Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadKing View Post
    Without getting into the topic of if snakes do or don't hit lei shi, I do see a lot of people saying that melee attacks / auto attacks can't hit her which simply isn't true. Go and stand next to the hide spot with your pet and you'll clearly see your pet auto attacking the hidden boss. I don't know if this works for normal melee, but it definately does for pets.
    I've stayed out of this dicsussion because it was derailed, but if you even bothered to look at some logs you'd see that you are wrong. As far as I can tell no logs ever have the snakes hitting lei shi in her hide phase. Provide some evidence to support your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Read the thread or get out. If I hear more comments that fails to aknowledge the points made in this thread (the fact that hunters out of all classes are the only class without an option to not use a pet), I'm going to start handing infractions out for trolling, because at this point, no one can be so dense as to not understand what has been said over and over on the past few page.

Oh, and just FYI - we already DO go survival. We still lose dps from having a pet (although less than we would if we stuck to BM), and on top of that we lose dps because surv is a lower damage spec than BM on singletarget.
    Summed the thread up and most of my posts up perfectly. Thank you Draco.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I've stayed out of this dicsussion because it was derailed, but if you even bothered to look at some logs you'd see that you are wrong. As far as I can tell no logs ever have the snakes hitting lei shi in her hide phase. Provide some evidence to support your claim.
    Where did I say snakes? I'm talking about pets, the big cuddly thing that follows you about. I'm aware no logs show snake dmg on the boss, and personally I've seen them triggered by the boss, but they don't appear to do anything.

I can still have a look for a log showing pet dmg during the hide phase, but I know most hunters don't go near the melee range of Lei Shi during hide and it's only by coincidence of the hide location being where i was stood that I even noticed it - so it might be quite tricky to find

EDIT: After looking the only logs I remember doing it in where early normal mode kills from last year, which ofc by now have expired. It's pretty easy to test in LFR if u want to see it in action though. Just walk over to the location of the 'splash' and watch ur pet start meleeing
    Last edited by NomadKing; 2013-03-03 at 06:03 PM.

Where did I say snakes? I'm talking about pets, the big cuddly thing that follows you about. I'm aware no logs show snake dmg on the boss, and personally I've seen them triggered by the boss, but they don't appear to do anything.

I can still have a look for a log showing pet dmg during the hide phase, but I know most hunters don't go near the melee range of Lei Shi during hide and it's only by coincidence of the hide location being where i was stood that I even noticed it - so it might be quite tricky to find
    I must've misread your post then. My bad man.

Also afaik I have seen no pets hitting lei shi during hide phase. Do you have a log perhaps?

I guess i'll try to attempt this in LFR because it is pretty big if it works. Will be back with the results.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-03 at 06:09 PM.

I must've misread your post then. My bad man.

Also afaik I have seen no pets hitting lei shi during hide phase. Do you have a log perhaps?
    Must have edited my post while you where replying

EDIT: After looking the only logs I remember doing it in where early normal mode kills from last year, which ofc by now have expired. It's pretty easy to test in LFR if u want to see it in action though. Just walk over to the location of the 'splash' and watch ur pet start meleeing
    I know it's not a common occurance (what sort of hunter wants to be in melee range?) and it's something I no longer do anyway due to having several melee in our raid group. The benefit of the attacks Vs the extra Spray dmg just isn't worth it. It can be a nice thing to know if you've mistimed your Stampede though, as they appear to melee the boss as well.

Must have edited my post while you where replying

I know it's not a common occurance (what sort of hunter wants to be in melee range?) and it's something I no longer do anyway due to having several melee in our raid group. The benefit of the attacks Vs the extra Spray dmg just isn't worth it. It can be a nice thing to know if you've mistimed your Stampede though, as they appear to melee the boss as well.
    How exactly does it work? Do we just send our pet in or do you absolutely have to be in melee range?

How exactly does it work? Do we just send our pet in or do you absolutely have to be in melee range?
    Tbh not exactly sure - I've only seen it with the pet at my side running into melee range. I guess sending might work, but it's not something I've tried myself (usually just content to fire an explosive trap and let the rest of the raid bring it out).

Tbh not exactly sure - I've only seen it with the pet at my side running into melee range. I guess sending might work, but it's not something I've tried myself (usually just content to fire an explosive trap and let the rest of the raid bring it out).
    I guess that will be what I need to test in LFR then.

I'll try to find time to pop into LFR myself tomorrow and see if I can get a good screenshot of the pet doing it. Not as good as a log of it, but it might go some way to convincing people I'm not entirely crazy :P

I'll try to find time to pop into LFR myself tomorrow and see if I can get a good screenshot of the pet doing it. Not as good as a log of it, but it might go some way to convincing people I'm not entirely crazy :P
    Lol, yeah I'll be combat logging and I'll upload it and then we'll be able to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No
    One
    Cares.

Whether it works or not, enough is enough. The logs you have linked so far clearly shows no damage being done by the snakes - it is purely damage comming from AOE sources. Snakes cannot hit her when she is hidden, as it is melee. Untill you can show us a log where the hidden lei shi actually takes damage from the snakes, or otherwise explain why they "almost instantly break her out", we'll assume that it does not work.
    It's incredible as to what lengths people will go to try and prove they're right, even when they're flat out wrong, and themselves show "evidence" (WoL) that they're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    Buffs like the protectors buff will not move to pets, just more proof that blizzard has no fucking idea how to make hunters wok right

Ashunera ‏@windlashed

@Ghostcrawler lol. managing a pet is cool, but maybe DPS buffs (protectors) should affect them so many fights aren't "blizzard hates pets"

the response

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@windlashed Pets are largely immune to raid damage. They have limitations on some fights, but aren't that big a deal to manage IMO.

so are are to have "limitations" forced on us because of our class that no other class has to endure.
    News flash: GC is not the only person who works on World of Warcraft. He is not singlehandedly responsible for everything that people dislike about the game. Posts like these are pointless because they suggest that its entirely up to him, and entirely his responsibility to change/decide. He is part of a TEAM. If you don't understand that concept I recommend visiting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Team?s=t

Learn to express yourself and your concerns without sounding like a petulant 9 year old. You'll get a lot further in life and people will actually take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    News flash: GC is not the only person who works on World of Warcraft. He is not singlehandedly responsible for everything that people dislike about the game. Posts like these are pointless because they suggest that its entirely up to him, and entirely his responsibility to change/decide. He is part of a TEAM. If you don't understand that concept I recommend visiting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Team?s=t

Learn to express yourself and your concerns without sounding like a petulant 9 year old. You'll get a lot further in life and people will actually take you seriously.
    No but he is the lead of that team, aka the person responsible for all decisions. He has said some pretty amazingly false things int he past that in two weeks were fixed or reverted. An example would be power shot and glaive toss. He stated after people were complaining that these abilities were missing moving targets that they were skill shots and that people need to better time their shot. A few weeks later they said they came across a bug and were in the process of fixing it. This is just one example of many posts he has done.

Nothing against the guy but he has no clue about many things that he should know about.

I'll explain the pet + lei shi:
    First of all of you place your snake trap directly on the spot lei shi hides it will trigger the trap and the snakes will attack lei shi which usually causes an almost instantaneous end of phase(I'm using it constantly in lfr and normal).
    Second when lei shi is hiding if you run around with your pet next to you and you pass close enough the pet will autoattack lei shi, Doesn't work for melees its a special pet feature.

honestly i'm this close to buying into the conspiracy that GC and blizz in general has spies that jump around on forums trying to defend their honor to the death with a wholehearted, steadfast determination to deny any logic and reason that opposes that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by krogy View Post
    I'll explain the pet + lei shi:
    First of all of you place your snake trap directly on the spot lei shi hides it will trigger the trap and the snakes will attack lei shi which usually causes an almost instantaneous end of phase(I'm using it constantly in lfr and normal).
    Second when lei shi is hiding if you run around with your pet next to you and you pass close enough the pet will autoattack lei shi, Doesn't work for melees its a special pet feature.
    This is 100% incorrect. It's been proven in this thread that snakes don't do anything and the myth of pets being able to attack lei shi during hide is busted. It looks like they are attack her, don't get me wrong, but NO damage is going out.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=1669&e=2123

I just did an LFR and you can see that my pet did no damage to the lei shi during hide. I saw it look like it was using their melee attack, but it didn't do any damage.

i never said they deal damage, but they do attack.
    Lei Shi needs a certain number of attacks to go out of hide and not certain amount of damage http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123244 I have no clue how to add wowhead links so you'll have to deal with that.

Also if you have a raid team you can ask them on the hide phase not to attack lei shi and only shoot 1 snake trap and see how the hide phase end quickly regardless.

i never said they deal damage, but they do attack.
    Lei Shi needs a certain number of attacks to go out of hide and not certain amount of damage http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123244 I have no clue how to add wowhead links so you'll have to deal with that.

Also if you have a raid team you can ask them on the hide phase not to attack lei shi and only shoot 1 snake trap and see how the hide phase end quickly regardless.
    We're not starting this again.

No starting anything I'm stating a fact and asking you to check it yourself(you probably wont be able to in LFR tho).
    I would actually ask my guild to help me record it but we already killed Lei Shi and I'm pretty sure we won't go there in 5.2.

No starting anything I'm stating a fact and asking you to check it yourself(you probably wont be able to in LFR tho).
    I would actually ask my guild to help me record it but we already killed Lei Shi and I'm pretty sure we won't go there in 5.2.
    I already checked it myself other posters have checked it. They and I have evidence supporting the contrary. If these so called snakes were a surefire way to get lei shi out of hide we would be seeing some consistency with the logs, but we aren't. Unless if you can provide solid consistent evidence just stop please, this isn't going anywhere. The proof supporting the contrary is in this thread. So please don't start this again. It started on page 5, just re-read the entire thread instead of making 5 more pages of off topic content.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-03 at 07:59 PM.

There are no logs for no damage done so no I can't bring those.
    But at 5.2 terrace is going to be a CRZ raid, if you want we can make a raid and prove it to you.
    If you don't believe me I don't really care, the content won't be relevant anymore next week and it's basically your wasted time from not doing it.

And just to make it clear to everyone who still think it's not working because you can find it in the logs, you wont find logs for blank hits, what happens in the hide phase is that pets do blank hits that have o damage portion, only the hit portion to get Lei Shi counter down.
    Last edited by krogy; 2013-03-03 at 08:09 PM.