Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Maybe the new models?
    Yes! I too think that the new feature will probably be the "New Character Models". New Skeleton, New Models, New Textures.

Maybe it has something to do with the situation with old content or/and the leveling? I mean, the feel of leveling, exploring the world and so on. This week I have, as I often do, travelled to outland, northrend and around in Azeroth for old raids/dungeons for transmog gear, achivs, pets for my hunter and more. I started to think about all this content, all this huuge space and so few in it and the story in all of these places is old and do not fit the current expansion.

I thought to myself "this is something Blizzard should do something about one day". I now believe they will do something about it. What they will do? No idea, but I believe they will do something with the huge landmass we have out there that is mostly empty. And no, I dont mean "instant lvl 85" or supermegafast leveling(fast already hehe).
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I could think the new unannounced feature could have something to do with "Public Quests", or "Dynamic Events", if you will, as they are developing the technology of shared tagging of mobs further in 5.2. I don't really know how that could quickly offer huge amounts of new content as Blizzard is saying though..

Unless.. come patch 6.0 and huge dynamic Burning Legion invasions start happen all over Azeroth (in the form of dynamic events)..
    I certainly hope not. They tried that in Guild Wars 2 and it was such a buggy, non-functional mess that it killed the enjoyment for most everyone who bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    I certainly hope not. They tried that in Guild Wars 2 and it was such a buggy, non-functional mess that it killed the enjoyment for most everyone who bought it.
    Indeed. If it ever was fun, it was for a short periode of time in the beginning when you could look past how clunky it was.

I doubt it will be dynamic events.. Tbh, im still kinda confused what "dynamic events" REALLY means for us players in a game.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    I'm leaning more and more towards running old raids and having them scaled up to a relevant difficulty to your character given the hints. Whether or not you consider that new or old content might depend a lot on your point of view. Face it, there are a lot of people in the game now that have never run any of the BC raids in a sizable group with difficulty being relevant. So new for them.

Since Blizzard considers Heroic Raids as different content than Normal Raids it's easy enough to imagine that running old raids at 90 and not being able to solo them would be 'new' as far as they're concerned.
    The raids will not ´scale up´ to us.. we will scale down to them. Your gear will be downgraded to an appropriate ilvl (exactly like is done in challenge modes). And our players will scale down to them ( ie 60 for MC etc).

The big quest is if we keep all of our abilities, they just do less damage, or if abilities will suddenly drop off our hotbars when we become level 60. In other words, will hunters have a weak version of Glaive Toss, or will they have no version. That is a bit tough because it will force players to relearn a lot of their rotation and stuff for just a quick dungeon or two.

I hope it is old lfr raids and I hope they put lots of gear behind it so I have another "alternative" gear path. Effectively just replacing dungeons with raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Patch 5.4:

Introducing Collectible Hairstyles and Ink!
    After years of careful research and focus groups, the Goblin BarberShops have now opened a Tattoo Parlor in their venues. Additionally, there will now be a random selection of daily quests available in the Barber and Tattoo shops that will send the player to one of 300 potential locations (these can be raids, dungeons, battlegrounds, arenas or even locations in the open world itself!) where they will be tasked with finding and defeating special quest NPCs that will allow them to scalp their hair and take it back to the barber for study -- unlocking brand new hairstyles for the player character. Likewise, Tattoo dailies will require you to find examples of cultural inking and photograph it with the all new "Gx32000b Ink Preserver" camera. Turning in these photos will unlock all new Tattoo options for the player to show off their hardcore nature.
    I love it. Bring it!

I originally thought that when someone mentioned a "dance studio" so you could program your character for their own dance that it would pretty fucking dumb and a waste of resources. On second thought, it would be pretty damn fun. I am not one for bullshit things like farmville and pet battles but damn..having an original dance step would be awesome.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Predicting epic quality gear will drop with no stats,, just potential. With a gear UI that will alllow you to adjust the pieces attributes. Same armor level, 3 radio buttons for str, int or agi. And a a bunch of slide bars for secorndary stats. Item chants, gems, and all enhancement will not be consumed on use.

Thats my pipe dream.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    I told you downlevelling was the next feature here 2 months ago:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...leaked-feature
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onna-be-(poll)

but you all laughed at me and ignored me.

i just wanted to let you all know that you were wrong, and i was right.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    I told you downlevelling was the next feature here 2 months ago:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...leaked-feature
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onna-be-(poll)

but you all laughed at me and ignored me.

i just wanted to let you all know that you were wrong, and i was right.
    There's no threads there. But nobody believes you anyway

I'm hoping for new models. I really am. I've been waiting to race change in anticipation for them.

Personally? My thought would be player designed dungeons/scenarios a la infamous 2. I don't think I'd really be too big on it, but when they mention it will have a LOT of content for players to explore, that's what I think....

I am really surprised no one thought of this since most other MMO have it

Dying gear different colors, or parts of gear different colors.

By far one of my favorite things in rift, being able to customize any piece of gear to fit your color needs. Yes, that includes hot pink and neon green.

ITS THE NEW PLAYER MODELS! Calling it now!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Pets can now evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    I am really surprised no one thought of this since most other MMO have it

Dying gear different colors, or parts of gear different colors.

By far one of my favorite things in rift, being able to customize any piece of gear to fit your color needs. Yes, that includes hot pink and neon green.
    I don't they'll do this, honestly. They've said they hated the idea. That's why we have transmog.

Well they said new content. So I don't really think just making it easier to group up with people for old raids classifies as new content. I think it's going to be something nobody expects.

Really hoping they're not adding any more sources of transmog gear until they actually bother looking into sorting out the current storage space issues; constantly having to choose things to delete all the time just to make some free space is not fun.

Heaven forbid them adding more challenge modes as they can't balance them (far harder if you have the wrong class of tank, or bring melee - the whole class/spec > player thing). They also very much only appeal to a minority.

Not really interested in any shape or form of rehashed old raids/downleveling either... probably because I've already seen everything since Kara and I don't really want to see it again while pretending it's new content; I guess it appeals more to the newer players who didn't raid when they were current, so it's certainly a possible idea if Bliz mainly wants to appeal to the 'new guys'.

Personally, I'm going to hope this new feature is some sort of server side xmog wardrobe storage - if it comes with player housing that would be an extra bonus (don't class the farm as player housing as it has f all customisation). Transmog seems very popular compared to lets say, challenge modes and they acknowledged there's chronic space issues for a lot of longtime players.

But we all know it'll be something totally disappointing like a guild tabard revamp, or cross faction grouping, or xrz in Pandaria...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Well they said new content. So I don't really think just making it easier to group up with people for old raids classifies as new content. I think it's going to be something nobody expects.
    The ability to control the speed of your mounts, instead of always having to go at full speed.