Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Because things like World war 2 happen because of pride while there has never been a war or attempt at genocide because people were that afraid.
    It's not that easy to answer.

Hitler believed there was giant Jewish conspiracy behind any major world powers, secondly he believed that the jews are the lowest human race that just feed off superior races like parasites.

Hitler gave them a scapegoat to blame for the economical crisis in germany with some easy explanations that anyone could understand.

Hitler promised them work, property and anything else than the common german worker did not had during this time.

Secondly, Hitler was against democracy, at this point in history the democracy was hated in germany because many people believed that democrats "backstabbed" german forces in the 1st WW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolchsto%C3%9Flegende as you can see in those pictures, some blamed the jews there as well.

Germany was from a political standpoint not even close to stable, every 3-6 months new elections and such.

Many military officers supported hitler as well because he promised to break the treaty of versaille. (No Air Force, army is only followed to have 100.000 Soldiers, No Tanks and so forth)

I could go on with this list but if you want to simplify such a delicate topic by saying "Hitler used the German's Pride" i say you are wrong, he used their misery.

Hitler's pride influenced alot oh his decisions during 1930-1940s and you know how that turned out.
    During this timeframe he mostly established the Nazi State, arming the Wehrmacht (German Army during 1933-1945) and putting Jews, other "lesser" races and political opposition into camps.

His Pride, or rather Insanity catched up with him when the war started, overconfident with german success in Poland and French he started the russian invasion (We'll be back at Christmas, they said) and then his Insanity started kicking in when he refused to listen to the most basic advices of his generals.

Even though i totally jumped here on Godwin's law, i'd rather refrain from simplyfing such historical matters for the discussion of an Online Game, mostly because in real history there are much more factors that come into play.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-03-01 at 06:13 PM.

Can we please stop walking about WW2 and human history?

Dunno, proclaiming Pride as the mother of all evils sound like a self-righteous cliche to me. Wouldn't want to see that one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Everything you wrote is true. But in an abstract sense someone's heart can be at war, just like someone's heart can be at peace. Someone can be a war-liking person. And I think war and peace are strong themes in MoP. I think in a sense Garrosh is the embodiment of war, just like the Pandaren have incorporated peace.

In a poetic sense war can be felt throughout Azeroth right now.
    Thats basically just a warmonger. Like i said they usually like war because they are violent.
    They already used sha of war but since you cant use the word war as you dont technically feel war as an emotion they used a different word which is violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough discussion about human history. This is not about World War II

Deleted
    Thats basically just a warmonger. Like i said they usually like war because they are violent.
    They already used sha of war but since you cant use the word war as you dont technically feel war as an emotion they used a different word which is violence.
    You can't feel war like you feel anger and hope and happiness, but you can feel it in a more abstract way like summer or winter. War is more than just violence. And if you think about it, all of the 6 Sha are somehow present in war, which suppports the idea of the seventh Sha being a kind of overarching Sha.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-03-01 at 06:16 PM.

As I recall, "Pride" was the one flawed emotion Shao Hao seemed to exude after his full cleansing. As I recall, he was convinced he at reached his peak, etc. before joining himself with Pandaria in ToES. Pride has pluses, but it also has very serious negatives. (Easily visible in Garrosh) so I think it's likely Pride is the 7th Sha. It just makes sense.

You can't feel war like you feel anger and hope and happiness, but you can feel it in a more abstract way like summer or winter. War is more than just violence. And if you think about it, all of the 6 Sha are somehow present in war, which suppports the idea of the seventh Sha being a kind of overarching Sha.

And fear is the overarching emotion that leads to all the rest of the Sha. So really Fear seems to be the main sha. This new sha almost has to be something associated with fear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    And fear is the overarching emotion that leads to all the rest of the Sha. So really Fear seems to be the main sha. This new sha almost has to be something associated with fear.
    How does fear lead to everything else? And don't link any Yoda videos.

How does fear lead to everything else? And don't link any Yoda videos.
    Quite frankly, Yoda was right.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to violence, violence leads to death which causes despair.

Fear that you cannot do something or that you aren't worthy = doubt, doubt leads to despair

Fear of something that you don't understand often leads to violence

and in my opinion:
    Greed comes from fear of loss.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2013-03-01 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quite frankly, Yoda was right.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to violence, violence leads to death which causes despair.

Fear that you cannot do something or that you aren't worthy = doubt, doubt leads to despair

Fear of something that you don't understand often leads to violence
    It wasn't only fear that led to this war, it was also greed and many other things. Maybe in some instances more understandable things like revenge and even necessity. However just because some Star Wars character says it's like this, doesn't mean those emotional states can't be arranged in a different way. Despair can also lead to violence, which leads to anger etc.

It wasn't only fear that led to this war, it was also greed and many other things. Maybe in some instances more understandable things like revenge and even necessity. However just because some Star Wars character says it's like this, doesn't mean those emotional states can't be arranged in a different way. Despair can also lead to violence, which leads to anger etc.
    What leads to despair? These emotions aren't a line, they are a web with fear in the center. And as I said in the edit to my post, I think greed comes from fear as well.

And I am not saying this just because its a Star Wars quote. It was actually something totally unrelated to Star Wars that made me think about this months ago.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you can draw the conclusion Pride leads to fear, and further twist Yoda's quote around too.

Deleted
    What leads to despair? These emotions aren't a line, they are a web with fear in the center. And as I said in the edit to my post, I think greed comes from fear as well.

And I am not saying this just because its a Star Wars quote. It was actually something totally unrelated to Star Wars that made me think about this months ago.
    Except that you, or Yoda, organized them in a line. Fear --> Anger --> Hate --> Suffering

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Deadly sins don't apply to non-chatolics..
    But sin and emotion are two completely different things..

Also, I'm atheist, so no religious moral standards affect me,but even IF I subscribed to the idea of deadly sins, lust would still be a POSITIVE emotion, only with posible negative ramifications..
    I know these things. I also don't believe lust to be a bad thing; without it, our species would have died out long ago. Western culture has been historically and is currently dominated by Catholic values. For the regions dominated by Islamic values, lust is also a sin. Lust is also a sin in Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism, Brahma Kumaris, and some Paganism. That's a large majority of people.

I'm just answering your question as to how it is considered a negative emotion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    there is a better word than pride: Hubris, an extreme and negative type of pride..
    Hubris is pride against god, more than anything.

It was confirmed, front page. Under Gamebreaker and 4 bullet point down. "The seventh Sha will eventually be revealed."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Current Sha names I have seen in this thread (will edit if I missed any).

Pride
    Lust
    Insanity
    Madness
    War
    Chaos
    Wrath
    Terror/Destruction (mostly comical but potentially valid)
    and Hope/Peace
    to add to this we have
    Shame
    Strife
    I feel as though another was mentioned but it escapes me.
    Last edited by HeroZero; 2013-03-01 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    If the 7th sha would be in Garrosh, Then i can see that the fight will be, we kill garrosh in phase 1 or 2, and then in phase 3 The Sha comes out, and we need to fight him aswell.
    It could be that the seventh Sha was subdued and Sealed inside the Bell by the Mogu (Hence why the Bell has such fucking badass power). When it was destroyed, the Sha could've escaped, hiding itself in the closest person with very strong negative emotions which would be Garrosh. And that Sha could be feeding on Garrosh's emotions until it's powerful enough to take over and turn Orgrimmar into an abyss of Sha energy

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Anger, hatred, fear, doubt, pride, violence, despair... and when we combine all the seven Shas, we get Shariah...
    Or Captain Planet.