Thread: Cloud Nine

10+ Year Old Account

Cloud Nine

Not 100% where to to post this. It's a achievement, but a PvP one. So if this is the wrong spot, my bad.

I have been diligently trying to get the achievement Cloud Nine since khan was announced and can barely get 5 flag returns on a good match, not because of team mates 'stealing' my returns more so because of the opposite faction just doesn't pick up the flag enough before the game ends. I have attempted to Queue with my girlfriend (her being on a opposite faction character) a couple times to 'cheese' this achievement but have always failed to end up in the same twin peaks as her.

So I have come to ask for advice, am I missing a easier way to pull this off? and if not would I have just have better luck keep doing random to find 'that guy' that's crazy/stupid enough to flag run solo enough times for the achievement, or would I have a better chance in ending up as the same twin peaks in a both faction queue?

Not sure if this works or not anymore, but you could cheese this during Cata by not hitting the Leave Battleground button after the battle ends. The counter would only reset if you hit the button; otherwise if you just let it kick you out due to the instance timing out, the counter doesn't reset.

- Enter TP
    - Play as normal, get as many caps as you can
    - Just go afk or something after the battle ends (that way you don't accidently hit the leave button)
    - Requeue and repeat until achieve complete

Tried this last night actually. Just got 5 of us to go and hoped we got bad teammates and tryhard opposition. One of our 5 would grab/hold flag and rest of us would train down the opposition.

Sadly, closest I got was 6, because a few things happen each time:
    1) Tryhard teammates (even after asking politely to let us do achiv) would steal cap if EFC killed at range/I was ccd/feared (which was a lot, as a Retpal).
    2) Enemy team gave up trying to get the flag
    3) Enemy team ended up getting GY camped by our randoms
    4) Time runs out

I mean, I don't mind the wins, but it was quite frustrating.

Keep in mind that cap's count too. So I'd suggest getting a friend to hold it while you chalk up returns, then allowing you to cap it 3x so all you need is 6 total returns before time is out.

GL, I'll be back at it this weekend myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Not sure if this works or not anymore, but you could cheese this during Cata by not hitting the Leave Battleground button after the battle ends. The counter would only reset if you hit the button; otherwise if you just let it kick you out due to the instance timing out, the counter doesn't reset.

- Enter TP
    - Just go afk or something after the battle ends (that way you don't accidently hit the leave button)
    Or, if this works, it's stupid easy to get haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

We did this once as 10man premade.
    Should be possible with 5 man.

You can try to gather some 5man premades of both factions and queue at the same time. You should do this very early in the morning.

Also there is the possibility to open 2 rbg groups and queue at the same time (also early in the morning) and join only when the button pops up the same time for both. Although I'm not sure it's allowed; it's very close to wintrading.

Deleted
    i did 8 legit returns several times with rogue with legendaries in cata. after that horde where on to me and just danced on the flag refusing it pick it up the faggots.

Lol really calling people faggots? Isn't that a little harsh? Relax seriously, that's uncalled for. What they did was pretty low too seeing as you were one away... but watch it.

- Enter TP
    this is how i did it, get as many returns as you can, before the end i just alt+f4, wait 3 minutes, log back in, repeat until 9 returns.

i have 18900 points, but refused to do this legit....let the enemy take the flag 6-9 times = a good thing? basically play like shit for an achi, and hope your own team mates dont fuck you over returning the flag, or capping the flag...nah thats just stupid an unrealistic, i have helped people do this legit though.

10+ Year Old Account

- Enter TP
    Just tested this and this does not work anymore. upon leaving the twinpeaks zone it resets the counter reguardless of hitting the leave button or not. So much for making this easier, back to looking for 'that guy' I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    Just tested this and this does not work anymore. upon leaving the twinpeaks zone it resets the counter reguardless of hitting the leave button or not. So much for making this easier, back to looking for 'that guy' I guess
    You have the ALT + F4 for 3 mins