Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.
    You can always go back and do old content and they've been actively making old encounters more solo-friendly so I don't expect them to scale old raids. Seems like a lot of work for little payoff. I think they're more like to add old raids to the raid finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Player housing is never coming to WoW.
    Someone here could probably make a nice list of things that were 'never' coming to WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

The Dance studio they promised with wrath ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    You can always go back and do old content and they've been actively making old encounters more solo-friendly so I don't expect them to scale old raids. Seems like a lot of work for little payoff. I think they're more like to add old raids to the raid finder.

Someone here could probably make a nice list of things that were 'never' coming to WoW.
    I think player housing is going to be in the next expansion for sure.

That being said, I love your avatar and sig. I watched Nightrider all the time.

Deleted
    Player written scenarios.
    Scenarios made by players for players.

Directly stolen from star trek onlines Foundry feature.

Or we will just get peon that we can train up to get stuff.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    To all the people speculating "Player Housing" I give you this:
    Interview given by "Ghostcrawler" to Totem Spot - posted today - http://www.totemspot.com/vb/content....th-Greg-Street

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Is acquiring Sunsong Ranch an experiment with player housing?

No. We just didn’t like the fiction that for all your hard work, the place still belonged to Yoon. The reason we phase it (which is similar to just plopping it in an instance) is that sometimes gameplay works better when you’re alone. We don’t want to have an entirely instanced game, but we’ll do it when it makes sense.
    To do player housing right, we think there is an expectation for a lot of customization and a way to show off your house to other players. Sunsong Ranch doesn’t do either. Our biggest design challenge for doing player housing someday (aside from the production challenges of creating enough artistic content) is what role the house would serve. We like bustling cities and don’t want every player to just sit in their solo house all the time. In that respect, the farm did a good job of giving players a nice reward (typically Cooking or other profession materials) without replacing the cities or shrines as your gameplay hub.
    Sorry, if this has been posted in this thread already.

didn't read everything, but i'm with all the peeps who are guessing scaling raids, with a little twist.

in beta, they scaled your character stats to test the raids. they didn't scale the encounters, they scaled the players. i think this is what they are gonna implement: player scaling for old raids. it'll be an LFR for old raids that scale players to the appropriate levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Player housing is never coming to WoW. Ever. MoP was entirely about getting people out of cities into the world. Player housing would get players out of the world, out of cities, into a prison cell they can decorate with crap.

Player housing... desirable if everyone played on like 10 servers, instead of the 246 sparsely populated ones. We have.

Old instance scaling is never coming either.

As for what secret feature, I'm gonna go with a hybrid of Challenge modes and Brawlers guild. Kind of like brawlers guild with a group and a large number of random bosses based on past content.

sunsong ranch will keep getting expanded upon until it is in fact, player housing. personally i would like to see guild halls first. a place where your guild can go to chill, and decorate with achievements and kill trophies. put the phased zone into all the major cities, or even better, a floating zep that your guild can move to different areas of azeroth.
    eventually, pvp guilds can 'raid' other zepplins if they are marked for pvp as well. gloriousness.

but ya, blizz has said they dont plan on doing player housing, but if it a popular feature in another mmo (rift) then it will eventually make it into WoW. i cant think of too many features like this that blizz hasnt adapted in one way or another. i realized this when they started the process of shared target tags, which is a very positive and progressive mmo formula. soon i will say WoW will have lvling similar to GW2 in that everyone can help anyone kill npc's and get quest credit. at least for same faction players.

i say the 'new' content will be burning legion based. similar to 'rifts' or the dynamic zone events of GW2, we have pockets all over azeroth that get invaded by the burning legion and we have to go stop them at each spot. could be a large world-boss like encounter, or a small army of lesser npc's. each one stopped gives currency rewards and items that will assist your faction. this would fit into their plan to get players out into the world, provide a TON of new fights and encounters and add another element tot he questing system in game. make it an endgame lvl phase in each zone and it wont mess up 1-60 content either.

that would actually be an amazing way to handle world bosses in the future, as a chance spawn off an invading force. you'd have most guilds hunting down war spots, and less camping of one little area (galleon, something blizz saw as a mistake imo). put guild zepplins in the mix and now we got something :P
    Last edited by Djaye; 2013-03-01 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Some things they might add.

Just like cooking and blacksmithing they "upgrade" every profession in the game.
    It might have something to do with the war in Azeroth. Some kind of war effort.

I am positive for scaling for older raids and dungeons. In level 90 you can queue up for some challenge-like version of old raids or/and dungeons and when you enter, you are scaled down like it was/even better when that specific dungeon/raid was current.
    I don't know how they will make this with the 40 man raids, I don't think we want to see a LFR kind of thing with C'thun or Four Horsemen.

Edit: What about class achievements? Or more profession achievements?
    Last edited by mmocbeb9a9065c; 2013-03-01 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    It will patch the game so that every mob scales with the player making any zone levelable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.

2. Random Raid Finder. This may not be the feature they're talking about, but will probably be introduced in 5.3. Keep the older MoP raids alive, while giving players extra valor for completing a random raid.

3. Some kind of user created content. Highly unlikely, but had to put it here just in case. I hate to say player housing, because I don't think that fits w/ wow and devs have stated many times they don't like the idea, but something similar is probably to be expected. I honestly thing they are slowly testing the waters for this with sunsong ranch.

Just my 2 cents. Your thoughts?
    I don't think it will be the scaling of old raids/dungeons for two reasons;
    1) They specifically said "new" content, not revisited, revamped, or updated, but "new". If it was just scaling, this would give the haters an excuse to start the mother of all "rehash" tantrums.
    2) The old content is fine as it is. There is a huge number of people who solo some of the more recent old content for the challenge, and many more who solo the vanilla/TBC stuff for mounts, x-mog, and so on. Soloing is an endgame unto itself at this point, at least as much as the AH "minigame" and pet battles, if not like full raiding and PvP. This would kill that whole reason for people going back and seeing the old content.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Archolm View Post
    It will patch the game so that every mob scales with the player making any zone levelable.
    i would love this! its one of the huge draws of GW2 for me, but blizz has stated that too many people love the 'god-mode' of being endgame lvl and 1-shotting most mobs. something about a sense of power after your lvling experience.

i do think that they need to figure out a way to make the whole worlds of azeroth/outland/northrend/panderia relevent at endgame. my main hasnt had a reason to go to desolace, blades edge mountians, silithus etc. for years. all that work on 1-60 for cata, and how often do people get to see the zones? unless they just feel like going and flying over for nostalgias sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Caverns of time to your favorite expansion. Step through the portal and suddenly be back at level 60 with awful stat allocation and terrible talent trees.
    I know people just destroy the idea of throwback servers with extreme prejudice, but I would kinda like to see them in some capacity. Not mechanics wise, but I would love to play 1-80 on a sever that uses current talents/mechanics/etc, but the old Azeroth maps and questlines, pre-cataclysm. Then at 80 you jump to a another server that has all the post-cata geography. It would fix some of the timeline issues, as well as give a little bit of that sense of "holy balls!" that came when you logged on after cata and saw all the drastic changes.

TL;DR
    I wouldn't mind throwback servers lore/setting wise, as long as they use current mechanics. I miss the scenery not the headaches.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Cross faction game play is my bet.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Deleted
    Of course the real money auction house, hue hue... just joking. :P

I hope for scaling mobs so you can level wherever you want, only wish thinking here, so would be playing between both factions as I play on an rp server and this would be neat.

It probably will be something minor, I can't put my finger on it though.

Could the unannounced feature be using the Caverns of Time to go back to old Azeroth? Or old dungeons pre-revamp

Deleted
    They'll probably copy paste some feature from GW2. So dynamic events I guess.

Hozen Knife fights. My bet is on Hozen Knife fights... and Jinyu with Freekin' Lazers on their heads. pew pew!

Hmm, Maybe Tiered WoW Racing Circuits. You get to upgrade your mount, and better mounts are available through the process.
    Flying Circuits, Ground Circuits. Who knows maybe the Turtle Shell, and Banana could be pickups.

That would be new content, would involve Mounts, which are mostly unused, add massive and endlessly scalable content.
    and would bring people together into a whole new arena of competition.

Ladders, Server best times, World best times. Racing is a big deal for a lot of people, some people could care less.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2013-03-01 at 10:36 PM.

WoW is going F2P and they're adding in a cash shop that you can buy Skylander decals to put on your gear.

The rage this would incite would be hilarious.

Really though, maybe we'll see some air combat or something. Dragons shooting fireballs? It could be interesting and maybe even have a CTF BG over a volcano or something.
    Carrier dies->Flag has slow fall->Swooping catch over the lava->siiiiiiiiick
    Last edited by xxf2dxx; 2013-03-01 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    OH! OH! changing available dungeon roles with a glyph! lol?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Caverns of Time with Downscaled Players/Upscaled loot. And all Old raidinstances

Tons and tons of things to do