Thread: Headsets...

Headsets...

Hey guys. I'm needing a new headset, so I turn to you guys. Before I say anything, I have little to any knowledge about headsets. The one I bought previous was a literal $12 headset at Target, about 8 years ago. I am not doing streaming or anything, only looking to talk via Skype sometimes with my friends, mostly playing TF2 and perhaps WoW. I also listen to music (Rock and Dubstep, mostly, but all kinds of genres). Here's the thing, though. I don't know what a good headset costs. Can I expect to find a quality one sub-$40? I don't think I can justify more than that, and ideally I'd like $20 or under. But again, I know very, very little, and I don't know of pricing, either. So yeah...(needs a microphone as well, I assume mostly all do, just saying). I am not overly picky with audio quality; just want it to sound "good". What can I expect a "decent" headset to cost? What would a "great" one cost? Any insight as to what I should look for, or anything, would be much appreciated.

TL;DR = Need new headset. Know nothing about them, budget: sub-$40. Uses: TF2, WoW, Skype, music (no streaming / professional use, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Iced <3

Here's my personal favorites of ~$30-50 headphones

Logitech G330
    Corsair Vengeance 1100
    Tt eSports ShockSpin
    Tt eSports Shock Spin 2
    Tt eSports Shock Spin 3

I tried the Shock Spins & Vengeance 1100 at Dreamhack, they seemed decent for their price, own the G330 myself, using it when I'm on the computer for 6+ hours

Reason I'm favoring the Shock spins is because I've heard really good stuff about them, plus they're sponsoring South Korean players so they're able to make a living during a hard time.

Never tried, but looks decent:
    Rosewill Headset
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-10-08 at 11:39 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Hi Iced <3

Here's my personal favorites of ~$30-50 headphones

Logitech G330
    Hmm, that one looks good, but there seems to be a lot of reviews concerning it's longevity...

Is there something I should be looking for, specifically, when looking at headsets? Like, are there any pertinent specs I should be looking for, similar to how Monitors have resolution, refresh rate, etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really when it comes to sub $50 headphones, my G330 have been accidentally stomped on multiple times, no damage.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Not really when it comes to sub $50 headphones, my G330 have been accidentally stomped on multiple times, no damage.
    Hmm, okay. Do you think I could find these in a store near me? Like a Best Buy or something? I'd like to avoid online where possible (I hear great things about Newegg / Amazon, but I'd still like to avoid the hassle).

Also, other people's input would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure, I don't live in 'Merica so I'm not sure what kind of hardware/peripherals they sell. =/

Armory

As you say that you need a Headset to hear rock music.I would like to recommend you Aluratek ABH01F Headset will help you to chat with your friends, Easily switch between phone calls and music with the touch of a button and the price is also in your range as well as.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell51 View Post
    As you say that you need a Headset to hear rock music.I would like to recommend you Aluratek ABH01F Headset will help you to chat with your friends, Easily switch between phone calls and music with the touch of a button and the price is also in your range as well as.
    5 month bump? I appreciate the recommend, but I've gotten one already.

Ended up getting this one for Christmas, and I'm rather happy with it so far.

While the help is appreciated, please be mindful of post dates.

Closing this.