Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Heroes of Warcraft" Blizzard aquiring domain name. Is this actually a game?

A quick google search of "Heroes of Warcraft" leads to articles mentioning that Blizzard is attempting to get the domain "Heroes of Warcraft", or atleast tried to November 2012 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-20-blizzard-swoops-on-heroes-of-warcraft-domain

I googled it because I was reading about the creation of WC1 (http://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/the-...arcraft-part-2) when I stumbled across this:

"Briefly, Warcraft III started out as a game called Heroes of Warcraft, which departed from the type of traditional RTS we had already launched five times before (W1, W2:ToD, W2:BtDP, SC, SC:BW) and was instead a squad-based tactical combat game set in the Warcraft universe."

Any speculations???
    Last edited by Chaosshadow; 2013-03-01 at 11:29 AM.

Either they have something up their sleeves, or they're pulling a very typical corporate move and acquiring any domain names that pertain to their product.

It's a cool concept though.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Maybe it has something to do with a new Warcraft RTS? Some speculate that Blizz will someday make a Warcraft 4 and so on :3

Deleted
    isn't that the name of blizzards dota game?

edit: nvm thats blizzard all stars

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyberrybakery View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with a new Warcraft RTS? Some speculate that Blizz will someday make a Warcraft 4 and so on :3
    We can only hope, PAX east can't come soon enough.

Deleted
    Maybe... maybe *wishful thinking* VANILLA SERVERS?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    isn't that the name of blizzards dota game?

edit: nvm thats blizzard all stars
    No, thats Blizzard AllStar
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I'll join you on that wishful thinking. That would be just awesome.

There's been a rumor floating around for awhile that is, admittedly, most likely wishful thinking - a console MOBA game that features battleground style combat with character classes that are 'streamlined' console versions of their WoW counterparts.

Holy shit, that would be awesome!

15+ Year Old Account
    We can only hope for the Jewel that WarCraft IV would become. T.T
    Druid since Feb. 06

After giving it a bit of thought, I actually still think its related to the original idea for Heroes of Warcraft. Either a hero-only rts for the computer or who knows, it might even be for ipad. (Battleheart for the IPAD is just warcraft heroes playing 5man dungeon and it totally worked) Why else would they call it the same name as the old idea?

Either way its not the DOTA(Blizzard All-Stars), and its probably not Warcraft 4 I remember recently, Blizzard has mentioned that WC4 was only talked about in high concept very recently.
    Last edited by Chaosshadow; 2013-03-01 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    There's been a rumor floating around for awhile that is, admittedly, most likely wishful thinking - a console MOBA game that features battleground style combat with character classes that are 'streamlined' console versions of their WoW counterparts.
    As someone before said that's Blizzard all-star, that game doesn't only have warcraft character but it also have diablo and starcraft characters

Maybe it's the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    As someone before said that's Blizzard all-star, that game doesn't only have warcraft character but it also have diablo and starcraft characters
    Blizzard all star is basically blizzard's Dota - traditional Dota gameplay and on PC. What I'm talking about is basically a console game that features the equivalent of WoW's PVP battlegrounds.

That would be a total waste.

The description seems pretty clear.. it was the name they wanted to give Wc3 but they changed directions and dropped it.

I wish blizzard would release a new warcraft rts. I love the warcraft realm but wow is so dry now...I would love a new game for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    We can only hope for the Jewel that WarCraft IV would become. T.T
    After D3...kinda holding my enthusiasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping for a MOBA-Warcraft hybrid you control only your hero but u can build stuff to reinforce the waves of creeps, summon different units etc also single player campaign ofc