Beginner 3s Comp

So, me and 2 friends decided to start leveling new toons to PvP. I'm playing a Holy Priest, and my 2 friends are going to be playing a Warrior and Hunter. My friends are new to the game, but I have decent PvP experience. My question is, what would be the best spec for each of them to go? We aren't looking to go really competitive, just for fun really.

Deleted
    Isn't that Arms and BM?

Just have a look at the 3on3 ladders of various servers, and check the specs of those two classes. That probably is the way to go, regardless of the comp being played.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arms, BM, Disc is a pretty solid comp. I know you said you are Holy, but Disc is much better pvp wise than Holy, unless 5.2 giving them Focused Will makes it otherwise. But historically, Holy has been pretty meh at pvp.

This season KFC (Healer, bm hunter, arms warrior) was one of the strongest comps for sure, even if warriors getting nerfed for 5.2 it will still be good enough if your only playing for fun.

MM might be better than BM as hunter for 5.2 and as a healer you should go disc.

Anything involving a hunter, a warrior and PvP suits the term beginner.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    This season KFC (Healer, bm hunter, arms warrior) was one of the strongest comps for sure, even if warriors getting nerfed for 5.2 it will still be good enough if your only playing for fun.

MM might be better than BM as hunter for 5.2 and as a healer you should go disc.
    Not sure what would cause MM to beat the extra CC and burst BM has... so no, BM will still be the PvP spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Anything involving a hunter, a warrior and PvP suits the term beginner.
    How is hunter any easier to play than other ranged? Hell, I'd say its harder, assuming people didn't blow up in your mongo cooldown spam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    How is hunter any easier to play than other ranged? Hell, I'd say its harder, assuming people didn't blow up in your mongo cooldown spam.
    Are you serious? Hunters are easily the most forgiving ranged class to play right now. Try playing something that actually has to cast to get their damage off and you'll see soon enough.

Not sure what would cause MM to beat the extra CC and burst BM has... so no, BM will still be the PvP spec.

Uninterruptable ranged damage, coupled with incredible kiting tools, stuns & silences.

As Ripley said above, try a ranged class with cast times for spells and you will understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    Uninterruptable ranged damage, coupled with incredible kiting tools, stuns & silences.

As Ripley said above, try a ranged class with cast times for spells and you will understand.
    Rofl, your so full of shit, please do explain what casters there are today that cant cast more or less 100% on the move. Its either cast while moving or 100% isntant spells for caster today.

They don't have to be worried about getting interrupted or silenced and roots/snares hardly affect them now that their attacks don't have a minimum distance. Most hunters have their pet abilities on auto cast(lol) as well. They can also cast while moving, even if it's only 1 spell.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Rofl, your so full of shit, please do explain what casters there are today that cant cast more or less 100% on the move. Its either cast while moving or 100% isntant spells for caster today.
    ele shaman and spriest

Deleted
    not much choice really

warrior = arms ofc
    hunter = bm or mm no idea what specs are like on ptr
    priest = disc ofc (or he can go shadow if you guys are playing for the lulz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't be holy priest and you'll be fine.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post

Ice Lance gets kicked a lot right? By all the melees that are stuck in novas? Please.

Edit: By the way, their kiting tools are no better than a mages, their silence is worse than counterspell, and they have 1 MAYBE 2 stuns depending on pet. If you want to complain about hunters, complain about 1 minute cd bursts and readiness resetting it. But don't claim they are easier because of those reasons you listed, as other ranged classes have better ones.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-02-27 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    speaking of full of shit....please tell me that was not your honest attempt at a rebuttal. For starters, spreists come to mind, our dots are instant, but there is ZERO motion while casting anything. Warlocks can talent into moving with a stacking debuff that slows you 15/30%, but that is if they talent it. Shamans can for 6 seconds while using spirit walkers grace (2 min CD). You obviously have never touched a Mistweaver monk. You obviously do not play a caster, so you should probably stick to giving advice on things you know about.

OP: I would go disc, but a hpaly is much stronger with that comp and much more viable against burst comps like that because you can bubble or BoP yourself or your teammates. Resto shaman and hpaly > Disc -

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    speaking of full of shit....please tell me that was not your honest attempt at a rebuttal. For starters, spreists come to mind, our dots are instant, but there is ZERO motion while casting anything. Warlocks can talent into moving with a stacking debuff that slows you 15/30%, but that is if they talent it. Shamans can for 6 seconds while using spirit walkers grace (2 min CD). You obviously have never touched a Mistweaver monk. You obviously do not play a caster, so you should probably stick to giving advice on things you know about.

OP: I would go disc, but a hpaly is much stronger with that comp and much more viable against burst comps like that because you can bubble or BoP yourself or your teammates. Resto shaman and hpaly > Disc -
    You didn't mention mages. Ele Shams are poor in pvp right now anyway, but lightning bolt is getting buffed and surprise... they can cast it while moving. Spriests? Spriests have procs out the ass for instant casts.

Also... Pain Sup is pretty similarly good against burst comps, and disc priests will actually take less damage than Holy Paladins and Shamans. The reason Hpal is best on the comp is really because of Freedom.