Prot Paladin Solo'ing Fathom Lord (SSC) Question.

currently attempting to solo this boss, however i'm getting hit with Cataclysmic Bolt for 200k plus, which at lvl70 your entire raid combined probably didn't have the health that my paladin has now. am i missing something? I managed to kill the healer, but that Bolt is destroying me.

Cataclysmic Bolt: Targets random mana user, deals 50% of target's max HP in shadow damage (increased by The Beast Within), a brief knockdown and a stun. Resistible binary spell. 6 second cooldown. Targets only players with mana bars.

Seems you're SoL. IDK how you would avoid it...

erg thanks for the reply.

Roll Warrior? :P Other than that according to wowwiki it doesn't seem avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalistic View Post
    currently attempting to solo this boss, however i'm getting hit with Cataclysmic Bolt for 200k plus, which at lvl70 your entire raid combined probably didn't have the health that my paladin has now. am i missing something? I managed to kill the healer, but that Bolt is destroying me.
    Pop some defensive cds and burn him 1st maybe? Pretty damn sure I did him solo a number of times as a ret about half a year ago, dont really remember doing anything super special, apart from popping defensive and offensive cds.

You need to kill all of his adds before you DPS the actual boss IIRC.
    If you DPS the boss lower than 75% health while he still has adds upp he starts spamming that thing, it's to prevent zergs =)

If you bring Karathress to 75% health while any of his guards are still alive, then he gains Blessing of the Tides PER guard still alive.
    Last edited by Senka; 2013-02-28 at 07:32 AM.

I've just spent the last 15 minutes writing an elaborate strategy involving the use of most of your cds, but then I figured that personally, I would never bother implementing it just to solo FLK. Therefore, screw it. Bring a warrior buddy along.

Deleted
    Just go retri and zerg them all, soloed back in 80s before MoP was released.

bumpddddddd

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 04:04 PM ----------

bumpddddddda

Deleted
    All you need is enough dps and maybe a second target for him. I soloed him as mage 3 times. Just pop all cds and killed him as fast as possible. I died the first time at 5% life of him. With enough gear it shouldnt be a problem.