Thread: Dark Simulacrum

Deleted

Dark Simulacrum

I remember using this having random mechanics in which it would provide a tiny increase of damage such as on Hagara, but has anyone found a single use for it in Pandaria?

Deleted
    Only on a few trash mobs (raid) and some in normal HC dungeons but in general it has no/very limited use in the pve aspect of the game

Protectors I believe is the only raid application where it makes sense to use.

Sadly, I am always on interrupt duty for this fight, and I suck at Macros so I am not totally sure how to use a Focus Interrupt macro AND a DarkSim macro on the other boss that I'm not targeting. I need two focus targets/macros =p
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-02-28 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Sadly, I am always on interrupt duty for this fight, and I suck at Macros so I am not totally sure how to use a Focus Interrupt macro AND a DarkSim macro on the other boss that I'm not targeting. I need two focus targets/macros =p
    You can simply put the enemies name in the macro. /cast [target=<name>] Dark Simulacrum should work.

As far as I know, Protectors' lightning bolt is the only raid ability you can copy in 5.1. Also you can use it on your raid member during fights like Spirit Kings, Imperial Vizier, Amber Shaper when they become hostile. Seems like you need to use it right before they become friendly and then ask them to cast something big really quick. But it doesn't help that much. I tried it just for fun, copied Halo, Earthquake etc, but only did like less than 100k for total - -
    It is useful in PVP if you successfully copy some utility spells like Cyclone, Ring of Frost, or simply put pressure on casters so that they will be careful to cast these spells. But... well it is pretty random and not that reliable.
    I really think they should redesign this ability, like make the spells you mimic depend on your AP instead of SP, or depend on source SP when it is cast. Just throw out the idea - -

Copied a healing cooldown from our healer after a MC phase in Spirit Kings..was a little dumb luck though. But yea the MC phases it's pretty nifty to see what you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Misheron View Post
    You can simply put the enemies name in the macro. /cast [target=<name>] Dark Simulacrum should work.
    That's what I figured, but for whatever reason I couldn't get it to go off. Is there a way to do it so it doesn't literally target the boss at all, like a focus macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolozal View Post
    Only on a few trash mobs (raid) and some in normal HC dungeons but in general it has no/very limited use in the pve aspect of the game
    Which is a shame considering how much fun it was to use in Zul'gurub on Zanzil to copy Zanzil's fire.

I have noticed it also doesn't copy quite as many quest mobs abilities as I thought it would. If you are doing the shieldwall/dominance offensive quest line, and are killing imps in Kunlai it will not copy their "Needles" ability.

I generally use it every chance I get, just to see what it copies and what it doesn't.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    That's what I figured, but for whatever reason I couldn't get it to go off. Is there a way to do it so it doesn't literally target the boss at all, like a focus macro?
    You could do a mouseover macro, but after a fair amount of research I was unable to find anything usable with 1 button.

I use 2 buttons, one for the "inhale" and one for the "exhale". If one was to use the first macro for both, then it would cast the lightning bolt on regail. This is not useful if you are killing the protector first.

First macro "inhale"

/target Elder Regail
    /cast Dark Simulacrum
    /targetlasttarget

Second ability "exhale" is just a normal dark simulacrum bind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralantos View Post
    I remember using this having random mechanics in which it would provide a tiny increase of damage such as on Hagara, but has anyone found a single use for it in Pandaria?
    I personaly think that ''Dark Simulacrum'' has nothing to do with your dps. It is really usefull in arena but in PvE i don't know.

it's pretty boss if you can copy a mages ice block, or maybe even blink?

There's a lot of stuff to copy in five mans as usual, but as far as raids go it's pretty much just lightning bolts at protectors and whatever you can convince other players to give you at spirit kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Napokue View Post
    I personaly think that ''Dark Simulacrum'' has nothing to do with your dps. It is really usefull in arena but in PvE i don't know.
    It doesn't, however in T13 you could copy Hagara's ice attack(forgot the name), and it could hit for a cool 150-200k damage, again not much but a tiny boost nonetheless.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Copying a Demo Lock's Dark Soul (translates to 60% increased Frost damage) during Zor'lok or Spirit Kings should be pretty lucrative especially as DW Frost.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL