Poll: Might Dalaran land there?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    pretty sure the proper application of fire can fix that
    And then you get an alliance-aligned charred wasteland. Smart use of resources, yo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    And then you get an alliance-aligned charred wasteland. Smart use of resources, yo!
    Westfall can take it. I mean it's not like they are having their own issues...wait a sec.

But seriously good in theory but bad in practice.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Occasionally you have to set fire to the fields, because the ashes serve as fertilizer for future plantings and also remember that fire purifies, eliminating annoying pests...

That is, the ashes of today are the crops of the future! Lordaeron will burn, and rise again from its ashes the most powerful human kingdom on the face of Azeroth! The Forsaken finally will return to become part of the earth, from where they should never have left...

PS: The charred zombies are an excellent compost ... umm delicious and juicy fruits will be grown on these lands ...
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-04 at 08:15 PM.

I like the not landing idea. If you gotta put it somewhere have go to DWM but hover. Why would you ever even consider giving up the strategic advantage of being a floating city?

Hopefully they don't have a Draenei to pilote the thing :|.

I like the idea of a moving city too, reminsd of of flying Gardens in FF8 .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    I like the not landing idea. If you gotta put it somewhere have go to DWM but hover. Why would you ever even consider giving up the strategic advantage of being a floating city?
    Considering that probably in the not too distant the gnomes will establish their capital in a technologically super-advanced floating city (like the trolls will settle in Zuldazar) and considering that the capital of the draenei is a spaceship ... it would be foreseeable that Dalaran lands: there would be too flying cities...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Occasionally you have to set fire to the fields, because the ashes serve as fertilizer for future plantings and also remember that fire purifies, eliminating annoying pests...

That is, the ashes of today are the crops of the future! Lordaeron will burn, and rise again from its ashes the most powerful human kingdom on the face of Azeroth! The Forsaken finally will return to become part of the earth, from where they should never have left...

PS: The charred zombies are an excellent compost ... umm delicious and juicy fruits will be grown on these lands ...
    Yes, because the corpses of plague-ridden zombies are what any crop needs!

But I honestly think that the Forsaken might have a "salt the earth" policy. If they find themselves cornered, I think they are the kind of folk that would just blow everything with plague out of spite,

PS: Lordaeron is dead as a dornail, please deal.

That would be giving Alliance another capital city. And not just any city, but the most awesome city in the game.

And if by doing that they decide it is best to remove Dalaran from Northrend, thus taking the best city in the game permanently from Horde?

No, thanks. Not before we kill Jaina and restore Dalaran to its neutral stage.

No way man...they won't move it, and it's to close to sw

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the corpses of plague-ridden zombies are what any crop needs!
    Any manure is good no matter where it comes.

But I honestly think that the Forsaken might have a "salt the earth" policy. If they find themselves cornered, I think they are the kind of folk that would just blow everything with plague out of spite,
    Yes, and after rubbing salt on earth they are thrown into the bonfires themselves, as Sylvanas saw in her vision of the future...

In fact the Alliance also have the best druid in the world and the greatest paladins to proceed to the purity of these lands.

PS: Lordaeron is dead as a dornail, please deal.
    Hope is the last thing to go, and while there is a single living human, the hope of recover Lordaeron will prevail...

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    That would be giving Alliance another capital city. And not just any city, but the most awesome city in the game.

And if by doing that they decide it is best to remove Dalaran from Northrend, thus taking the best city in the game permanently from Horde?

No, thanks. Not before we kill Jaina and restore Dalaran to its neutral stage.
    Never ever! At least not now that Jaina has finally shown of what part she is....

Dalaran and the Kirin Tor have always been, are and will forever be an intrinsic part of the Alliance. Its temporary feigned neutrality has served only for its own leader dies.

Indeed, one could say that if Lordaeron was the spiritual core of the Alliance, Dalaran has been always the mind behind the Alliance itself. Every important decision concerning the Alliance was pondered in the Violet Citadel.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-04 at 08:55 PM.

Put it over theramore isle

10+ Year Old Account
    Any manure is good no matter where it comes.

Yes, and after rubbing salt on earth they are thrown into the bonfires themselves, as Sylvanas saw in her vision of the future...

In fact the Alliance also have the best druid in the world and the greatest paladins to proceed to the purity of these lands.

Hope is the last thing to go, and while there is a single living human, the hope of recover Lordaeron will prevail...
    Unless they get Alextrasza to burn them, I don't think that normal fire eradicates the plague. Southshore is inhabitable.

Instead of regrowing plague ridden dead lands, the alliance should for once make the living situation better where their subjects NEED it. Westfall is close to be a wasteland, the druids should be trying to make that land fertile instead of going on a fool's errand.

There's hope and there's delusion; hold on to the past, or move on.

1 - charred zombies just rise as flaming skeletons;
    2 - their undead remains will just plague the land;
    3 - the forsaken are too much of an invincible juggernaut right now for anyone to burn lordaeron;
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that both of you overestimate the Forsaken...

Do you know the flammable power that decaying human flesh has?

The fire purifies, as well knew the Scarlet Crusade. And there is no need of magic fire to exterminate zombies, with normal fire they'll burn quickly!

Furthermore, the fire will burns out them completely and there won't remain anything but ashes... that may not be used for anything other than as harmless fertilizer.

And once the plague of zombies is history, only the time will heal the land and all may be reestablished, as is happening in the Plaguelands today.

The time will come, the sylvanas vision will come true, but Varian will not be alone, if not he will be accompanied by a beautiful woman with golden hair... a woman of royal blood...

Maybe there are other more important objectives for the Alliance before recapture Lordaeron, but the turn of this issue will come in a timely manner, that's for sure.

You really think blizz is going to add a Alliance capitol and not add a horde one? No, this is why Gnomer is still not a city

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that both of you overestimate the Forsaken...

Do you know the flammable power that decaying human flesh has?

The fire purifies, as well knew the Scarlet Crusade. And there is no need of magic fire to exterminate zombies, with normal fire they'll burn quickly!

Furthermore, the fire will burns out them completely and there won't remain anything but ashes... that may not be used for anything other than as harmless fertilizer.

And once the plague of zombies is history, only the time will heal the land and all may be reestablished, as is happening in the Plaguelands today.

The time will come, the sylvanas vision will come true, but Varian will not be alone, if not he will be accompanied by a beautiful woman with golden hair... a woman of royal blood...

Maybe there are other more important objectives for the Alliance before recapture Lordaeron, but the turn of this issue will come in a timely manner, that's for sure.
    Normal fire can't destroy plague, only alextrasza's fire can bring forth life.

Still, that's not the point. Retaking Lordaeron just seems a waste of resources when there are so much more immediate places of conflict between horde and alliance.

Lordaeron is very low priority, and zealousness over it's retaking is just naive and laughable, for real.

Feed the people in Westfall first, get rid of the orcs on Redridge, Retake Stormgarde and Sthanbrad to create a foothold on the Alterac Mountains, THEN you can start thinking on retaking the dilapidated, good for nothing, plague ridden mess that is Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't really see that happening.
    The Westfall Crater is too close to Stormwind to up and stick another capital city there. Plus, it would be in a very odd place. Two human capitals? It would be terrible for city traffic, as it would be divided between Dalaran and Stormwind in a relatively small area. So it's just not a good spot.
    Some other possibilities that I've thought of and seen on this page are:
    1.) Being put back into the Dalaran Crater
    As has been said, this would extremely advantageous to the Alliance and storyline as a whole. This would bring the battle to the ever-expanding Forsaken and renew the fight between the Horde and Alliance, which has been Blizzard's goal since Cataclysm. Though I am unsure if this would become a human capital or possibly (and quite logically) a High Elven capital.
    This option opens the door for a ton other possibilities, such as the Worgen going back to Gilneas, though this would be an issue due to there being a higher number of Alliance capitals than Horde should Gilneas City be restored. While that possibility is a little less likely, it is plausible that this could be a staging event for the high elven race coming into the Alliance, with their starting area being somewhere up in Lordaeron, given the High Elven presence in the Hinterlands. This would set up a great battle area in Lordaeron, with the Forsaken and Blood Elves(?) battling the Humans, High Elves, and Gilnean Humans of the Alliance for land.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I had thought - given the timing - that Dalaran would be heading off to Thunder Isle to tie in with the new patch.

That doesn't seem like it is happening.

Offhand, I'd suggest only two obvious possibilities

1: Theramore. Largely reclaimed by the Alliance, the presence of Dalaran would be a good way to bolster the area and by putting in a straight swap, there'd be limited disruption to the area.

2: The Dalaran Crater. Dalarans business in Northrend is largely finished. But there is business to conduct at home. The Forsaken are on the March and they have attacked Dalaranian interests in the area. It may be time for the Kirin Tor to go home and safeguard the people and lands it left behind. If Sylvanas is to have a role in MoP, then this may be a way to bring the war to her and the Arathi Highlands are still waiting their update. Bringing the Worgen back to Gilneas woudl also help withe their story and their development a LOT.

Other areas don't seem too likely. I said Arathi needed a revamp....Silithus does as well. There are Dalaranian intesrst in Nethergarde that are also under attack by Horde forces and Nethergarde may be a decent place for initial battle with the legion. Maybe Dalaran crater is too close to Capital City so having Dalaran hover over Storm is an idea. Bringing Dalaran to the Siege of Orgimmar, an almost literal Sword of Damocles could also occur. Or there is the possibility of Jaina having her own plans we know little of.

EJL
    Completely agree, tactically there's no reason to land Dalaran in Westfall.

Not to mention that practically, having a second city next to Stormwind, as someone mentioned, is a bit... weird to say the least. I think a lot could be done with Dalaran, be it as quest hub or actual city, and little of that has place in Westfall when that zone has a very specific storyline as it is.

Deleted
    Lordaeron is very low priority, and zealousness over it's retaking is just naive and laughable, for real.
    Agreed, it's... a silly notion, trying to 'reclaim' Lordaeron (which in itself is a questionable action, since many of the same people that owned Lordaeron in life technically own it now as well) just to lose it again, because you have no way of defending it, crops won't grow properly anywhere near the capital, you're forced to hold the ruins of a dreary city where ANYTHING could be hiding in the cellar... I'm really not seeing the appeal. Not enough for it to be a priority target.

A little correction, Calia was never really beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Agreed, it's... a silly notion, trying to 'reclaim' Lordaeron (which in itself is a questionable action, since many of the same people that owned Lordaeron in life technically own it now as well) just to lose it again, because you have no way of defending it, crops won't grow properly anywhere near the capital, you're forced to hold the ruins of a dreary city where ANYTHING could be hiding in the cellar... I'm really not seeing the appeal. Not enough for it to be a priority target.
    Beyond sentimental value, Lordaeron is useless to the Alliance more pressing matters. Simple as that.

A little correction, Calia was never really beautiful.
    I really hate the whole "Calia, Queen of Lordaeron" idea. She has been MIA for almost a decade, she doesn't give a crap.