Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Arcane nerf, whats you opinion

i just saw the latest nerfs:

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Glyph of Evocation now causes mages with Invocation talent to gain 10% of your health (was 20%) upon completing an Evocation.
    Arcane
    Arcane Blast damage reduced by 22.2%.
    Arcane Missile damage reduced by 22.2%.
    Arcane Barrage damage reduced by 13.6%.

Frost
    Frostbolt now deals 52% more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent Frostbolt damage.

i think this seems a bit to much..... 22.2% on blast and missiles...

Deleted
    Justified.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    (scroll through the fights, arcane mage is pretty much top on all, by a fair bit)

Now if only they would do aff warlocks too, we might see some proper balance.

You cant use raid bots to justify anything in a future patch. The changes are based on the current state of Arcane after the roller coaster ride its been having on the PTR. These latest changes could be just a tool tip fix after the many buffs/nerfs it has had. You should check out this thread 5.2 PTR-Standardized-DPS-Testing-Come-Help! for information on how Arcane currently performs. you might be surprised.
    in short 5.1 arcane and 5.2 arcane are very very different

Quote Originally Posted by syntactic View Post
    i just saw the latest nerfs:

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Glyph of Evocation now causes mages with Invocation talent to gain 10% of your health (was 20%) upon completing an Evocation.
    Arcane
    Arcane Blast damage reduced by 22.2%.
    Arcane Missile damage reduced by 22.2%.
    Arcane Barrage damage reduced by 13.6%.

Frost
    Frostbolt now deals 52% more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent Frostbolt damage.

i think this seems a bit to much..... 22.2% on blast and missiles...
    Wait are those tool tips updates or further nerfs on top off all the nerfs that Arcane was hit with..

Because if its the latter thats just overkill..

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Justified.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    (scroll through the fights, arcane mage is pretty much top on all, by a fair bit)

Now if only they would do aff warlocks too, we might see some proper balance.
    not justified. blizzard hasnt even factored in how well arcane will do in 5.2 fights. and you bring up an OLD chart showing old data? how about we bring up when paladins were op for one day since SoT was bugged and hit 300x per second back in Dragonsoul.. should we nerf paladins instead?

fires fucked and now arcanes worse off then fire.. lol.

Oh what a surprise, more mage nerfs.

Arcane is just competitive on PTR as it stands now, this dmg reduction will be the final killing blow to the spec.
    10% heal on evocation, i mean what's the point? Totally killed off the PVE world experience, back to the vanilla days of eating food after every pull. So bloody sick of this BS PVP/PVE juggling act.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's justified. Arcane is still incredibly powerful. I don't know about a 22?% nerf. That seems like a lot, but only time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    not justified. blizzard hasnt even factored in how well arcane will do in 5.2 fights. and you bring up an OLD chart showing old data? how about we bring up when paladins were op for one day since SoT was bugged and hit 300x per second back in Dragonsoul.. should we nerf paladins instead?

fires fucked and now arcanes worse off then fire.. lol.
    Old? It just pulls data from world of logs. Its based on the top 100 parses so it's constantly updated

Actually, fire seems to be the top performing of the three in 5.2. Once you actually get even higher crit from the all the new gear it'll most likely be the clear winner. Really though, this has to just be tooltip changes or an incomplete new rebalance (I think they said they were gonna nerf base damage and increase charge damage again) otherwise those nerfs on top of current PTR arcane number would make arcane a complete joke and far behind most other dps specs.

According to this: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

Warlocks could use a beatdown too. How big of a loss is this going to be, dps number wise?

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Old? It just pulls data from world of logs. Its based on the top 100 parses so it's constantly updated
    Old as in using current LIVE arcane numbers. Arcane has gone through a lot of damage tuning and entire mechanical changes on the PTR already, using live numbers to justify a nerf to the previous PTR build is simply not accurate. However as I said above it's most likely just tooltip changes or another rebalance that isn't complete since this IS a translation from chinese servers.

the fact is no1 has measured dps for the thunder king raid fights. we already know arcane will take some getting used to being its only 4 stacks now.. and nerfing it to the ground before testing dps seems very odd of blizz. sure arcane seems powerful atm but thatst been to stack camping via scorch, which is all going away in 5.2.. thats nerf #1.
    invocation gives even less spellpower dmg then before.... not many (if any) arcane mages used it for 5.2 but hey its nice to see our options are open now. #2
    rune of power gives less mana as well. #3
    and now the dmg of our main attacks is getting cut by -25%...

this'll be fine if they fix the ramp up time of arcane..otherwise arcane is going to be another disaster.

FYI, warlocks already had their nerf on PTR. 5% reduced Grimiore damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodaz View Post
    Oh what a surprise, more mage nerfs.

Arcane is just competitive on PTR as it stands now, this dmg reduction will be the final killing blow to the spec.
    10% heal on evocation, i mean what's the point? Totally killed off the PVE world experience, back to the vanilla days of eating food after every pull. So bloody sick of this BS PVP/PVE juggling act.
    Oh noes, the spec goes from #1 to like #3, clearly it's dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Did you even read their post? Arcane is #1 on live no one disputes that, but with all the changes on the current PTR build it's significantly lower. If this is a new nerf on top of all the other adjustments the spec has had throughout the previous builds then it certainly will be low and definitely not "#3".

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    What are you smoking? Learn to read, we are not talking about live, we are talking about another nerf on top of the nerfs going into 5.2 already on PTR. 22% on top of that would put arcane near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    FYI, warlocks already had their nerf on PTR. 5% reduced Grimiore damage.
    Needs a ton more than that... they match Arcane damage without any drawbacks due to the hilariously broken KJC how is that talent still "live" i will never know..

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, I'm happy to see they are improving frost, which is already pretty good for PvE. I wasn't really excited to play Arcane. It's boring and doesn't take a lot of skill to play, no offense to anyone who thinks it does. I switched Fire right as they nerfed it and was pretty bummed. I thought Fire was probably the funnest out of the three. Frost is pretty entertaining too though. They are already pretty well off, so I think these buffs might bump them up even more.

Thinking it may just be tooltip updates, but honestly who knows. I do, however, find it amusing that invocation heal is about the same health % per second as Warrior's Second Wind Talent, but must be channeled to achieve that and can easily be interrupted/locked out (yes, with the trade off that it functions above 35%, but >.> ). I don't think mages really need ridiculous self-healing for PVP, but everytime I fight a hunter I wonder why they have such a strong toolkit like mages but with strong self healing too...

And that Frostbolt change... wasn't the last adjustment somewhere in the neighborhood of 20%? With Frostbolt getting a serious nudge in power, I'm concerned about the viability of Fire for PVP now too (well, in terms of being immediately shunned from groups due to spec).

Of course, this is all assuming that the updated notes are accurate, etc, etc.

Deleted
    Arcane got overkilled, a 22% nerf ontop of the mana regen and arcane charge camping nerf is WAY to much...

Affliction warlocks are ahead of arcane mages on live and yet they only get nerfed by about 3% how is this fair? :|
    Last edited by mmoc2e1be8bc71; 2013-02-19 at 10:11 AM.