Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So much BS in this post it's unbelievable. To get Klaxxi neck and other factions rewards you have to get those to exalted. Crafted items cost a hell of a lot more than 200-500g even with the materials and even though heroics CAN drop SOME 476 items I have so far not seen a single one.

It's not just the gear that makes dailys mandatory. Serpent Riding, enchant recipes, tailoring recipes and other stuff often being gated behind TWO reputations makes it mandatory if you actually want to do anything with your professions whatsoever.
    Look up the Klaxxi rewards. Neck is honored, legs and belt at revered, a mount at exalted. Crafted items do cost more than 200-500g, now if you actually read that sentence you would see that I was saying you can "BUY THE MATS" for 200-500g, a piece. With leather working, all you need to buy is like 3 magnificent leathers, which you can actually buy without spending one ounce of gold on it, if you have no reason for the motes that you probably have gotten leveling up. The cheapest epic money can buy is an offhand fan that scribes make that barely ever goes above 2k on my server, Tich, alliance side. And yes, heroics can drop them, which means it is the highest you can get from a heroic, again, drop chance is a chance, not a promise. I fail to see any BS in my post, other than prices which are subject to change due to servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I am not going to discuss with you if LFR, Sha and Galleon is raiding. Both our views about that are irrelevant.

BLIZZARD, the devs, consider them raiding. So charms can only be used in content that the DEVS (not you, nor me) created to be killed by raids.

So dailies are NOT alternatives to raiding.

They also claim a lot of other things which is incorrect, a raid is something that takes time, effort, communication, and strategy not just go in and faceroll your way to epic loot and claim you have experience raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    They also claim a lot of other things which is incorrect, a raid is something that takes time, effort, communication, and strategy not just go in and faceroll your way to epic loot and claim you have experience raiding.
    That's your defintion of a raid, and, with all due respect, i cant care less about it. Blizzard clearly doesnt share it, nor do i.

Again, BLIZZARD putted rewards on the dailies that can only be used on content THEY classify as raiding (how you classify is something i dont care).

That means dailies are not an alternative to raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your defintion of a raid, and, with all due respect, i cant care less about it. Blizzard clearly doesnt share it, nor do i.

Again, BLIZZARD putted rewards on the dailies that can only be used on content THEY classify as raiding (how you classify is something i dont care).

That means dailies are not an alternative to raiding.
    Actually it IS an alternative to raiding, the coins are a BONUS if you do something, you get gear from dailies or from raiding so as it stands it is an alternative to raiding.

Felt, being the key word.

They weren't, but they felt like it, because players always feel like they need to do everrryyythiinnnngg to squeeze out dps.

Actually it IS an alternative to raiding, the coins are a BONUS if you do something, you get gear from dailies or from raiding so as it stands it is an alternative to raiding.
    You have a weird definition of "alternative", you have some several weirds definitions in general it seems.

An alternative is something that you do in place of other thing. If dailies give you rewards that can only be used in the thing you are doing in place of, then its not an alternative.

its a completely different activity that enhances (gives bonus to) your other activity, not an alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a weird definition of "alternative", you have some several weirds definitions in general it seems.

An alternative is something that you do in place of other thing. If dailies give you rewards that can only be used in the thing you are doing in place of, then its not an alternative.

its a completely different activity that enhances (gives bonus to) your other activity, not an alternative.
    Dailies are an alternative way to get gear than raiding, it offers a perk to raiders yes but it does not remove the fact that you can get gear from doing dailies if you are not a raider.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    So for brand new tailors, is completing Molten Front still mandatory?
    Does Molten Front have top of the line, relevant to level 90 tailoring patterns?

I came back after six months because I missed my friends. Did some raids, moderately fun. LFR, pretty toxic but still bearable. Unlock Operation: Shieldwall and I'm about ready to put my keyboard through my monitor because it's so fucking tedious and boring. Meanwhile I'm still fighting other players for taps because the dailies channel everyone into the same tiny area in the middle of a giant fucking zone.

If I wasn't so determined to stick around and play with my friends I would have just quit again and never looked back. This isn't fun. This isn't compelling. This isn't rewarding. This doesn't feel like accomplishment. This is just being a fucking monkey who just keeps pressing the same button (in my case spinning crane kick) and eventually some epics come spitting back out of the chute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Does Molten Front have top of the line, relevant to level 90 tailoring patterns?
    Nope but you don't need the recipes from rep to be a tailor or enchanter either, it is a want not a need.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    I came back after six months because I missed my friends. Did some raids, moderately fun. LFR, pretty toxic but still bearable. Unlock Operation: Shieldwall and I'm about ready to put my keyboard through my monitor because it's so fucking tedious and boring. Meanwhile I'm still fighting other players for taps because the dailies channel everyone into the same tiny area in the middle of a giant fucking zone.

If I wasn't so determined to stick around and play with my friends I would have just quit again and never looked back. This isn't fun. This isn't compelling. This isn't rewarding. This doesn't feel like accomplishment. This is just being a fucking monkey who just keeps pressing the same button (in my case spinning crane kick) and eventually some epics come spitting back out of the chute.
    So don't do them?

Again, it's something you WANT, I want 246 million dollars do I want to go out and buy a lottery ticket or no? If I want something sure I need to do what is required but it's a WANT not a NEED and mandatory only equates to things you NEED.

Breathing is mandatory being a multi-millionaire is not.
    Amazing how people get so defensive about this that they'll go so far as to break out dictionary definitions instead of understanding that everything doesn't have to be so literal. In this case, it's 100% true. If that's the case, nothing is mandatory except paying your subscription to play, right? Stupidest excuse I've seen in a long time.

My profession becomes gimped if I don't have these patterns. In order for my profession to NOT be gimped, it becomes mandatory for me to do dailies in order to get the best enchanting patterns. Otherwise, my profession becomes useless and I may as well not have it. So, in summation, in order for enchanting to be the most useful, dailies are mandatory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    The whole point of those two dailies were to add more PvP into this "omg it's a PvP expansion", not to mention the whole story of the two is of alliance vs horde.

Well, this is how it always was, except now there's just more people that can press the same buttons better than you and have more luck at getting the epics coming out of the other side. But, it feels more rewarding downing a boss with retards in LFR than it does downing a boss with a team you know is good and should of downed it 20 attempts ago.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 08:11 PM ----------

My profession becomes gimped if I don't have these patterns. In order for my profession to NOT be gimped, it becomes mandatory for me to do dailies in order to get the best enchanting patterns. Otherwise, my profession becomes useless and I may as well not have it. So, in summation, in order for enchanting to be the most useful, dailies are mandatory.
    Sadly, they are pretty useless for the most part. Only reason to have a profession is for the profession required buffs like ring enchants. His point is still valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how people get so defensive about this that they'll go so far as to break out dictionary definitions instead of understanding that everything doesn't have to be so literal. In this case, it's 100% true. If that's the case, nothing is mandatory except paying your subscription to play, right? Stupidest excuse I've seen in a long time.

So in order to get something you have to do something............and that's bad? Did your parents just give you stuff without making you do chores? Did you get a girlfriend without leaving the house? Do you want gear without doing things? YES! You have to do stuff to get something! Enchants and Tailoring recipes have always been locked somehow get over it!

15+ Year Old Account
    But that's what we did in Vanilla and people still call that the best raiding experience! Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, collect epics!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So in order to get something you have to do something............and that's bad?
    Code:
             Life              Good Life             Bad Video Game           Good Video Game
    you do your job         you do your job            you play it               you play it
    you hate your job       you enjoy your job      it feels like a job           you enjoy it
    you get paycheck        you get paycheck        you get reward               you get reward
    you die unhappy           you die happy             you quit it         you throw money at the monitor
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Code:
             Life              Good Life             Bad Video Game           Good Video Game
    you do your job         you do your job            you play it               you play it
    you hate your job       you enjoy your job      it feels like a job           you enjoy it
    you get paycheck        you get paycheck        you get reward               you get reward
    you die unhappy           you die happy             you quit it         you throw money at the monitor
    I love my job, and the career im going for I shall love any more.

Also, in your video game logic, I could agree, because that pretty much describes Vanilla, which I hated, and "Good video game" describes the welfare epics and everyone getting gear without work required, which as you can see, people complained about way more than people complain about the current "work" required to get gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I noticed that they are finally acknowledging that dailies are too forced.

"Mists of Pandaria set out to provide lots of things for you to do, but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted. The Patch 5.2 daily quests feel less mandatory."

Off main page.

It's sad and frustrating though because it took months of people bitching and complaining and they just defended it by saying 'you don't have to do dailies'. Yes you did because it's the only way to spend the damn JP/VP. Unreal. They didn't lose me personally, but I know a lot of players just in my guild/on my server who quit over the bullshit reputation grinds.
    I stopped having faith in blizzard after wrath, cata was horrible. I stopped raiding after it took me so long to get honored with golden lotus, I even stopped doing lfr.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Code:
    Let's see...........I don't do dailies, I raid, I get my gear, I throw money at Blizzard, honestly the biggest thing making me consider quitting after 8 years of playing is the players, between the racists and homophobes and the people who want everything handed to them it's becoming almost intolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    Dailies were pretty mandatory. Want to gear up without relying solely on RNG in LFR? Rep gear. Want to spend your VP? Rep gear. Want to progress with the Black Prince? Yup, done via the DO dailies. (You could just grind it out but...why?)

The fact is that once you hit 90 you really only have dailies, farming mats, and LFD/LFR. Even Blizzard admitted that a large part of end-game content was designed to be dailies. To say dailies weren't mandatory is like saying "well you can just stop playing once you hit 90."

Deleted
    I think the argument whether the quest were actually mandatory or not is irrelevant.

The point is in the original post, they are taking action because alot of players "felt" like they were mandatory. Blizz is just trying to please as many people as possible, and whether you agree with any change on it or not, the ammount of players complaining about it obviously influenced their decision.