Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a rehash of things we've already heard, but each patch is making the game better and better. I would very much like it if there came a day when people no longer hate on Diablo 3, but once that avalanche has started there's no stopping it, I guess...
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    It's a rehash of things we've already heard, but each patch is making the game better and better. I would very much like it if there came a day when people no longer hate on Diablo 3, but once that avalanche has started there's no stopping it, I guess...
    even though the game is better, it still isn't good. the game they released was so unrelentingly bad, disgracefully shallow, remarkably void of innovation, and short. so far they've tried fixing only one aspect of the many that they missed the mark on. when a game that has been anticipated for so long by so many is such a catastrophic let down it is going to make people understandably angry. the easiest out let for anger is to complain about what it is that you don't like, in this case how diablo 3 disappointed them.

so if you waiting for people to stop hating on diablo 3 in mass, you're going to be spending a long time waiting as blizzard has shown no urgency in fixing the glaring issues that exist with diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    even though the game is better, it still isn't good. the game they released was so unrelentingly bad, disgracefully shallow, remarkably void of innovation, and short. so far they've tried fixing only one aspect of the many that they missed the mark on. when a game that has been anticipated for so long by so many is such a catastrophic let down it is going to make people understandably angry. the easiest out let for anger is to complain about what it is that you don't like, in this case how diablo 3 disappointed them.

so if you waiting for people to stop hating on diablo 3 in mass, you're going to be spending a long time waiting as blizzard has shown no urgency in fixing the glaring issues that exist with diablo 3.
    You're exaggerating. It wasn't "unrelentingly bad", it was a decent game. It just didn't live up to the hype that the Diablo franchise had been building up for so many years, which quite frankly, was an impossible task anyway.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    You're exaggerating. It wasn't "unrelentingly bad", it was a decent game. It just didn't live up to the hype that the Diablo franchise had been building up for so many years, which quite frankly, was an impossible task anyway.
    "Legendaries" at launch, enough said.

Deleted
    I would say the game right now is decent, not amazing but definitely an ok game. Comparing the current game to the launch version however... oh the horrors.
    You don't get second chances to make a first impression, maybe Blizzard failed to realize that. Maybe Diablo 3 should've been delayed.

And beta wasn't really helpful either, it was nothing more than a stress test for their network.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I would say the game right now is decent, not amazing but definitely an ok game. Comparing the current game to the launch version however... oh the horrors.
    You don't get second chances to make a first impression, maybe Blizzard failed to realize that. Maybe Diablo 3 should've been delayed.

And beta wasn't really helpful either, it was nothing more than a stress test for their network.
    I have totally different view about it.

Launch version of the game had issues.
    - It required excessive farming to progress.
    - There was no feeling of improvement because the leveling ended at lvl60.
    - Crafting was broken.
    - Teamplay was not profitable.
    - Using auction house felt mandatory and there was no way to farm the good gear yourself, even playing in a good, ~30ppl environment of hardcore gamers playing 16 hours/day.

Current version... well, it became worse.
    - They "fixed" the first issue with massive nerfs. And now there is no goal in the game at all, "progression" does not exist any more. As well as any sort of a challenge.
    - To fix the leveling they implemented a ridiculous "second" experience bar. Which does not make any sense at all. Why on earth would anyone create TWO experience bars in the same game? Its like when you hit 60 in real life you call next years "paragon years" and begin counting them from the beginning? "Hey I got new passport saying I'm 60 years old and 9 paragon years old"?
    - Crafting is still broken. Every time I find a new recipe I don't even bother picking it up. Its worth less than its vendor price on AH. Crafting gems below flawless square does not make any sense. Crafting any sort of gear other than bop gear does not make any sense.
    - Teamplay is still broken. Solo farming is faster and more rewarding.
    - AH is even more mandatory than before. You just can't progress anywhere without it. Its absolutely impossible to find an upgrade for yourself.

So what were the improvements again? Ah... ubers. Well, for me its just a) They failed to implement ubers right away, despite that they were in d2 for ages b) Its just a reminder to us that they failed to implement proper normal bosses from the beginning and still did not fix them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Current version... well, it became worse.
    - They "fixed" the first issue with massive nerfs. And now there is no goal in the game at all, "progression" does not exist any more. As well as any sort of a challenge.
    MP is "progression". Don't blame Blizzard if people choose not to run higher MP's. Yes, it's always going to be more efficient to farm lower levels, but if you want to "progress" it's always there for you, and at ten new levels.
    - To fix the leveling they implemented a ridiculous "second" experience bar. Which does not make any sense at all. Why on earth would anyone create TWO experience bars in the same game? Its like when you hit 60 in real life you call next years "paragon years" and begin counting them from the beginning? "Hey I got new passport saying I'm 60 years old and 9 paragon years old"?
    That's a silly argument. Most MMO's have reputation XP bars. It's still progression. It may not be exciting, since when you "level", you get less than you did previously, but it's still something.

- AH is even more mandatory than before. You just can't progress anywhere without it. Its absolutely impossible to find an upgrade for yourself.
    True, but crafted gear in 1.0.7 modified it slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    "Legendaries" at launch, enough said.
    Are legendaries that much better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I found 5 legendaries in the first month. I find that many in like a few hours now.

"MP is "progression". Don't blame Blizzard if people choose not to run higher MP's."

I dont think you should get xp if your 10 lvls above your current mp lvl. A lvl 51 running mp4 would yeild no xp, that would make paragon levels respectable. Hardcore is completely irrelevant due to this.

"AH is even more mandatory than before. You just can't progress anywhere without it. Its absolutely impossible to find an upgrade for yourself."

Wrong, my lowest lvl char is paragon lvl 13 monk, all my chars have found at least half the gear they wear. My barb has like 3 pieces off the ah and he is my best.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-03-11 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    The chance to find a good one is still incredibly low, but a lot of them are BiS in most cases. Witching Hour, Mempo of Twilight. These items are far and above better than anything, because of their ability to roll damage stats that the slot can't normally roll. At launch, the best legendaries were INCREDIBLY weaker than any rare you could find. Check out some of the "legacy" items on the auction house, or check heir stats on the forum. It's hilarious that they thought that it was a good idea.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have unrealistic expectations for D3. I got about what I expected, somewhat below, but not horribly so. The game launched with issues, but D2 was really bad at launch as well so I wasn't surprised. As with all Blizzard games it's been slowly fixed from a completely broken state and now it's respectable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing this game a bit more because of this thread. Went from like 1-2 hours a month to about 2-3 hrs a week. Having fun. I stopped picking up the class-only rares and some armors. Just picking up wpns, helms, bracers, gloves, rings and amulets nowadays. Havnt been able to sell anything at all tho, but I dont even care anymore. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

The new Itemization Blog was a relief. Everything mentioned are things I have been wanting since day 1. From less but more relevant loot (no more int on barb gear!) to unique legendaries from story bosses. Most of the other blogs just had me cussing at my screen. This one actually shows some resolve and isnt filled with any fluff. Its good that some devs are stepping up to take Jays place.

I just hope that the motivation is in the project and not their own wallets.