Blacksmithing in 5.2

I was wondering if someone can confirm the changes to Blacksmithing for me in 5.2?

I was reading the patch notes however, I guess I wasn't too sure regarding what they meant. The notes specify that those that have not levelled BS since tBC can catch up levelling via ghost iron ore. Now is it what it says or can you actually level up purely through ghost iron ore from level 1?

And how does the patterns work? I've read that you actually have to buy the patterns from a vendor in the Shrine. How expensive are said patterns?

Anything else I need to know before I drop Tailoring? I was hoping to get a head start before the patch went live.

Thanks.

Deleted
    You'll need 10.000 ores from 1 to 500 (or even 600?). Its just meant to fill the gaps you encounter during tbc and wotlk areas..

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/professi...aining+Project list of the training plans - they go from 1-500 consisting of various quantities of bars and skill points given, they are roughly 8g each, you must be 85+ and they will come from each factions BS trainers in their pandaria cities, it will start with a quest i bilieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/professi...aining+Project list of the training plans - they go from 1-500 consisting of various quantities of bars and skill points given, they are roughly 8g each, you must be 85+ and they will come from each factions BS trainers in their pandaria cities, it will start with a quest i bilieve.
    Thanks for the information.

Do you really have to be 85+? Well that is what I am wondering about. There are so many unanswered questions and I am a bit disappointed that Blizzard have not even explained such a big change yet anywhere on their website. In fact it was only brought up when someone from the PTR brought it up.

Here's an overview of the new mechanic: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Catchup-Guide

also, yes, you have to be 85, because you need access to your factions VoEB City, and the recipes are most likely BoP.

So i've got a question. I've been hoarding all this ghost iron ore in anticipation of a spike in price i have about 2k ore or something. Anyways, ive realized that many people will probably drop there professions to pick up BS now that its fairly easy to level. Poor people might have a hard time in the 370 area because of the 100 bars needed for a skill-up. Is it a good idea to stock up on cobalt ore because it is what poor people will use to level through 370-400 instead of ghost iron ore, and will be in high-ish demand

Check your server prices before hand, thats always the best option.

Check its availability, and its price, do a bit of research and check the amount required as well (Cobalts).

You can try to bottle neck the market if you want, but you won't catch everyone. People are willing to do research and see which way it the easiest to level. If they encounter ore prices to be ridiculous, they'll bypass your bottleneck. If you're prices are competitive; then you'll have a chance.