Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do other people act this way in PvP?

Get ready for a good bit a text. I'll break it up to make it easy on the eyes

I have recently started to PvP this season with a close friend of mine and my brother.
    Our main comp we are running is UH DK, Resto Shammy, Arms War.

The friend is the shaman, brother is warrior.

We have a steady 3's that we run, and we just can't seem to get past 1600 to save our lives and it's really embarrasing with my past of raiding(World First boss attempts, 40+ hour raid week, etc etc.) that we can't surpass this point.

I really thought I was lacking somehow but the other day me and my brother, me playing HPally just sat down for the first time and did 2s. We ended up going over 34-7 which was unreal and we capped a bit over 1800 if I remember correctly.

Since then I have tried countless different comps with my friend and none of them make it past 1500. We have gotten hot streak getting to 1300 before, only to lose 5 times in a row and have my friend ragequit. HPally/Mage, RSham/DK, HPally/SPriest,RSham/BMHunter, etc...

Here is the gimmick. He watches twitch streams of Reckful, Sodah, Cdew, etc etc. He thinks he knows it all! He thinks he is the head man and is always correcting me and my brother, when we are usually the right ones. We might go like 5-0 all above 1500 and then we will lose once to a stupid comp(resto shammy, Blood DK.. wut?) and he just rages and always complains about us.

I really want to have a good jump next season early, and I think it might be difficult with my friend. What should I do? I mostly do arenas but have never really explored RBGs. As a DK, I really should jump on that too probably xD!

TL;DR: Are there other people that don't even have a 1550 achieve but act like they are Rank 1?

Deleted
    The game is balanced around my awesomeness. When I'm kicking too much butt GC nerfs my class. Coincidence? I think not!
    These nerfs doesn't bother me much, that's how amazing I am. But I do sympathize with other people playing my class. Can't be easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post

I have recently started to PvP this season with a close friend of mine and my brother.

We have a steady 3's that we run, and we just can't seem to get past 1600 to save our lives and it's really embarrasing with my past of raiding(World First boss attempts, 40+ hour raid week, etc etc.) that we can't surpass this point.

I really thought I was lacking somehow but the other day me and my brother, me playing HPally just sat down for the first time and did 2s. We ended up going over 34-7 which was unreal and we capped a bit over 1800 if I remember correctly.

Since then I have tried countless different comps with my friend and none of them make it past 1500. We have gotten hot streak getting to 1300 before, only to lose 5 times in a row and have my friend ragequit. HPally/Mage, RSham/DK, HPally/SPriest,RSham/BMHunter, etc...

Here is the gimmick. He watches twitch streams of Reckful, Sodah, Cdew, etc etc. He thinks he knows it all! He thinks he is the head man and is always correcting me and my brother, when we are usually the right ones. We might go like 5-0 all above 1500 and then we will lose once to a stupid comp(resto shammy, Blood DK.. wut?) and he just rages and always complains about us.

I really want to have a good jump next season early, and I think it might be difficult with my friend. What should I do? I mostly do arenas but have never really explored RBGs. As a DK, I really should jump on that too probably xD!

TL;DR: Are there other people that don't even have a 1550 achieve but act like they are Rank 1?
    ofc there are. the one the stream the hardest are also the one that never made it to 1500...

you have them in pvp and in pve. nothing new here tbh....

Sounds like you need to replace your complaining, ragequitting friend. :d

yes, there are A LOT. they're just a bunch of deluded and talentless scrubs. the game is full of them. be grateful that it's not your brother

Your friend may be bad, but it's not easy to tell from your data.

it's really embarrasing with my past of raiding(World First boss attempts, 40+ hour raid week, etc etc.) that we can't surpass this point.
    Being good at PvE absolutely does not mean you will be good at arena. Some key skills in arena are not a part of the game at all in PvE. Don't be embarrassed.

2s are nothing like 3s. There is overlap sure, but generally a very different experience. For example, playing as healer/dps your odds of beating double dps are very very high before the game even begins.

You'll find people like this in all aspects of life my friend.

Deleted
    Cut them short if it hits your happy fun time basically.

Yes op, plenty of people act like epeen elitists and point the finger when they fuck up. PLENTY, and not just in pvp.

Yep, some of the biggest ego-heads on my realm are sub 2k players, and the most experienced guy on our realm is also the nicest and most humble.

It's just like real life, just like PvE and pretty much everything else in the world, there are people who like pointing fingers and not looking at their own mistakes.

My only bit of advice for WoW PvP though: If you're not having fun, it's up to YOU to change something. Be it as simple as strategy, comp or gems, or as difficult as standing up to someone who is pulling your team down or even finding new partners. Luckily, I've had it pretty easy and haven't ever had a partner who I've not had fun with, but I also don't play Arena with people I don't get along with.

He sounds like a dick, though.

Hey man, you post is funny to read. Not because of the rageguy, but because of the start. Im playing sonce Vanilla and always raided endcontent. I also conidered myself as a good player who learns quick (only good, not best ;D). No matter what combo i play i get stuck at around 1600. I duno what i do wrong. Ok, i mean i could invest more time for pvp for sure...that would be 1 thing. Lately i also played with a warrior and we went like boom to 1750. Then the struggle started again. Tbh we lost to many Hpala+FDk combos.

I've never met someone who literally doesn't have a rating achievement and thinks their play is flawless, but sure people definitely like to think they're better than they are. To be completely fair to your friend, it's certainly possible he's better than you seem to be expecting. It's not really surprising you got further in 2v2 than 3v3 considering the comps you played. There are several variables that could be causing your experience, but in the end the best answer for you is really just to try playing with someone else. Even if you don't find anyone better, you'll at least have been through a few different peoples' playstyles and skill levels and will be much more likely to pinpoint your problems in the future (and this shaman kind of sounds like an unpleasant person anyway).

Yes, they act this way. In my experience the more they talk about how awesome they are, the more terrible they are.

Is he pointing out specific things, like you need to do x when enemy class y does z? Or is it just generalized (completely unhelpful) complaining about you not doing enough?

Deleted
    This forum is 90% those kind of people and that is probably not an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag421 View Post
    Yes, they act this way. In my experience the more they talk about how awesome they are, the more terrible they are.

Is he pointing out specific things, like you need to do x when enemy class y does z? Or is it just generalized (completely unhelpful) complaining about you not doing enough?
    i agree. when guys start blaming and ragequitting, especially at such a low mmr, its a sure sign of a selfish player. selfish players aren't good team players. arena's is a team effort. what every member does affects the other guys during the match. its pretty obvious this guy don't fit with you and your brother. dump him quick.

Don't forget that there are a lot of hardcore pve players that don't even have 2k in arena and I am pretty sure that they have tried so there is no reason to get embarrassed.

I recommend you to play with other random people and just keep playing until you get better. Experience is very important in pvp and you will probably not get better in a while so don't get upset over it. Keep playing and you will just get better. It will be exhausting with frenemies because obviously you will start blaming each other(I don't honestly think that your friend is as terrible as you describe him to be) and if you keep playing with your brother you will probably be way too casual to actually learn anything from playing so its best if you dump both of your teammates.

I only skimmed through the comments in the thread but:

1. It sounds like your friend is a noob. Sorry to be harsh but lol just because you watch a stream or video, doesn't make you good.
    2. Don't take TOO much away from your 1800 in 2s. 2s are easy, and it sounds like you were rolling with basically the best, or one of the best 2s comps as far as I'm aware.

I'd replace your friend if you're aiming for 2.2k.

Well, if you cant get over 1800 in 2's as hpala warrior this season you need to be really bad, its extremly easy to get 2k+ with that comp at the moment. Playing 2's as hpala warrior says nothing about your skill at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.
    That pretty much summarises most of the self-proclaimed "pvp pros"

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a buddy, got 2.3k as rogue last season and thinks he's the new reckful/khuna/etc... Or at least he acts like that
    I often play games with him on alts, always fun when he rages. And while he's not as good as me, it's not because he doesn't know what to do, but that he has slower reflexes and a lot worse internet. If it wasn't for his advice, I wouldn't have reached 2.7k on my rogue alt last season.

The rest of my server, meh, often sub 1.8k players that act like know-it-all, most of them ain't nice guys either. On these and the wow forums it's the same, minus the big douchbaggery you see ingame. Very often I see people pretending to know it all better, just to see others prove them wrong. Not that I know it all, but compared to the 98% I know and the 30% they know, yeah....

And honestly, I suggest replacing your raging friend. If it's not too serious, raging doesn't matter, but it seems like his raging is pretty serious. Not the kind of teammate you really want if you aim higher.

Surround yourself with more positive, like-minded people and you will find more success, much like in real life.

Dump the bad apple.