Deleted

Are the Crystallized gems free in 5.2?

I was sure I read it somewhere, but there's nothing in the Patch Notes about it. It sounds childish but i'm starting to question Blizzard's decisions after saying "don't worry, it will be easy to get another gem", but sorry, I have just enough time to raid, I can't afford 9000gold. I only raid.

If they aren't free in 5.2 i'll be extremely disappointed.

Why would you even need one from 5.2 onwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    I was sure I read it somewhere, but there's nothing in the Patch Notes about it. It sounds childish but i'm starting to question Blizzard's decisions after saying "don't worry, it will be easy to get another gem", but sorry, I have just enough time to raid, I can't afford 9000gold. I only raid.

I highly doubt they will be free. However, there are no sha touched weapons next patch so you won't need them. The extra socket is only about 2k gold and can be added to the new 5.2 weapons but Sha gems cannot. The new weapons will be better as well so yeah, no reason to worry about it since they won't be used.

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    Interesting username/attitude.

Stat gains? They're currently saying no more sha touched slots, but it wouldn't surprise me if the final tier saw them return. The again, it'll be free legendaries for all by then by the sound of it.

This is the more important question. No new sha-touched weapons means no need for a new gem.

And in answer to your question, no they are not free (beyond the first one you get) as far as I know. At most I could see them costing less. But not free.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    I'm already disappointed that they aren't free to replace, infact it's not even a replacement. I changed spec from Resto to Enhancement Shaman mid-way because I joined the top guild on the realm. But why should I assume that I get an upgrade on day 1 of raiding? We have 2 Windwalker Monks and 2 rogues as well.

Was in reply to first poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    The again, it'll be free legendaries for all by then by the sound of it.
    Just as free as any previous legendaries have been. Pick up a quest line and grind monotonous crap. Done.

This one is actually harder than the previous ones because you have to stick with it for an entire expansion to have any of the rewards in the end.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    This one is actually harder than the previous ones because you have to stick with it for an entire expansion to have any of the rewards in the end.
    And considering this one is meant to be usable by anyone, that actually sounds better than just something only a few classes (Or a single one like DS!) can even use that it is obtained in a single patch cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    And considering this one is meant to be usable by anyone, that actually sounds better than just something only a few classes (Or a single one like DS!) can even use that it is obtained in a single patch cycle.
    But it's not even really a legendary, it's basically just a long quest chain that everyone can do.

I'm assuming for the last patch there will be a funneling quest that restricts who can finish it, and grant a weapon, but for now... it's just something progression guilds have to do -_-

Extra Sha gems can be purchased from the Black Prince quartermaster near Wrathion for 10k pre-discount. However, there won't be a point to buying extras for 5.2 since the new weapons won't use them. The quartermaster also sells the Eye of the Black Prince for 2500 gold pre-discount, which is usable with the Throne of Thunder weapons.

Deleted
    lmao, dat username

Not to sure myself idk why you would need them

Yeah, Blizzard never said "don't worry, it'll be easy to get another gem." Pretty sure it was more along the lines of "You will be able to get another gem but it might take some effort".

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    But it's not even really a legendary, it's basically just a long quest chain that everyone can do.

I'm assuming for the last patch there will be a funneling quest that restricts who can finish it, and grant a weapon, but for now... it's just something progression guilds have to do -_-
    Right...real legendaries like Dragonwrath where it was like a long quest chain and you had to be skilled to have rolled a DPS caster at the time to do; or the daggers where you had to be skilled to have rerolled a rogue in time to be able to do...
    How good were the T1/T2 staves and daggers? None of these weapons are legendaries...YET

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Not really... I wouldn't be at all surprised if the buff to LFR drops also sees the legendary items dropping faster. I imagine new players will be at a time disadvantage come the final tier, but still be able to gain the weapons within it. Otherwise giving everyone legendaries come the final tier is kinda stupid. Generally the whole point is the benefits of starting the tier with the BiS weapon. In this case, the BiS weapon will be used on farm content by many, and be useless for the next tier due to expansion stat inflation. Even worse if the "legendaries" are LFR, normal and heroic level... Maybe even a heroic elite. Then most people's legendary won't even be BiS. Might as well just make them an epic proc weapon.

Siege of Orgrimmar raid will have sha-touched weapons in it most likely. GC did say in a twitter response once that "No, the legendary gems will not be usable in 5.2 weapons. But, don't throw them out just yet. You never know when they can come back into style." Also, in one of the recent interviews they had on the mmo front page said "the 7th sha will be revealed" meaning more sha weapons in 5.4. It's very likely the legendary weapons we obtain at the end of the legendary questline will be sha-touched weapons with a sha-touched gem slot in them.