15+ Year Old Account

5.0 LFR drop rates in 5.2

Has anyone had any experience or is there any data relating to the 5.0 LFR raids and the new drop rates? Since the patch is relatively close, I want to know if the new drop rates are better enough for me to quit farming on my alts for a few weeks. Are you seeing 1 drop per run sort of thing? Even that would be better than the current weeks and weeks with no upgrades.

Deleted
    Well, not exactly science but I did 2x LFR runs on the PTR (both halves of HoF)

Damn thing scaled down to 470ilvl, still managed 125k DPS on garalon, BOSH!

ehem... anyway,

I received:

[Hisek's Chrysanthemum Cape] x2 (Bonus roll)
    [Ring of the Bladed Tempest] x1
    [Garalon's Graven Carapace] x1
    [Scimitar of Seven Stars] x1
    [Chest of the Shadowy Vanquisher] x1 (Bonus roll)

It's in no way some sort of awesome, prolonged test of droprates and I may just have been REALLY lucky but it seems to me the drop rate has been significantly increased. It can't hurt to still do some runs this week on alts but you should hopefully see an increase in loot drops anyway. No idea what the current % is on a drop, 10%-15% maybe? I'm assuming they doubled it.

I was also asking other people in the raid, seemed 4 or 5 people per boss were winning something (again, luck - not scientific)
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-03-01 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Well, not exactly science but I did 2x LFR runs on the PTR (both halves of HoF)

Damn thing scaled down to 470ilvl, still managed 125k DPS on garalon, BOSH!

ehem... anyway,

I received:

[Hisek's Chrysanthemum Cape] x2 (Bonus roll)
    [Ring of the Bladed Tempest] x1
    [Garalon's Graven Carapace] x1
    [Scimitar of Seven Stars] x1
    [Chest of the Shadowy Vanquisher] x1 (Bonus roll)

It's in no way some sort of awesome, prolonged test of droprates and I may just have been REALLY lucky but it seems to me the drop rate has been significantly increased. It can't hurt to still do some runs this week on alts but you should hopefully see an increase in loot drops anyway. No idea what the current % is on a drop, 10%-15% maybe? I'm assuming they doubled it.

I was also asking other people in the raid, seemed 4 or 5 people per boss were winning something (again, luck - not scientific)
    Current drop rate is either 15% or 16%, depending on whether it's 85-100 inclusive or exclusive of winning rolls out of 100.

So they scaled 476 LFR gear down to 470? Wow, way to go Blizzard, so nice of you. And here I was hoping to break the 470ilvl barrier with the new drop rates. Guess I'm out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    So they scaled 476 LFR gear down to 470? Wow, way to go Blizzard, so nice of you. And here I was hoping to break the 470ilvl barrier with the new drop rates. Guess I'm out of luck.
    I'm pretty sure he meant on the PTR, his equipped gear was scaled down to 470

everything on the PTR autotunes, so..basicly all current LFR is tunned to 470 gear(pre-raiding at all aka HC gear)

Deleted
    Sorry I wasn't more clear about that dude - On the 5.2 PTR in MSV and HoF (haven't tested ToES but assuming it's the same) all your equipped gear is scaled automatically to 470ilvl. Same tech that's used in Challenge modes and, slightly annoying seeing as I ended up with about 5.3% hit and expertise!

I haven't been in an "LFR Only" position but can't see it taking too long to break the 480 barrier - There's some 476 gear available for gold, the new honor gear will be 476 IIRC. The 496 crafted items aren't too expensive nowadays and the older Valor gear (489 stuff) will be a lot cheaper. There are also 2x 489 rewards for doing the exalted quests for the Klaxxi and Golden lotus. It's possible (but in no way confirmed) that the new drop rate for the older LFRs are around 30-35% (might even be more) so the law of averages says you're going to get at least a couple of items per week unless you're seriously unlucky.

... Hmm, wonder if the PTR scales ilvl up as well as down. Old legendaries might be making a comeback on the PTR ;-)
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-03-02 at 04:47 AM.