Need help on heroic bladelord

My guild has been working on heroic blade lord for a long time now. (3-4 weeks+). Our best attempt was 9% so far. dps isnt an issue. We just die before we can kill him.

we dont rly have a core 10 man roster right now. We just see who is online and bring the best ppl. Usually its me (dk) tanking with our warrior or pally.. the warrior is MS dps but he tanks if we dont have a decent 2nd tank. our healers are a resto druid and usually a disc priest or a shaman. our dps are 1) lock 2) arc mage 3) arc mage 4) boomkin 5) the warrior 6) ele shaman.

We usually wipe on the first phase itself. We have gotten to 2nd phase thrice now but ppl die after we get to a corner and wait to heal up. it seems its just better if we run and let druid tranq us while running since our hp doesnt seem to increase much if we just wait there. We are dying a lot to windstep constantly hitting the healer again and again in succession or the slash not hitting everyone when we stack up.

We used to tank him in a corner but changed it midway yesterday to tanking him in middle on left side, then moving mid in middle and finally right side while dps/healers pick a corner and stay there. The major problem right now is our healers kept getting windstep 3-4 times in succession (sometimes the same healer) and would die sometimes as its immediately followed by another mechanic. other deaths include tanks dying to the assault if they werent toppped off which usually happened due to above mentioned issue.

the logs are:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/40qrp...das/dashboard/

As a dk i try not use boneshield on cd since i want to make sure its up for 2nd assault and our pally's hp is around 60k below mine so i taunt of him after 1 stack if mine falls off sometimes... other than that i dont rly have a raid utility to help out so i am kinda out of ideas what to do.. perhaps any of you guys can take a look and see what we are doing wrong? is there any way we can ensure the slash hits everyone since it often misses 1-2 ppl even tho we seem to be standing right on top of each other. and is there a way to make the boss windstep dps more than healers -_- he really loved windsteping our priest yesterday.
    Last edited by devilminion; 2013-03-01 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three heal this. Your DPS is not superior but you should be able to three heal it. Since your DPS is not that high I can feel the pain two healers must have in your group.

Make sure you are spreaded as much as possible to not let windstep hits more than one player. If the player with windstep does not have personal CD he should not move inside to get the Unseen Strike with others (unless he has the unseen strike on him obviously).

Spirit Shell should be almost up for every Unseen Strike so you can pretty much migitate all the damage it does.

Set one healer completely just for WINDSTEP so you stop wiping because of this silly stuff.

Use healthstones during the running to the other side in P2, use personal cds. Priest can use cascade while running + prayer of mending + shield everyone (since the whirlwind itself is easy to heal). If you have druid he can hot during the running, shaman even can heal WHILE RUNNING!

Found some our log for this fight. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-as...?s=1617&e=2023

Also found some old vid of our kill on my twitch channel from my POV. http://cs.twitch.tv/vashiq/b/357613318 Switch to time 00:28:40
    Last edited by Vashi; 2013-03-01 at 08:42 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

thx will take a look at it tonight. i am not sure if our dps is there with 3 heals but its worth trying as we keep wiping on windsteps etc as ppl werent topped off. Yeah we spread out well for windstep now so getting 2 ppl hit doesnt happen. we try to have spirit shell up eveyrtime but sometimes the priest kept getting windstepped and had to use big heals on him rather than use spirit shell effectively..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    thx will take a look at it tonight. i am not sure if our dps is there with 3 heals but its worth trying as we keep wiping on windsteps etc as ppl werent topped off. Yeah we spread out well for windstep now so getting 2 ppl hit doesnt happen. we try to have spirit shell up eveyrtime but sometimes the priest kept getting windstepped and had to use big heals on him rather than use spirit shell effectively..
    If he prayer of heals himself it won't be a problem with SS up, secondly grab a 3rd healer. If possible as your dps is lower, get a disc priest. We use to struggle on this but he dies quick in the execution phases. I was the main healer keeping SS up for every unseen strike, and covering the windstep's with shields etc. Your other disc priest can just dps and attonement will cover it.

When you're about to go into transition get your first priest to prestack SS and you will take hardly any damage, when you land get your other priest/raid members to SS or heal up etc and go for it.

Edit - Also just to add, your tactics now are right, if your healer get's windstep don't send him in. His absorbs from casting there will outweigh needing him in, unless (like blizz likes to do) he get's the unseen strike.
    Last edited by mmocf211dc2d80; 2013-03-01 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted

The two mages can Iceblock X2 to remove the Debuff and the Pally can BoP x2 to remove the debuff aswell for two other then the mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    had to use big heals on him rather than use spirit shell effectively..
    Can feel with the priest since you were two healing. Yea just three heal it. Enrage timer is not that tight on this. Good luck.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Seeder View Post
    The two mages can Iceblock X2 to remove the Debuff and the Pally can BoP x2 to remove the debuff aswell for two other then the mages.
    only if mages ever got windtsepped.. he srsly had a crush on our healers yesterday. every god damn wind step was on them =D. i suppose 3 healiing is the way to go then.

For sure 3 heal.

Also have Darkwater pots for the run part if you're struggling, the boost helps quite a lot. Start running back at 12-11 % boss HP using the sidestreams to speed you up and avoid tornadoes while a tank + dots push him to 10 %.

We even used to leave one healer waiting for people to return, he could keep healing the ones running to the other end while they were in range and be ready to burst heal the returning players. In the meanwhile two pally healers would zerg the tornadoes through bubble + speed boosts :P It's not really necessary but if you struggle, try something like it