Thread: VP Upgrades ?

VP Upgrades ?

So I'd planned to upgrade my weapon with VP, however the RNG decided against that.

Question is - is it worth upgrading any other item other than weapon, if so - which ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So I'd planned to upgrade my weapon with VP, however the RNG decided against that.

Question is - is it worth upgrading any other item other than weapon, if so - which ones ?
    An armory link would be nice but a general guide:

1. Weapon (doesn't help you)
    2. Darkmoon Card
    3. Any Heroic Elite Protector gear if it's itemized better than the 522 Neutral/Friendly choices Shado-Pan Assault and normal ToT drops
    4. Any Heroic gear that's itemized better than the 522 Neutral/Friendly Shado-Pan Assault Valor gear. Examples would be the Heroic Spirit+Mastery Neck from Spirit Kings or Spirit + Mastery Cloak from Blade Lord for Resto Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

At this point in time it is better to upgrade NOTHING. That's right, don't do any upgrades. Go into next x-pac with the max valor. The reason being is valor gear next patch is 522 which is a higher ilevel than upgraded gear currently. Additionally, the first piece of gear can be bought at neutral and the next two pieces can be bought at friendly which takes 1 boss kill. The total I believe is 4250 valor or something for these 3 pieces.

NOTE: The above guy stated the situations where you should upgrade, if you have heroic raid gear otherwise don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    At this point in time it is better to upgrade NOTHING. That's right, don't do any upgrades. Go into next x-pac with the max valor. The reason being is valor gear next patch is 522 which is a higher ilevel than upgraded gear currently. Additionally, the first piece of gear can be bought at neutral and the next two pieces can be bought at friendly which takes 1 boss kill. The total I believe is 4250 valor or something for these 3 pieces.

NOTE: The above guy stated the situations where you should upgrade, if you have heroic raid gear otherwise don't.
    You can get 2999/3000 Neutral from Trash. After that you must kill bosses to get reputation.

As for wanting 3k valor at 5.2 launch, it really depends on how well itemized the items are for your class/spec. DPS Warriors want nothing to do with the Valor neck (haste+mastery) and the trinket is kind of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Armoury -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arzkopf/simple

I worked out that the full sha touched weapon with the quest add ons and upgraded was worth it, sadly - after 70 rolls RNG decided not to give me that choice.
    I worked out that it wasn't any point upgrading a non-sha weapon as it just didn't match up, and a non-upgraded sha didn't either.

How good is upgrading the trinket ? Is it really that useful ?