Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    While I enjoy Elementary, Sherlock is 100x better

Personally I tried Vegas and couldn't get into it. It seemed to just turn into another cop drama, although one set in the '60's, pretty quickly. I only watched about 3-4 episodes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because no-one mentioned it yet..

Sons of Anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Am I the only person who HATES Breaking Bad?
    Yes

The Walking Dead.
    Breaking Bad.
    House.
    Grey's Anatomy.
    Mad Men.
    Dollhouse.
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Game of Thrones
    Shameless (US)

Those are all terrific 1 hour dramas.

Shame you didn't put that you like sitcoms.

I also just caught up on Lost Girl, which was captivating.
    Just started Pretty Little Liars, which has me hooked completely.
    Being Human, the US version is amazing.
    I don't generally like too many British shows, but Skins is awesome.

Person of Interest is pretty awesome and has a very engaging story.

I'm surprised this one hasn't been said yet but definitely check out FRINGE. It was seriously the best show for me as of late; its a shame it ended.

Merlin
    Game of Thrones

Both extremely well made and amazing stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Imrdy91 View Post
    I'm surprised this one hasn't been said yet but definitely check out FRINGE.
    It was said in the 3rd post in the thread.

Try these shows, some of them already mentioned but just to add another voice to the recommendations:
    The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Leverage

The Shield and Leverage are both finished, lasting 7 and 5 seasons, respectively. Sons of Anarchy has gone 5 seasons, with 2 more planned for it. Justified is in season 4, no word on how long it will last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Battlestar Gallatica, Psych, Farscape, Sherlock, Fringe

While I didn't like Battlestar Galatica (TV series), the moviesque web short series Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome was quite awesome.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, but The Vampire Diaries. This show is in no way like Twilight, they even make fun of it on numerous occasions. Once you get past the first 3-4 episodes of teeny high school drama, it gets a lot better, and the pacing/plotting is some of the best I've seen on TV in a long while. They're also not afraid of killing off characters, which keeps the tension high. And all of this is coming from someone who made fun of the show for the last 4 years, but a friend of mine suggested it after I finished watching the entire Angel series on Netflix (another great recommendation, I may add) and was looking for something else to keep me glued to the TV.
    Last edited by Chudah; 2013-03-01 at 05:36 PM.

Continuum I thought was pretty good to watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    I know I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, but The Vampire Diaries. This show is in no way like Twilight, they even make fun of it on numerous occasions. Once you get past the first 3-4 episodes of teeny high school drama, it gets a lot better, and the pacing/plotting is some of the best I've seen on TV in a long while. They're also not afraid of killing off characters, which keeps the tension high. And all of this is coming from someone who made fun of the show for the last 4 years, but a friend of mine suggested it after I finished watching the entire Angel series on Netflix (another great recommendation, I may add) and was looking for something else to keep me glued to the TV.
    I love that show but it's so not realistic. The vampires there have no weaknesses at all. They can walk around during day if they wear a really common and easily obtained ring. They're also immortal and just better than humans in every way, yet for some reason, even though the main characters know about them, they don't want to become one and would rather be brainwashed, pushed around and tortured by all kinds of evil supernatural beings.

At least in Angel and Twilight, there are downsides, like not being able to walk around in sunlight and in Angel, you basically just become a demon and stop being yourself. Oh and another thing is that even though they get the opportunity they just won't finish off the big baddies, even though they come back every season and kill some of their friends. Like Catherine.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Dollhouse (which admittedly isn't nearly as amazing as Buffy/Angel but it has its moments)
    Lost Girl is okay, it's the methadone to my Buffy/Angel heroin.

Breaking Bad
    Sons of Anarchy
    Game of Thrones
    Walking Dead
    Homeland
    House of Lies
    Fringe
    Grimm
    Continuum
    House M.D.
    Lost Girl
    Being Human (both UK and US versions, but I like the US version far more)
    Psych
    Burn Notice
    Supernatural

Golden boy stands out for me. T. James has such an intensity in that show. Only a few episodes are out, but it's something unique. Suits and Elementary are worth watching. Continuum is not bad.

Supernatural/Fringe were amazing the first few seasons. I wish they ended when they were on the top.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I love that show but it's so not realistic. The vampires there have no weaknesses at all. They can walk around during day if they wear a really common and easily obtained ring. They're also immortal and just better than humans in every way, yet for some reason, even though the main characters know about them, they don't want to become one and would rather be brainwashed, pushed around and tortured by all kinds of evil supernatural beings.

At least in Angel and Twilight, there are downsides, like not being able to walk around in sunlight and in Angel, you basically just become a demon and stop being yourself. Oh and another thing is that even though they get the opportunity they just won't finish off the big baddies, even though they come back every season and kill some of their friends. Like Catherine.
    Somebody please correct this person

OT: The Shield hands down if you want to watch something which has already finished. Along with what everyone else has said GT,WD etc I also recommend Boardwalk Empire as a very good watch.

Twilight?

Twilight...Twilight....is that the movie about the sparkly octogenarian that seduces a high school girl?

Mentalist
    Person of Interest
    Mad Men
    Suits

Deleted
    Supernatural
    Doctor Who
    Torchwood (Doctor Who spinoff)