Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Hi Eveyone,

You're friendly sleep deprived IT Manager here.

I've been working with several of you over the course of the last few days to try to identify some rhyme and reason to the issues that we've had reported. It's led us to a few interesting discoveries, but first I want to thank you all for helping us identify the issues. They've been a real challenge to identify, and so far we've actually found at least three causes.

As of tonight at about 2:00 AM CST (GMT -6) we've implemented fixes for two of the three issues we've identified. I'm hopeful that this will alleviate many of the issues, and we have another fix scheduled to deploy by next Tuesday or so that will further improve the response times some of you have seen.

These are not guaranteed to fix everyones issues though. If I've found three causes over the last four days I don't see why there can't be three more (by the gods I hope I'm wrong, I need more sleep!). If you continue to experience issues with timeouts happening for a few seconds or minutes at a time please drop a note here. The info I need the most when identifying the issues are:

* Your IP on the Internet (www.whatismyip.com if you're unsure)
    * What site or sites you where trying to access
    * The timeframe of the issues, including timezone or GMT offset
    * Trace routes
    * Whether you're behind a large NAT, like a college, large office building, or a ipv6 to ipv4 tunnel (if you don't know what I'm talking about just answer as best you can, I'm sleep deprived and need your help!)

If you're not comfortable providing all this information publicly please send me a PM, or have one of the moderators help put us in contact over IRC, Email and or Skype.

Thanks again for all the help and here's hoping things are at least partially fixed.

Works great again for me(Netherlands) keep up the great work and get some sleep

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you did, you fixed it for me. It's almost working better than before now.

Same here, no issues at all today so your fix seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Please let me know if there's any more issues.

Deleted
    MMO-champion always loads with some hiccups for me. My browsers freeze at times. and i get time-outs during the rush hours.
    I tried chrome, mozzila and IE. It did not occur that much on chrome, but mozzila once stopped working. IE, i never touch that one anymore

tl;dr: loads slow, with hiccups/freezes.
    and to be very honest, It started during the fresh Curse era. Don't know if you guys know why...
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2013-03-06 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it loads very slow for me, and sometimes even takes too long to respond and is canceled.

I believe the slow load issues are unrelated to the timeouts we've seen. We have some work scheduled for Saturday morning that I think might help it for some people.

Could I get you two to post trace rotues today and new ones after the work Saturday? It'd be a great help for me to continue to diagnose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelten View Post
    I believe the slow load issues are unrelated to the timeouts we've seen. We have some work scheduled for Saturday morning that I think might help it for some people.

Could I get you two to post trace rotues today and new ones after the work Saturday? It'd be a great help for me to continue to diagnose.
    I started the thread and didn't realize it was moved so I didn't actually notice how much attention it had gotten (could we get an automated PM when a topic is moved by the way?) either way I appreciate whatever it was you did because I haven't seen the issue happening for a while now, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    (could we get an automated PM when a topic is moved by the way?)
    Don't think this is possible at this time, but a good suggestion for Suggestions and Feedback! Either way, I did leave a permanent redirect, and you can find your subscribed threads in http://mmo-champion.com/usercp.php for now, so you can see which threads have gotten replies since you last checked! (this can be disabled in settings, though I find it useful to keep)