3's Warrior/Mage/Healer 5.2?

I know Warrior is getting some decent nerfs, which is good ofc, but will this comp actually be viable in 5.2? We aren't aiming for something really high just 2.2k or something like that.

Should I as a healer play Shaman or Hpala for this comp?

Warrior/Mage/Druid is the comp that most people would play with for the added control

Shock wave > Triple cyclone > triple sheep > pom ring (for hitting multiple people) > deep > blanket silence = healer controlled for a long time.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    Warrior/Mage/Druid is the comp that most people would play with for the added control

Shock wave > Triple cyclone > triple sheep > pom ring (for hitting multiple people) > deep > blanket silence = healer controlled for a long time.
    Too bad I dont have a druid I guess I'll go for my pala then that I know best.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Too bad I don't have a druid I guess I'll go for my pala then that I know best.
    Paladin can CC chain also, anyway. Also, your warrior will thank you tons for Freedoms. I don't suggest Repentance for this team comp though, as I'm about 90% sure it DR's with Poly, but I'm not 100% sure as I don't play with a mage. Either way, Fist is still pretty damn good for adding onto CC chains.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Paladin can CC chain also, anyway. Also, your warrior will thank you tons for Freedoms. I don't suggest Repentance for this team comp though, as I'm about 90% sure it DR's with Poly, but I'm not 100% sure as I don't play with a mage. Either way, Fist is still pretty damn good for adding onto CC chains.
    Fist of Justice shares DR hardcore with Shockwave and Deep Freeze. If you run Fist of Justice, just make sure that you aren't DR'ing with anything. Repent sharing DR with Poly is fine, as you can CC multiple people for 8 seconds with a Poly and Repent on different targets. A Repent>HoJ>Blinding Light>Repent>Warrior Fear>Silence CC chain is better than anything you can possibly do with Fist of Justice. That's 32 seconds of straight CC on a target, the first 24 seconds being only CC from the Pally, allowing the mage to poly another target, and the warrior and mage to deal tons of damage to their kill target while it is chain-stunned with Deep/Shockwave. The hardest part about actually scoring a kill with this comp is getting the opposing healer to trinket something. Warrior/Mage doesn't really output enough consistent pressure to cause a trinket use from the healer against most comps. That is why I suggest Repent over FoJ. Longer CC chains=healer needing to trinket to keep their DPS alive. It's harder to set up perfectly because of the cast times on Repent, but if managed, it is usually game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    Fist of Justice shares DR hardcore with Shockwave and Deep Freeze. If you run Fist of Justice, just make sure that you aren't DR'ing with anything. Repent sharing DR with Poly is fine, as you can CC multiple people for 8 seconds with a Poly and Repent on different targets. A Repent>HoJ>Blinding Light>Repent>Warrior Fear>Silence CC chain is better than anything you can possibly do with Fist of Justice. That's 32 seconds of straight CC on a target, the first 24 seconds being only CC from the Pally, allowing the mage to poly another target, and the warrior and mage to deal tons of damage to their kill target while it is chain-stunned with Deep/Shockwave. The hardest part about actually scoring a kill with this comp is getting the opposing healer to trinket something. Warrior/Mage doesn't really output enough consistent pressure to cause a trinket use from the healer against most comps. That is why I suggest Repent over FoJ. Longer CC chains=healer needing to trinket to keep their DPS alive. It's harder to set up perfectly because of the cast times on Repent, but if managed, it is usually game over.
    Thank you very much. Last time I played Arenas was back in Cata and I got to 1950 as citty cleave so I would be very happy and satisifed if I just managed to get something like 2,2k with this comp.

I have a Shaman and Paladin but if some other healer would help alot I can for sure level a new one.
    Last edited by heltvild; 2013-03-01 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to be shaman, and even then I dont think it will be viable. Hoodrych was streaming some 5.2 War/Pally/Mage and it was terrible. You are better off having the warrior play something else next patch. Rogue or Spriest if you want an easy trip to high ratings.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    still very 2.2k viable. best caster + best melee + any healer can = 2200. recommended hpally.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arms / Frost / Hpal or Mistweaver or Rdruid is still going to be free 2200 in 5.2. Warrior nerfs are massive, but they're still probably going to leave warrior as the best melee overall (unless Windwalkers). Frost mages are the best casters, and they're not going to get nerfed (no significant nerfs anyways). The comp has more CC and burst than it can use - so nerfing Shockwave cooldown for example, or TfB - won't really change how well the comp CC chains, or bursts - because it wasn't relying on Shockwave for CC or TfB for burst to begin with.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    You people are out of your fucking minds or just plain ignorant. Go play on the PTR. It's 4.3 again, Warrior is not viable, it's not recommended, and if you play with one, its worse then playing with a rogue on Live right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/hoodrychx/b/372398270

There is hoodrych running the comp yesterday on PTR. Probably the best warrior in the world. That is what Warrior will be in 5.2; though much worse if you are not at his skill level.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You people are out of your fucking minds or just plain ignorant. Go play on the PTR. It's 4.3 again, Warrior is not viable, it's not recommended, and if you play with one, its worse then playing with a rogue on Live right now.

There is hoodrych running the comp yesterday on PTR. Probably the best warrior in the world. That is what Warrior will be in 5.2; though much worse if you are not at his skill level.
    So not sure if you linked the right thing. I watched some of his games, and he's playing FURY and WINNING,even against what people are claiming is OMG OP THUGCLEAAAAAAVE. Heaven forbid a warrior actually loses some arena games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    So not sure if you linked the right thing. I watched some of his games, and he's playing FURY and WINNING,even against what people are claiming is OMG OP THUGCLEAAAAAAVE. Heaven forbid a warrior actually loses some arena games.
    Wait arent you that guy who thinks berserker rage breaks blind. Just another warrior hater spreading misinformation. But dont worry GC doesnt learn from his mistakes, or bothers to correct them, you will still be carried by overpowered rogues next season no matter what we post on this forum.

Might also see them lose most games, and hear the very good commentary on the state of warrior damage after the changes. He's fury because the gimmicky Bladestorm with both weapons damage is the only thing warrior really has going for it.

But again, dont worry GC has scrubs like you covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

SMF fury....? lol ya best in the world >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Arms / Frost / Hpal or Mistweaver or Rdruid is still going to be free 2200 in 5.2. Warrior nerfs are massive, but they're still probably going to leave warrior as the best melee overall (unless Windwalkers). Frost mages are the best casters, and they're not going to get nerfed (no significant nerfs anyways). The comp has more CC and burst than it can use - so nerfing Shockwave cooldown for example, or TfB - won't really change how well the comp CC chains, or bursts - because it wasn't relying on Shockwave for CC or TfB for burst to begin with.
    I always knew you were biased, but this is just hilarious. We have a shadow priest player who's biased as fuck. A warrior player (Korgoth) who's biased as fuck. Great information, guys.

The answer, OP, is that there is no real consensus on warriors so far; however, the warrior nerfs are pretty big. I'm personally having second thoughts on playing warrior next patch..but I'm waiting to see what happens.

I'd probably vote Shaman for the better healer for this comp. It all depends on what the most popular comps are though. If spellcleaves are more popular Shaman will be better, if meleecleaves are more popular Hpala will be better.

Warrior/Mage wins on massive burst so don't worry about massive CC chains. A single poly or fear will win the game.

Deleted
    Holy paladin or druid. Next patch DKs and rogues become really strong so Shaman loses out.

Unholy DK and rogues say hi.

Warriors are nerfed to the ground
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    I always knew you were biased, but this is just hilarious. We have a shadow priest player who's biased as fuck. A warrior player (Korgoth) who's biased as fuck. Great information, guys.

The answer, OP, is that there is no real consensus on warriors so far; however, the warrior nerfs are pretty big. I'm personally having second thoughts on playing warrior next patch..but I'm waiting to see what happens.
    Warrior was my main before my Spriest, I was gladiator on my warrior in s1/2 (spriest from s3->present) - if anything I'm usually sympathetic to warriors. If I come across as hard on warriors lately it's because I've spent the entire last season "Can't Do That While Stunned" - playing a class with one 30 second fear, while getting trained by a class with a 30 second fear break.

Warrior rep this season is more out of balance than DK's in Season 5 (actually), it's the least balanced season ever: because of warriors. See if you can spot the pattern (hint, look at the first column). They are definitely NOT broken (as Korgoth keeps saying), and while Unholy DKs are certainly on the rise - Unholy is going to end up still supporting Warriors in TSG: warriors are still the star of that comp. Warrior/WW/Healer is also entirely gladiator capable (WW also supporting the Warrior), as is Warrior/Fmage/Healer.

On the PTR they're certainly not what they are on Live - but compare to other melee - only Unholy and WW can even compare (not Rogues or Rets or Enh or even Feral). Unholy and WW aren't generally the stars of their comps, its their partners performance that often decides wins/losses - they aren't generally the ones to die first, or the ones to score kills, they aren't CC-machines, they set up kills and create pressure for their teammate to combo.

If Warriors are Kobe Bryant (most points) - Unholy and WW are Steve Nash (most assists) - the only other 'star' melee next season are going to be Rogues: and I don't think Rogues are buffed enough (or warriors nerfed enough) that I'm ready to call Rogues as being better than Warriors on the PTR.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-03-03 at 02:03 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    What you described wouldn't work on any team with a competent Shadow Priest on it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 12:39 AM ----------

On the PTR they're certainly not what they are on Live - but compare to other melee - only Unholy and WW can even compare (not Rogues or Rets or Enh or even Feral).
    You're totally wrong about Feral. The pressure they do with their damage on the PTR is insane.