Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The "youre not forced" is such a fallacy

The game rewards time investment with advantages. You could of course raid or pvp naked without gear and enchants but the disadvantage could hardly be offset by player skill.
    This dailys or any other repetitive grind are part of the invest time to gain advantages parkour. Sure you dont need to, but if you accept playing with a handicap in what is supposed to be a competition then why bother at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    If they wanted to do a quick way of slowing players down they should of done an epic quest line for each faction which didn't involve repeating the same quests on a daily basis.
    I agree with you, but for some reason the current WoW dev team seems to hate epic quest lines with a passion. They gutted every single one in Azeroth when they did the revamp, Wrath had a bare handful, and I don't recall any in Cata, except maybe the legendary quests.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    It happened just like hard dungeons again man. History repeats itself. It was a divisive issue. People gave them feedback, they ignored it or insisted their position was correct. I still expect a blog about it. Fans defended them. They began to acknowledge it was a problem and then eventually they will abandon it. It would have been sooooooooooo much simpler if everyone just got on fucking board on the same page and petitioned them to do something about it. Cataclysm 2.0 folks.
    Theres little actually wrong with the system they have.

Their problem was:

Valor is too difficult to get. It takes a lot of work to get 1000 VPs. It doesn't feel rewarding. The upside is that going for the valor cap gives you enough to do each week. The other downside is that you can burn out and get fed up with repeating content.

The rep lock was unnecessary. Especially when you needed so many reputations.

Dailies also provided Lesser Charms. They are the main source, by far, of this.

So:-
    Dailies were seen as mandatory, so they became a chore rather than fun.
    They were too similar with not enough variation some players got fed up with them very quickly.
    They required a lot of work, esepcially at lower gear levels - worse, it was the same kind of work that the early dungeons had in Cata; MoBs needed to be grinded due to health. It took so long to burn them they moved from fun right into irritating.
    There was little option or alternate paths. Even after cappign valor with raids and dungeons, dailies were needed for Lesser charms and Rep to get the gear so even capping valor didn't free you from the need to do dailies. You could really only spend VP if you had the rep. And to get the rep, you did dailies.
    The Golden Lotus dailies especially were poorly planned. Some of the Shado-Pan dailies were also poor.

The baisc idea itself is fine. There is just too much reliance on what should be one pathway, and too much use of the system simply to create a time sink. Blizzards already changed some of the worst elements of the system for the better.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    About time you notice blizz, only took you several months GG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And they still follow that opinion, nothing changed.

Dailies are not mandatory at all.
    The sad part is that Blizzard thought they could educate the dumb masses.
    They actually believed they could teach people that optional stuff is optional.
    But the QQ'ers ignored that and kept crying the same phrase over and over "I AM FORCED TO DO DAILIES!".

That's why they said this, which comes down to: "Dailies are not forced, but whiners feel forced."

Why are people wrong? You were never forced to do dailies.
    They simply catered to the QQ because people aren't intelligent enough to understand what optional means.
    Maybe the "dumb masses" have taught Blizzard the meaning of the word optional in respect of the subscription fee.

And they still follow that opinion, nothing changed.

Dailies are not mandatory at all.
    The sad part is that Blizzard thought they could educate the dumb masses.
    They actually believed they could teach people that optional stuff is optional.
    But the QQ'ers ignored that and kept crying the same phrase over and over "I AM FORCED TO DO DAILIES!".

That's why they said this, which comes down to: "Dailies are not forced, but whiners feel forced."

Why are people wrong? You were never forced to do dailies.
    They simply catered to the QQ because people aren't intelligent enough to understand what optional means.
    It is never a good idea to ignore customer feedback and an even worse idea to outright claim that the customer is wrong with that feedback. You would have thought that after doing almost exactly the same thing two years ago with a cost of several hundred million dollars to their business Blizzard would have learnt their lesson. But, of course, you're right it is the customer that is not intelligent enough to get this, it is just a shame for Blizzard that they are just about able to workout how to click cancel subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Maybe the "dumb masses" have taught Blizzard the meaning of the word optional in respect of the subscription fee.
    No the dumb masses proved that Blizzard can't put challenge into their game anymore or optional content because the dumb masses want everything now so they can complain about lack of things to do and how Blizzard sucks because they aren't giving new content fast enough.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    No the dumb masses proved that Blizzard can't put challenge into their game anymore or optional content because the dumb masses want everything now so they can complain about lack of things to do and how Blizzard sucks because they aren't giving new content fast enough.
    Don't use words "challenge" together with "daily quests". They aren't challenging. They are repetitive, boring and trivial to do. They don't require any skills, class specific or not, they don't require cooperation, they only require time.

And what makes you think that only "dumb masses" complain about it? I know that pretty much entire guild of mine didn't like the idea, even though we consider ourselves pretty hardcore (not world first crowd, naturally, but decent enough to finish all h content before next patch). I know that other guilds on our realm weren't pleased either. I know that reaching revered with Golden Lotus was a giant sigh of relief for everyone... and that need to farm Charms again is annoying the hell out of me.

But hey, we're just whining unwashed masses that can't appreciate "the challenge" in daily quests. Teach us, Enlightened One.

Did you see patch 5.2?
    I am having fun and can enter all raids without touching those terrible dailies.
    See my problem is I can't. I've had terrible RNG luck with LFR epics and 5 man epics. I've honestly never even see a 5 man epic yet. I still don't believe scenario epics exist. My only option is to farm 300 heroic dungeons to gather enough JP to bring my ilevel to 470 through item upgrades at 1500 JP a pop so I can enter HoF and Terrace LFR. It's sad but the distance from MSV LFR to HoF LFR without being in a raiding guild is too wide for the casual player (who keep in mind, make up the majority of the playerbase.) I have all this VP but nothing to spend it on because no reputations are unlocked... That is why their stance is changed.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-03-02 at 06:57 PM.

Did you see patch 5.2?
    They don't ignore customer feedback, even though I believe those customers are wrong.

Don't get me wrong! I despise dailies and simply refuse to do them.
    That's why I disagree with the opinion that "you are forced to do dailies".
    I am having fun and can enter all raids without touching those terrible dailies.

Huh? Care to explain that..?
    Because at the moment it doesn't make any sense.
    They have spent the past few months telling anyone that said that they feel that they have to do dailies that they are wrong it is only in the past week they have acknowledged that there may be a problem. If that is not ignoring customer feedback then what is it?

There's such an easy way to fix this but Blizzard have their stupid reasons not to. Just make reputation for all MoP factions (except for Black Prince) account wide. Do them on one character and it's done on all your characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Don't use words "challenge" together with "daily quests". They aren't challenging. They are repetitive, boring and trivial to do. They don't require any skills, class specific or not, they don't require cooperation, they only require time.

And what makes you think that only "dumb masses" complain about it? I know that pretty much entire guild of mine didn't like the idea, even though we consider ourselves pretty hardcore (not world first crowd, naturally, but decent enough to finish all h content before next patch). I know that other guilds on our realm weren't pleased either. I know that reaching revered with Golden Lotus was a giant sigh of relief for everyone... and that need to farm Charms again is annoying the hell out of me.

But hey, we're just whining unwashed masses that can't appreciate "the challenge" in daily quests. Teach us, Enlightened One.
    Actually I mean tougher content, like people complaining things are too hard because it takes a little skill, and when it is a challenge they get nerfed............never said dailies were a challenge I said they were OPTIONAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    NEED to? no...would you like to progress your character if your a casual player? would you like to be in a raiding guild? so unless your a pure pvp player, one the single biggest ways to improve your character is through mandatory dailies...it wouldnt be so bad if they at least had rep tabards you could get at honored or something.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post

Challenge is good. But can you seriously say grinding piss easy boring content is challenging? I dont think anyone every complained dailies were too hard, just too mindnumbingly boring.

As for optional content. Locking vp gear behing rep, and making rep only come from dailies, and locking recipies behind rep, and trade mat sources....that makes daillies pretty much mandatory.
    sure you dont NEED to do them, but then again you dont NEED to level up either...but I think you'll find most people feel compelled to.

If you want to see how to add in optional content, go play Rift. it does it really well, giving you lots (far more than wow) of different content at endgame but not forcing you to do anything you dont want to.

You call people dumb masses, thats pretty stupid to label people who disagree with you as dumb, esp when they can articulate good reasons for doing so.
    I could call you an ignorant, small minded, fanboy...but I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    You call people dumb masses, thats pretty stupid to label people who disagree with you as dumb, esp when they can articulate good reasons for doing so.
    I could call you an ignorant, small minded, fanboy...but I wont.
    Seefer has made it quite clear how much disdain he/she holds for other players.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Seefer has made it quite clear how much disdain he/she holds for other players.
    Actually he was talking to someone else and I just took it further, and not all players, just the cry babies, trade trolls and people who can't be bothered to learn their classes and roles, so about 74% of the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also feel that they are forced in order to progress, although Blizzard say they're not, I definitely feel that they are. Don't get me wrong, it's still your choice at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.
    They "felt" mandatory isn't the same as them being mandatory. Lots of people felt they had to do them even if they didn't in reality.

Personally the dailies never bothered me and i've even done them on alts... Takes about 5-7 days of dailies with klaxxi to get exalted if you have bought the increased rep item on your account and done dread wasts for example... Really not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They "felt" mandatory isn't the same as them being mandatory. Lots of people felt they had to do them even if they didn't in reality.
    Actually, functionally, they are pretty much the same. If something feels necessary, then not doing it will damage the satisfaction you have in playing the game, which is all the game is really about.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Did you see patch 5.2?
    They don't ignore customer feedback, even though I believe those customers are wrong.

Don't get me wrong! I despise dailies and simply refuse to do them.
    That's why I disagree with the opinion that "you are forced to do dailies".

Huh? Care to explain that..?
    Because at the moment it doesn't make any sense.
    Hmm. You were suggesting that the "dumb masses" didnt understand what optional meant. I was suggesting that maybe they do and to prove it they were treating the subscription fee as optional ie quitting.