Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Vent or Team speak?

Alright, I joined a lvl 25 guild on an alt of mine. Immediately someone goes out to say, Please download teamspeak and talk with us! So my natural response is. People still use teamspeak? So this person goes on to whisper me why Teamspeak is better than vent. They may or may not be true, I have never used teamspeak before, always vent. I then went to say I was going to end the conversation, even though we are in a game and typing I could feel they were getting frustrated at me for saying Vent is more widely used that teamspeak. I told them, if they were to poll the question, What do you more, Teamspeak or Ventrilo? I said about 70% of people would say Ventrilo. Teamspeak came out during BC, Ventrilo has been out way longer, meaning more people use it naturally yes? So my question is to all of you who read this is. Would you, and do you use, Teamspeak or Ventrilo? Just to show the person who called me a moron for saying this.

ventrilo for life man, vastly superior UI and quality imo

Where is the poll?
    Used vent in the past, but we use TS now. I am told it's better.

Deleted
    Neither, I vote for Mumble

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurid View Post
    Teamspeak came out during BC.
    Teamspeak has been out considerably longer than that. My clan was using it for Battlefield Vietnam before wow even came out. That said have used both TS3 and Vent and I prefer vent by a huge margin. Teamspeak just felt clunky and difficult to customise.

Just had a look, both came out in August 2002. Vent 23 days before TS.

No love for Mumble? :<

I haven't used TS in many years and currently use Vent and Mumble.

But does it matter? If your guild uses TS, then...use TS? I don't see the necessity for a "my dad can beat up your dad" argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leannas View Post
    This.

10char

Mumble as well.

I also cast my vote for Mrs Mumbledypeg

Deleted
    Apart from my mic not functioning correctly with vent, I don't really care. I have TS, vent, mumble, raid call (didn't know it existed before but ok) and skype.

15+ Year Old Account
    Teamspeak is way better then it used to be ... its better then Vent imo

Deleted
    Teamspeak is way older than WOW itself. It's more common in Europe than NA. Ventrilo had a time when it was unquestionable better than Teamspeak for voice quality but TS did get back on it feets. If you ask Germans 70% will say TS.
    If you ask me between Teamspeak or Ventrilo i would pick Mumble and then Teamspeak but in the end i take the prog that the guild wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurid View Post
    Alright, I joined a lvl 25 guild on an alt of mine. Immediately someone goes out to say, Please download teamspeak and talk with us! So my natural response is. People still use teamspeak? So this person goes on to whisper me why Teamspeak is better than vent.

People still use vent?

Alright. My knowledge of Vent and TS is clearly limited. I just know blizz showed me Teamspeak in BC. I remember it. logging on to WoW, Team Speak, Use it! I dont research vent or teamspeak. All I know is people I MEET use vent way more. In order of what I see when I play my MMOs is, Vent, Skype, Mumble, Teamspeak. As for people using mumble. I dont even know what the Hell that is. Sorry if I sound like an idiot saying what I said, I just said what I knew from right now. I was just trying to get a survey of who uses teamspeak over vent. I just want to show that person vent is primarily dominant as far as I can tell that is.

In my experience and opinion, Mumble >> Teamspeak > Vent

The sound quality and functionality of Mumble is much better.

I prefer Vent over TS, however I will vote for Mumblypoohs
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Mumble is amazing.

Imo, it beats Vent and TS.

QFT. Three words: Zero Vent Lag.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.