Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

GC has no intention of fixing pets when it comes to mechanical buffs

Buffs like the protectors buff will not move to pets, just more proof that blizzard has no fucking idea how to make hunters wok right

Ashunera ‏@windlashed

@Ghostcrawler lol. managing a pet is cool, but maybe DPS buffs (protectors) should affect them so many fights aren't "blizzard hates pets"

the response

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@windlashed Pets are largely immune to raid damage. They have limitations on some fights, but aren't that big a deal to manage IMO.

so are are to have "limitations" forced on us because of our class that no other class has to endure.

Mages, warlocks, dk's also have pets. Stop QQ'ing like you're the only class being punished.

"Has no idea how to make hunters work right"

To your design, or theirs?

Maybe I'm missing something.. but all pets are treated the same, no? Either way, I'm not seeing where the problem is. All I see is: "Moar DPS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Mages, warlocks, dk's also have pets. Stop QQ'ing like you're the only class being punished.
    All the mages are either arcane or fire right now in t14. They don't have any pets whatsoever. Locks can sack their pet and all the dks now are frost/can go frost. You are just trying to attack him.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-01 at 06:49 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Eda View Post
    "Has no idea how to make hunters work right"

To your design, or theirs?

Maybe I'm missing something.. but all pets are treated the same, no? Either way, I'm not seeing where the problem is. All I see is: "Moar DPS!"
    no other class is FORCED to use their pets to endure the "limitations" as GC put it. Its not about more DPS its about not being hindered by the class due to blizzard failure to balance the game.

Pick ANY class and force them to take a 20-60% reduction from a mechanical boss buff in the game and see if they say "meh oh well"

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    no other class is FORCED to use their pets to endure the "limitations" as GC put it. Its not about more DPS its about not being hindered by the class due to blizzard failure to balance the game.

Pick ANY class and force them to take a 20-60% reduction from a mechanical boss buff in the game and see if they say "meh oh well"
    I think 20-60% is too much when compared to our dps. We're losing more like 15% on protectors. The only thing I hate about this is that our t15 2 piece is a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I think 20-60% is too much when compared to our dps. We're losing more like 15% on protectors. The only thing I hate about this is that our t15 2 piece is a pet.
    we only lose 15% because we are force to play SV.. remember as BM your pets can be up to 60% of your total damage that does not get effected by the buff, making the spec completely not viable for that fight.

If you're BM on H-Protectors, which you might very well be if the buff worked because it's a single target fight, you gain 10% a stack.

Assuming you get the max 9 stacks (190%+ damage), and your pet does 60% of your damage, and the pet doesn't inherit the buff, you get 190% on 40%, and the regular 60% on the pet. That's 76% + 60%, or 136% damage. 1.36/1.9 = 71.5% of what other classes are doing.

Instead, we're forced to go SV, where our pet does about 15% of our damage, so we get .85*1.9 = 1.615+.15 = 1.765, and 1.765/1.9 = 92% of other classes, in a lower single target DPS spec.

Deleted
    Speaking of that 2p pet...dpes it still get owned by boss aoe? Never saw a fix mentioned anywhere.

Deleted
    So every spec and class is meant to perform optimally on every boss? I don't think so.

It's one boss where BM hunters will be very poor and one boss where hunters will not be doing great.

You want Blizzard to balance every class and spec around every boss mechanic in every raid encounter as well as PVP? That's rediculous, balance doesn't work in a game like this yet people keep demanding it. Some things will be better than others for certain bosses, that's a good way to go.

All the mages are either arcane or fire right now in t14. They don't have any pets whatsoever. Locks can sack their pet and all the dks now are frost/can go frost. You are just trying to attack him.
    Locks CAN sack their pet. They won't be doing it next tier.
    Mages go frost in certain scenarios. Unless you want to limit them to fights that would only benefit hunter pets.
    DK's have ghouls no matter what their spec is.

Stop using baseless arguments to defend the OP. You're both wasting time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean T15? Even if it gets hit, it has about 1.1 mil HP...
    I'm more concerned about Jin'Rokh water buff...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    So every spec and class is meant to perform optimally on every boss? I don't think so.

It's one boss where BM hunters will be very poor and one boss where hunters will not be doing great.

You want Blizzard to balance every class and spec around every boss mechanic in every raid encounter as well as PVP? That's rediculous, balance doesn't work in a game like this yet people keep demanding it. Some things will be better than others for certain bosses, that's a good way to go.
    name any other class that is force to be at a disadvantage for as many fights as hunters are because of pets not getting the buff.

There are 0 fights that warlocks are bad at, same with mages and DK even enhancement shaman out perform hunters in single target and AoE with the new changes.

Like i said pick any class and tell them you are limiting their class for no reason other then the devs are lazy and see if they are ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    Speaking of that 2p pet...dpes it still get owned by boss aoe? Never saw a fix mentioned anywhere.
    From my PTR testing it seems to have been somewhat fixed.

Mages go frost in certain scenarios. Unless you want to limit them to fights that would only benefit hunter pets.

those classes have OPTIONAL pets, they are not required to play their class 100% of the time. Not to mention Warlocks will always sac their pets its just better for them to do so.

those classes have OPTIONAL pets, they are not required to play their class 100% of the time. Not to mention Warlocks will always sac their pets its just better for them to do so.
    Wrong. UH will be competitive next patch, and have a permanent pet. Warlocks will only sack for one of their specs, resulting in a permanent pet. Frost mages, though underrepresented in raids perform well in challenge modes. They have a pet.

So quit bitching that you're the only class getting hurt.

Swap a talent/change specs for ~10% more damage just because of how the mechanics work? Sounds pretty good to me. They still will sac their pet on fights that require it as it will be the best talent from that tier. Why would mages go frost? Frost has a pet. DK ghouls aren't 15% of a frost death knights damage. You are just trying to attack him.

Swap a talent/change specs for ~10% more damage just because of how the mechanics work? Sounds pretty good to me. They still will sac their pet on fights that require it as it will be the best talent from that tier. Why would mages go frost? Frost has a pet. DK ghouls aren't 15% of a frost death knights damage. You are just trying to attack him.
    Again, nothing more than vague statements loosely threaded together in a lame attempt to defend the OP's already poor opinion. How about a response from someone who doesn't play a qq'ing huntard?

Wrong. UH will be competitive next patch, and have a permanent pet. Warlocks will only sack for one of their specs, resulting in a permanent pet. Frost mages, though underrepresented in raids perform well in challenge modes. They have a pet.

So quit bitching that you're the only class getting hurt.
    wow you are just not able to grasp what is being said... No other class will be FORCED to be limited by a pet. Locks have the ability to sac their pet, Mages will be fire or arcane to not have a pet, DKs will simply go frost if the pet puts them at a disadvantage.

Can you still not understand this concept. THERE IS NO HUNTER SPEC THAT PETS YOU GET RID OF YOUR PET. If you don't understand that please just don't post as you are not cappable of providing anything to this thread.

wow you are just not able to grasp what is being said
    I can fully grasp your whining and narrow field of vision, disregarding every other class with a pet. Please, inform me further with your grasp of all things pet-related.