Changing Faction, which race to pick (Horde)

Good morning fellow warlocks, as the title says i'm changing factions, i've been an ally for all of my wow life but the lack of good guilds on my server and disband of my previous one made this choice so i'm going to the horde and another server, the thing is that i don't know which race to pick, the choice is between orc and troll. I know both have awesome racials but giving the fact that some of the bosses in the 5.2 are going to be beasts i was thinking troll. If anyone here thinks different, please let me know i'm looking forward to your advices.

10+ Year Old Account
    The beasts are mostly in the early part of the instance. So you'll get a boost there compared to Orc, but then for the rest of the instance, and for every instance thereafter (unless you race change again) you'll be stuck with Troll while Orc is most likely better. I don't expect many Beast bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

In short, I'd go Orc, unless Troll just really is your thing OR if you don't mind race changing again to Orc at a later date if you want the best of the best.

Heroic horridon and tortos will be the dps blocks in progression. Go troll or go home.

Deleted
    Never thought the troll racial would apply to bosses - really ?! That's a bit mental. 5% extra damage in kinda huge.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Troll will be great on those fights, but Orc racials will be quite strong in 5.2 given that:
    1) we will be using pets again across all specs and Orc gives 2% extra pet damage
    2) once t-14 bonus is gone, the orc racial will line up perfectly with Dark Soul again making for a potent cool down combination.

On the other hand, having a personal blood lust on a 3 minute cool down makes Troll pretty spectacular as well.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go troll for 5.2 but knowing ghostcrawler he'll probably end up nerfing beast slaying. Alliance players will QQ and then the nerf will come
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2013-03-01 at 07:40 AM.

Both have their racial advantages, as mentioned, so I would say pick whichever you like the look of (if either).

Quote Originally Posted by elucidate View Post
    I would go troll for 5.2 but knowing ghostcrawler he'll probably end up nerfing beast slaying. Alliance players will QQ and then the nerf will come
    There was a tweet where he said that the racial wouldn't matter that much because Beast Bosses are early Bosses.

Personally i think that's bogus but i'm waiting until patch with Race change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll for 5.2, assuming beast slaying stays as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just switched from Orc to Undead because, well, Orcs look like shit in cloth armor imo. Plus the Touch of the Grave racial given to undead is not a bad choice for DoT classes. I notice it does about 1% of my DPS during a normal length (6 minutes or so) boss fight.

Doesn't Troll sim higher for Affliction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead is the superior race! Best evil laugh, undead horses, can leech life, and we can eat people! Which is my favorite. Also a cool dance.

Only downside is we don't have knees or elbows.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-03-02 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    Orc. Huge shoulders, cool casting animations. All racials are lovely. What's there not to love?

forsaken

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Going pve I'd pick orc. Pvp forsaken.