect and hope for more character customization options and animations to go along with them.

Also if possible: one or more free character re-customization(s) upon the release of said updated character models.

I have a really bad feeling that they will change the weapon size for every race into Belf female level.

Weapons get smaller and smaller every Xpac and I suspect they will do the same for characters...

Other than that I certainly welcome character revamp.

I expect to be mostly happy with them, probably feel they haven't gone far enough in certain respects.

And I expect that the forums will be immediately flooded with angry people trying to convince me that my old Orc with his two-pixel toes was way superior to the new one, that it's the final nail in WoW's coffin, that everything is RUINED FOREVER.

And at least as many people complaining about how it didn't go far enough, how they demand more revamps on top of the revamps. Or how they want customisable cheekbone sliders and how they're going to quit unless Blizzard re-textures the male troll's left knuckle.

And about a thousand new threads about the goddamn alpha worgen model.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Higher polgon count and texures. Keep the same animations but make them feel more fluid to match the higher polygon count.
    Nah, I hope there are more animations. I also hope they make at least a few conservative changes to the models. I've never been that happy with the bones on my Undead characters for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I hope that female orcs will have better hairs, cause i'm tired of those papery hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I have a really bad feeling that they will change the weapon size for every race into Belf female level.

Weapons get smaller and smaller every Xpac and I suspect they will do the same for characters...

Other than that I certainly welcome character revamp.
    Speaking of which, I hope they slightly increase the size of shoulders on female Blood Elves and Draenei. Makes some sets look downright silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see more character customization...
    Also, maybe they should allow some kind off "Old model option" for people that don't like the new look of a race. "Old model option" should be client side though

We really need a crossed arms look. *cough*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I would like to see more character customization...
    Also, maybe they should allow some kind off "Old model option" for people that don't like the new look of a race. "Old model option" should be client side though
    Entirely possible. If Blizz doesn't do it, the hackers will do it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see it soon... I know that shit aint gonna happen though.

I expect it to come in one of the last patches of MoP when the sub bleeding starts becoming more intense. I also expect it to be fun for a day and then largely overlooked mostly because I am sure blizzard will make sure that the new models are extremely similar to the current old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Have I mentioned yet how much I love your avatar?

And yes, I also expect butthurt, QQ, and trolls.

Hell, I'll bet you when they're revealed at Blizzcon (calling it now) someone makes a thread about "old models were better" the same time someone makes a "omg they just rehashed our current models. lame" thread.
    As long as they offer the ability to freely recustomise your toon from there on out instead of paying $15 I can't see there being too much of an issue. It gives players the freedom to experiment with new looks in their entirety. And there should be a myriad of options. numerous skin tones, hairstyles and colours, jewelry, accents, as well as a far wider range of movements and real facial expressions, etc.

oh and no more shoulder/cape clipping
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-27 at 08:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    oh and no more shoulder/cape clipping
    This is just going to be a fact of life until cloaks have their own physics and actually flow instead of being cardboard drapes on the back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in the Azerothian sky, on a dragon.
    If that new female troll model for that one boss is any indication of what we could expect... I'm pleasantly surprised. Keep the same styles, just make them better, more realistic. As many of the people half already said.. a la pandaren. If they fix the model clipping and spruce up the textures, we could be looking at a game changer. Granted updated character models could mean that they would look EVEN MORE out of place in the world... So.. I don't really know. I like that troll female boss, but I'm not sure how well received it'd be if it became a playable thing.

As 99% of the avatar is covered with gear, I don't see the CM revamp bringing anything new to the table at all.

Gear already was upped in graphics several times (just look at older weapons/shields/gear from Vanilla WOW still in the game), so this avatar revamp thing is way over hyped.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Higher polycount for the face at least, and higher texture resolution is almost more important. Then while they're at it maybe add a few new attack animations, whilst also keeping all the old things.

A few new haircuts aswell perhaps. Oh and fix my freakishly large female nelf hands >_<
    Last edited by Iso; 2013-02-27 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    I would love something like this

edit, cant really find some Tera screenshots that would be good size for forums, but you know what I mean.

and yeah, boob physics aswell :P
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2013-02-27 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    As 99% of the avatar is covered with gear, I don't see the CM revamp bringing anything new to the table at all.

Gear already was upped in graphics several times (just look at older weapons/shields/gear from Vanilla WOW still in the game), so this avatar revamp thing is way over hyped.
    Better animations for these cases, such as can be seen with the new female orc direct and omni-cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect them to keep the "feel" of each race, and hopefully they aren't changing the animations to drastically.
    Better looking hair is high on the list for sure. Hands could see a lot of improvements, especially for Forsaken characters, they are just claw-like and pointy. And most importantly I think is updating the old models faces, some are outright hideous.

I also hope that new models make me want to play races I don't enjoy, kinda filling up on 1-3 races as my most picked ones.. If it weren't for class restrictions, I could easily have my chars all be the same race.

New animations, altered body shape and better textures. I doubt there will be anything new to adjust in the character creation. As much as I want a hairstyle for my tauren...
    Now you see it. Now you don't.