Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cataclysm Professions Overview

Here's an updated list of endgame bonuses from professions for Cataclysm. If you see anything missing please add! Some of the things are also taken from the previous list from WotLK compiled by Eilt here - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sions-Overview - some of the bonuses such as the engineering perks may still be useful in cataclysm.

If you are looking for full profession lists you can see Boubouille's excellent front page article here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...une-MMO-Report

Tailoring

Cloak Enchants:

• Lightweave Embroidery - Embroiders a subtle pattern of light into your cloak, giving you a chance to increase your spell power by 580 for 15 sec when casting a spell.
    • Darkglow Embroidery - Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, giving you a chance to restore 800 mana when you cast a spell.
    • Swordguard Embroidery - Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee and ranged attacks to sometimes increase your attack power by 1000 for 15 sec.

Leg Enchants: same stats as the boe leg enchants but greatly reduced costs and available at lower skill level

Alchemy

Mixology - allows you to receive double durations on flask as well as a bonus to stats, this is now gained at skill 1 and comes automatically when you learn Alchemy. However, the in game tool tips state "You recieve and increased effect and duration when you drink any elixir or flask you are able to make" therefore this automatic ability is only applicable to items that you have the required skill level yourself to make.

Trinket: there are four Alchemy specific trinkets available in Cataclysm, Lifebound Alchemist Stone, Quicksilver Alchemist Stone, Vibrant Alchemist Stone, Volatile Alchemist Stone

You may only wear one of the four.

Blacksmithing

Socket Bracer and Socket Gloves provide you with the stats of two extra gems.

Enchanting

Ring Enchants:

Shoulder Enchants:

Jewelcrafting

Allows 3 JC only gems to be socketed into a gear set.

Red Gems:

Yellow Gems:

Blue Gems:

Trinkets: There are 5 entry level JC only trinkets

Leatherworking

Bracer Enchants:

Leg Enchants:
    same stats as the boe leg enchants but greatly reduced costs and available at lower skill level

• Dragonbone Leg Reinforcements - Permanently attach dragonbone leg reinforcements onto your pants, increasing attack power by 190 and critical strike rating by 55.
    • Charscale Leg Reinforcements - Permanently attach charscale reinforcements onto your pants, increasing Stamina by 145 and Agility by 55.

Engineering

Engineering Gems: An addition for Cataclysm are Engineering Gems (Cogwheels) which ONLY currently have sockets in Engineering Helms.

Helms:
    Engineers can craft the following engineer-only helms.

Gloves:

• Synapse Springs - Permanently attaches synapse springs to a pair of gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to increase their prmary stat by 480 for 12 sec. The gloves can only be activated every minute.
    • Quickflip Deflection Plates - Permanently attaches quickflip deflection plates onto gloves, allowing you to increase your armor by 1500 for 12 sec. Gloves can only be activated once every minute.
    • Tazik Shocker - Permanently attaches a tazik shocker to your gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to deal 4320 to 5280 Nature damage to an enemy at long range. The shocker can only be used once every 2 min.
    • Spinal Healing Injector - Permanently attaches a specialized injector kit to your gloves, allowing you to inject a Mythical Healing Potion directly into your bloodstream for increased effect.
    • Z50 Mana Gulper - Permanently attaches a specialized grip to your gloves, allowing you to power-drink a Mythical Mana Potion for increased effect.

You can now place a regular enchant on gloves, in addition to the tinker.

Belt:

• Grounded Plasma Shield - Permanently attaches grounded plasma generators to your belt, allowing you to activate a powerful shield that absorbs 16200 to 19800 damage.
    • Invisibility Field - Permanently attaches thousands of tiny mirrors to your belt, allowing you to turn invisible while out of combat. Can be activated once every 5 min.
    • Cardboard Assassin - Permanently attaches a tiny device on your belt, allowing you to create a Cardboard Assassin that enemies will attack. Lasts 15 sec. Can be used once every 5 min.

Skinning

Master of Anatomy - Skinning all those dead animals has broadened your anatomical knowledge, increasing your critical strike rating by 80

Mining

Toughness - All your hard work spent mining has made you exceptionally tough, increasing your Stamina by 120.

Herbalism

Lifeblood - Uses your skill in Herbalism to absorb energy and nutrients from the earth, instantly healing minor wounds and granting 480 haste rating for 20 sec. Can be used while stealthed or invisible. Instant.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-08-21 at 08:13 AM.

Very helpful thanks.

Has this thread been updated with new data, now that the Cataclysm is out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Has this thread been updated with new data, now that the Cataclysm is out?
    As far as I'm aware it's all up to date with live content but if you see anything that's changed let me know

Deleted
    helpfull ty

Thanks for the helpful post

I found one of the best profession resources on the web. and no this isnt an advertisement for them its just that they saved me soooooooo much gold while lvling up my professions that i told most of my guildies about it.

www.wow-professions.com

It does have some paid for things like their gold guides and their 1-85 guides, but their profession leveling guides are the BEST. Ive saved at least 15k gold while lvling my professions.

Ive currently got alchemy/engineering on my main(total cost was 7k gold for both)
    Enchanting, blacksmithing, inscription, all of these up to 500 or over for about 10k gold total

It also shows the best routes/ways/areas to lvl up gathering professions, and there is even a leather farming guide

I hope you guys will use this resource as much as i have.
    Last edited by Iamtheway; 2011-03-25 at 06:15 PM.

Thank you for this post.

Deleted
    Whats the most Profitable profession in 4.1

hellow i am new one please help me in this matter to talk about this topic.

Deleted
    The Engineering glove tinker Synapse Springs will now boost your highest stat out of Agility, Intellect or Strength by 480 for 10 secs, so ignore the tooltip for now.

Edit: Can also place regular enchant on gloves as well as the tinker.
    Last edited by mmocbad9ea5194; 2011-04-12 at 08:03 AM.

Your post says there's only the Lifebound Alchemist Stone (+308 Stamina) but there are STR/AGI/INT version now too.

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.

Hey there,this is Frankyh,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here

You need to update info about Synapse Springs from Engineering - they now give your highest stat (strength, intel or agility) - making it useful for all classes.

Thanks for all the info

Deleted
    Didn't realise this hadn't been updated, but I just updated the information about synapse springs + glove enchants and the additional alchemist stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Engineering

Engineering Gems: An addition for Cataclysm are Engineering Gems (Cogwheels) which ONLY currently have sockets in Engineering Helms.

Helms:
    Engineers can craft the following engineer-only helms.
    I have never had any Engineering Professions yet and looking @ the Cogwheel Gems meant for Helm only, there is not +208 Intellect version? So What does Mage/Lock pure caster dps class use? +208 Haste or +208 Crit?

What's the current best 2 combination for a Mage/Lock regardless of levelling cost? Tailoring and? Enchanting/Alchemist?
    Last edited by Bracketril; 2012-02-13 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome ty very helpful

Deleted
    very helpful thanks very much

Anyone know what level do we have to be to learn mop skills?