Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    In 5.2 GC killed a mages- fire is garbage arcane is garbage frost is average so they want us to reroll a warlock!

Quote Originally Posted by kirit0 View Post
    In 5.2 GC killed a mages- fire is garbage arcane is garbage frost is average so they want us to reroll a warlock!
    dont worry with blizzards track record all 3 mage specs will be overpowered in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to nerf it every time mages get access to better gear, just remove it and put in something that scales better.
    It's mathematically impossible to create perfect scaling for every ability with multiple stats and various bossfight-types factored in.
    Stupid whining like this is one of the reasons Blizzard hesitates to give SPriest decent haste scaling. They are aware that scaling too well and thus being nerfed every tier tends to create more drama than scaling poorly and being buffed each tier.

Seems weird that Oondasta's loot is only 522. Not sure what I was expecting, but I've heard that the boss is (and is intended to be) immensely hard to kill. Guess I thought it might drop a little better loot than just normal ToT -- I dunno, maybe normal-Thunderforged ilvl or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Seems weird that Oondasta's loot is only 522. Not sure what I was expecting, but I've heard that the boss is (and is intended to be) immensely hard to kill. Guess I thought it might drop a little better loot than just normal ToT -- I dunno, maybe normal-Thunderforged ilvl or something.
    or Blizzard is full of it, I don't see how a world boss can get away with being that difficult...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Why are you always complaining?
    You know your class is OP when you think it's ok as it is. Seriously, complaining about disc / arcane / lock(yes, all of the specs) means that you are the clueless one, not GC.

And, on a side note, I don't think a complete spec redesign in the middle of the expansion (that many of you are suggesting for arcane mages) is the right way to go: It requires a lot of tuning and you can't foresee how it works without a huge playerbase to test it.
    And you're one of the people who is probably complaining about these classes being "OP", because you're class (I'll assume a rogue or paladin) isn't on top of the charts currently in any category.

One of the nerfs to the warlocks isn't because it makes them "OP". They are nerfing GoS because a warlock is "suppose" to use a pet. So they are wanting to nerf that talent to make it on par with the other 2, instead of trying to buff the other 2 to make them on par with GoS. I can't remember what post, or who posted it, but a warlock should be able to sacrifice a pet. Warlocks are masters of dark magic, and "don't care" about the pet they use and are glad to sacrifice it because it will make them "stronger". Warlocks are not hunters, and shouldn't have to have a pet if they don't want one.

"They are nerfing GoS because a warlock is "suppose" to use a pet."

Just another example of "You'll play how we say and you'll like it" mentality that the current development team has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    or Blizzard is full of it, I don't see how a world boss can get away with being that difficult...
    If my classic wow memories are holding up i would claim Lord kazzak did it well.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    "They are nerfing GoS because a warlock is "suppose" to use a pet."

Just another example of "You'll play how we say and you'll like it" mentality that the current development team has.
    No one is forcing you to use a pet, you just choose to play the most optimal spec.

That's how it's always been. People just didn't care as much in the past when what they were playing profoundly sucked.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I have a feeling Oondasta will be nerfed before it goes live. It really isn't going to work with the mechanics it has, and the fact that the other boss can reward you with *tier* pieces which are better pieces, I don't see many people giving a crap about this boss if it remains hard. The types of guilds that can kill this boss are going to have no need for 522 pieces that aren't even very good after the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Why are you always complaining?
    You know your class is OP when you think it's ok as it is. Seriously, complaining about disc / arcane / lock(yes, all of the specs) means that you are the clueless one, not GC.

And, on a side note, I don't think a complete spec redesign in the middle of the expansion (that many of you are suggesting for arcane mages) is the right way to go: It requires a lot of tuning and you can't foresee how it works without a huge playerbase to test it.
    Me? Clueless? What are you talking about? Pet sacrificing is nothing new, AT ALL. We had it in vanilla, had it in BC --> In fact it was the optimal spec for raiding, sacrificing our succubus for awesome SB damage. Pet use really hit the field around LK and Cata. Blizz gave us the option again and AGAIN they failed how to properly balance it. Whose fault is that? Am I the one that designed it? Did I think that it would be a good idea? Hell no, it was GC and his team of fails. I don't care about affliction and demo, I play to be top dps (and usually am as of now) but even in 5.2 I'm not, I'll still be destro. Why? Because it's awesome. You tell me what it's like to crit for over 400k, 500k. It's amazing, unlike anything.

Then take it away. How will that make you feel? It's blizzards constant bait and switch. This all began in BC and xfered over to Lich King with that ridiculous conflag buff that they hotfixed OVERNIGHT. When locks get some good, even great, it's always short lived. Warlocks are NOT a pet class, we are a minion using class. We are not centered around pets like hunters are. We used to be when our pets had spells that worked with our spells and spec, but that is not the case anymore. I don't want a pet because blizzard doesn't know how to create fights appropriate for my pet to path, attack, move, survive and dps, optimally. If they gave locks the type of customization to a degree hunters get, I'd be happy, but that's not going to happen.

I'm not clueless, no warlock is. Open your eyes and figure out what's happening instead of spewing nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    And you're one of the people who is probably complaining about these classes being "OP", because you're class (I'll assume a rogue or paladin) isn't on top of the charts currently in any category.

One of the nerfs to the warlocks isn't because it makes them "OP". They are nerfing GoS because a warlock is "suppose" to use a pet. So they are wanting to nerf that talent to make it on par with the other 2, instead of trying to buff the other 2 to make them on par with GoS. I can't remember what post, or who posted it, but a warlock should be able to sacrifice a pet. Warlocks are masters of dark magic, and "don't care" about the pet they use and are glad to sacrifice it because it will make them "stronger". Warlocks are not hunters, and shouldn't have to have a pet if they don't want one.
    Guess what? My main is a priest, I started raiding as holy and it's pretty good. Then switched to discipline without a clue on how it worked, only to find out that's just insane... and I only raid 10m.
    They ARE op. I don't care about the single mechanincs, if a class is broken they must fix it somehow.
    Last edited by mmoc65ba707d63; 2013-03-01 at 12:13 AM.

(Taken from a 5.2 warlock discussion thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    It's easy to get caught up in the numbers surrounding the Sac nerf, and it's a legitimate issue, but there are other things about this that are concerning as well.

My problem with the way the talent is being treated is this:

---Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    "If anything, this talent should be rare."
    from:us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861?page=33#648

In Ghostcrawler's world, Sacrifice is a talent that is supposed to be legitimately bad to take.

I very much doubt that the latest round of nerfs are any way of really trying to balance anything---They're an attempt to make the class fit his own conception of what Warlocks are supposed to be.

The end goal isn't to make the three tiers roughly balanced in terms of DPS tuning. It apparently isn't even to make the three tiers roughly balanced in terms of popularity. Unfortunately, if you're a fan of Sacrifice [even] on a conceptual level, Ghostcrawler doesn't think you're playing the class correctly.
    ^This!
    Last edited by Shemhezai; 2013-03-01 at 02:29 AM.

rofl fire was already nerfed to shit and they nerfed it AGAIN? holy crap on a crap cracker someone has a HUGE vendetta over fire in WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by Eleveneleven View Post
    rofl fire was already nerfed to shit and they nerfed it AGAIN? holy crap on a crap cracker someone has a HUGE vendetta over fire in WotLK

Rejoice! they rerverted the Critical Mass Nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukitama View Post
    Rejoice! they rerverted the Critical Mass Nerf.
    In exchange for a Pyro nerf. Any nerf at all is mind boggling.

why are all these 522 items showing upgradability? i thought that was being taken away in 5.2 -- or is it using some other kind of currency besides VP?