Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.2 PTR - Build 16650

Last edited by chaud; 2013-02-27 at 10:08 PM.

gg CM nerf.. it's expected though, otherwise it'll be top in t16

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Critical Mass now multiplies the critical strike chance of your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.20, down from 1.3."

Ouch!!
    Last edited by Roscoe; 2013-02-27 at 10:17 PM.

Another Nerf in Sacrifice for Affliction? Fuck you blizzard. Let me play without my stupid pets if i want to.

Damn GC

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Critical Mass Multiplies the critical strike chance of your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.30. Mage - Fire Spec. 1.20. Mage - Fire Spec."

Ouch!!
    It's like they can't figure out what the hell they want to do with this. They keep scaling it back every time the player base crawls up the item levels.

If you have to nerf it every time mages get access to better gear, just remove it and put in something that scales better.
    Last edited by Donnicton; 2013-02-27 at 10:22 PM.

The worst part is that until your at that very high gear level, the spec is complete garbage.

AW YISS, arcane mage buffs!

WE'RE BACK BABY!

Well, guess I'll just be playing arcane again despite preparing to switch to fire.

If they don't want us to get better with gear they may as well just come out and say it.

Blizzard have been completely and utterly brain dead when it comes to mages all throughout this expansion. It's getting downright annoying already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnicton View Post
    It's like they can't figure out what the hell they want to do with this. They keep scaling it back every time the player base crawls up the item levels.

If you have to nerf it every time mages get access to better gear, just remove it and put in something that scales better.
    this post reminds me of my warrior through wrath and cata. i smiled lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joshythemage View Post
    Blizzard have been completely and utterly brain dead when it comes to mages all throughout this expansion. It's getting downright annoying already.
    GC specifically said that they can and do test specs with stupid high gear levels, there's no excuse for this shit.

Still nothing about Spriest, don't know what i'm hoping for...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    A dev that has a clue.

GC when are you going to talk more about fixing Shadow priest kinda feeling under loved

So what about those poor mages who cant get gear, where are they going to sit on the so called standings? I will tell you where at the bottom. Mages will almost be at the state they where in BC, food vendors with an int buff for the raid and sat outside a raid instance to rebuff after a wipe....

Quote Originally Posted by Joshythemage View Post
    Oh, poor thing... You're not stupidly OP anymore? Go blog about it you little bitch.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-28 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    I've given up, this shit looks about as hopeless as the epic boredom which will comence for the next patch when playing disc... no crits [yush!]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    I've given up, this shit looks about as hopeless as the epic boredom which will comence for the next patch when playing disc... no crits [yush!]
    Shadowform now increases the Priest's Shadow damage by 25% (was 20%).

This was in the notes the other day. Looks like a little love to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Oh, poor thing... You're not stupidly OP anymore? Go blog about it you little bitch.
    Lol, except fire wasn't OP at all since the nerf back at the start of 5.1. On live it's middle to high/middle of the pack when you get lucky with crits. All this is going to do is make it harder for new level 90 mages and those not in full BiS gear to play the spec effectively. They might as well just scrap the talent completely at this rate and just think of a better way to help fire play effectively without something like this that scales too strongly at high gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    It's actually not about being OP! Surprise! It's that mages were OP by poor design and instead of fixing the problem they're turning a dial instead of addressing fundamental spec problems. Amazing what happens when you aren't in a dick-measuring contest about who can have less complaints.