Thread: Banning people

Banning people

Please oh plea add something that will show why a person was banned from the forum. I was reading a thread recently about hunters missing the protector buff and found that one of the few people who, was bothering to try have a counter argument was banned. Look while people make mistakes it would really help those in the forum speak out against excessive use of banning and also shed some light as to what ends in a ban.

Maybe also add something to ask a morator to unban an account that has been via evidence given.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

People who are banned can appeal their ban.

See the FAQ as far as discussing why people were banned.

I know the rules about what constitutes a ban but it would be nice if the signature could be changed to either link to the offending post or give a reason for the banned person
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

You can find this most of the time if you really want to by searching for their posts from their profile and looking for warnings that a mod added to their post. People are banned mostly for repeated rule violations, not just one offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    You can find this most of the time if you really want to by searching for their posts from their profile and looking for warnings that a mod added to their post. People are banned mostly for repeated rule violations, not just one offense.
    To expand upon what chaud is saying, here is a link to our FAQ which contains information on how infractions/bans work:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...es_infractions

15+ Year Old Account
    Moderation of specific users/posts isn't open for public discussion because there's nothing that can be done about it publicly. You can usually find an infraction from the in-post warning/note that a mod leaves, and you can see the severity and type of an infraction by clicking on the red card icon at the bottom right corner of the post.

If you have issues with your own infraction, you're welcome to either PM any mod (if you're not banned yet) or post in the ban appeal forum (if you are) and all of the mods will discuss whether the infraction was correct.

If you have feedback on someone else's infraction, a specific mod, or moderation in general, you're welcome to PM me. It will help if you have links to specific examples so that I have a starting point; there's not much I can do with "everything sucks".

Well at least I know more about the workings so I can actually so something and at least I also understand better how to figure out what they did.

Thanks for taking the time to reply