Thread: DH or Wizard

DH or Wizard

Hello MMO,

I was wondering if I should continue playing my DH(Paragon lvl 16) finally got some gear and increased my dps by like 80k since I've came back recently or level up my 24 wizard to 60 and farm with him instead? I feel like a Wizard just has it so much easier, but DH play style is more of my thing, it being an archer and whatnot. I also got a Barb at paragon lvl 2, but it was too boring and went back to my DH. Maybe my need for variety is kicking in? What do you guys think?
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

10+ Year Old Account
    in your kitchen, stealing your peanut buttas
    If you like it, keep at it. I prefer DH myself honestly, but I'm a little masochistic.

Can't imagine why you'd need us to help you decide. My choice of class has endured because it has themes and mechanics I like and enjoy in the first place. Effectiveness only goes so far, and easy can get terribly boring. Play what grabs you, not the class that seems to have it best now.. because such things do change.

Deleted
    Wizard by a country mile they are way better in groups and they contribute to something in groups they also have one of the strongest most powerfull builds in the whole game at this given time(CMWW) + a super fast lvling build(Archon)!

Ya dh's really suck (mine is para51). Def roll a wizard, i got a 130k tick with blizzard yesterday.

They broke the dh's early with nerfs and never gave us something back. Now its over gear or kite like hell, no middle ground for the players skill like you have with other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Ya dh's really suck (mine is para51). Def roll a wizard, i got a 130k tick with blizzard yesterday.

They broke the dh's early with nerfs and never gave us something back. Now its over gear or kite like hell, no middle ground for the players skill like you have with other classes.
    IT was NEVER about damage its about the fact that DHs in groups have NEVER had anything to contribute every other class has something to add solo play ANY class will work just fine as long as you have the gear for it no one is here to argue with that. I am just giving the only reason I can think of that should make a person pick a class over another, if you are just planning to forever play alone class you play should not matter what so ever. Also DHs only ever got 2 damage nerfs and that was to trail of cinders and to nether tentcals.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    IT was NEVER about damage its about the fact that DHs in groups have NEVER had anything to contribute every other class has something to add solo play ANY class will work just fine as long as you have the gear for it no one is here to argue with that. I am just giving the only reason I can think of that should make a person pick a class over another, if you are just planning to forever play alone class you play should not matter what so ever. Also DHs only ever got 2 damage nerfs and that was to trail of cinders and to nether tentcals.
    Dh's have slows and stuns, they also received a nerf vs reflect damage in 1.05 where the damage was no longer dodgable.

We have had around 12 nerfs now, not just two. Im speaking from a day one standpoint, ss going from 3 secs to 1.5, attk speed was very bad for dh's, i could go on and on but i've given up on them unless i wanna speed run mp3, zzzz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Dh's have slows and stuns, they also received a nerf vs reflect damage in 1.05 where the damage was no longer dodgable.

We have had around 12 nerfs now, not just two. Im speaking from a day one standpoint, ss going from 3 secs to 1.5, attk speed was very bad for dh's, i could go on and on but i've given up on them unless i wanna speed run mp3, zzzz.
    Both examples aren't really good examples. One was a nerf to everyone's gear, if I understand what you're saying and you're referring to the attack speed bonus nerf from gear. The other one was more of a bug. Reflect damage shouldn't be avoidable at all.

Deleted
    Wizard.
    It's true pleasure too see how mobs melt when you fire archon.

Deleted
    I say Wizard too, my DH was my second 60 and i played him for 150 hours orso, but i love my wiz more then i ever liked my DH

Play the Wiz much more Fun :>

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Both examples aren't really good examples. One was a nerf to everyone's gear, if I understand what you're saying and you're referring to the attack speed bonus nerf from gear. The other one was more of a bug. Reflect damage shouldn't be avoidable at all.
    Barb = str = armor = mitigation
    Wiz/wd = intel = resists = mitigation
    Monk = 30% dr = mitigation
    DH = nothing after 1.05 because it "put too much stress" on their servers like the attk speed nerf.

Do you really think its fair that other classes have natural mitigation and the softest char in the game doesnt?

Im changing my comment on the DH. Swapped to calamity and thunderball (2.91 attk speed) and i can stun lock mobs, pretty darn fun and effective. Equivalent to the cm wizard.

Deleted
    wizzard all the way