Page 1 of 3
LastLast

beast cleave buff yay

rather beast cleave for real though

All they need to do for it to be usefull now is let it hit with Kill command and extend the buff to ~10-12 seconds instead of 4. Then we'd have a real "cleave" spec :s.

mhmm, was hoping for a bigger buff, but a buff is a buff I guess. I still remember when beastcleave was like 70% in beta (or was it 100% originally?)

the buff is good but this increment in beast cleave damage not gonna put bm aoe at the same level of survival, is more a buff for the bm lovers not gonna cry about aoe, i gonna say that is more a "compensation buff".

silly question, but Im new to huntering in mop, and dont use BM!

If you popped stampede and then multi shotted.. would this buff apply to ALL your pets at that time?

Should be 100% XD

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    silly question, but Im new to huntering in mop, and dont use BM!

If you popped stampede and then multi shotted.. would this buff apply to ALL your pets at that time?
    No, only your real pet.

OT: Silly buff for a niche AoE skill. Pet requires to be attacking the target and sometimes your pet is outside the pack and causes half of the damn cleaves to "miss".
    SV is still king, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    All they need to do for it to be usefull now is let it hit with Kill command and extend the buff to ~10-12 seconds instead of 4. Then we'd have a real "cleave" spec :s.
    IMO they should make Serpent Spread baseline in addition to this. SV would still be superior in mass AoE situations dude to ISS and the increase damage from the sting, However BM would be good enough to not be forced to swap every time they add and additional mob
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-03-02 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    IMO they should make Serpent Spread baseline in addition to this. SV would still be superior in mass AoE situations dude to ISS and the increase damage from the sting, However BM would be good enough to not be forced to swap every time they add and additional mob
    Not sure surv would be stronger through ISS. You're undervalueing how hard the pet actually hits =P.
    But letting the pet cleave for 100% if less than 4 targets (so on 2-3 target fights), along with splitting KC damage, would make for a proper cleave mechanic, atleast. One thats worth spending 40 focus every 10-12 sec to keep "up".

Not sure surv would be stronger through ISS. You're undervalueing how hard the pet actually hits =P.
    But letting the pet cleave for 100% if less than 4 targets (so on 2-3 target fights), along with splitting KC damage, would make for a proper cleave mechanic, atleast. One thats worth spending 40 focus every 10-12 sec to keep "up".
    i am just not a fan of SV, i prefer the BM playstyle since i have to have a pet... so i dn't like being forced to be SV for certain fights

i am just not a fan of SV, i prefer the BM playstyle since i have to have a pet... so i dn't like being forced to be SV for certain fights
    It's the exact same spec. I don't get how people can "like one" better than another.
    Outlining -
    Serpent sting = Serpent sting.
    Cobra shot = Cobra shot.
    Kill command = Explosive shot (6s cd nuke).
    Focus fire = Black arrow (button used every 20-30 seconds).
    Kill shot = Kill shot.
    Murder of Crows = Murder of Crows.
    Arcane Shot = Arcane Shot.
    Glaive toss = Glaive toss.
    Dire beast = Fervor (30 sec cd on a focus builder).

The differences between the two specs are Beastial Wrath (use on cooldown every minute, cast less cobra shots the next 10/16 seconds), and Lock and Load procs (spam your main nuke 3 times in a row when it lights up). That is the entire difference between the two specs.
    Are you serious that having a 1 min CD that lets you throw out a few less Cobra shots makes the spec far more preferable to one where you mash your main nuke a few times in a row once in awhile? It... Just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention Surv is far more versatile than BM, given it's new found "multi dotting" ability.
    If you want to change BM to make it better than it is, atleast hope they give it a more original mechanic than serpent sting on top of multishots. As I said, let beast cleave become an actual cleave when a multishot is fired off for a few secs - let hunters actually parttake in what physical classes does best.

It's the exact same spec. I don't get how people can "like one" better than another.
    Outlining -
    Serpent sting = Serpent sting.
    Cobra shot = Cobra shot.
    Kill command = Explosive shot (6s cd nuke).
    Focus fire = Black arrow (button used every 20-30 seconds).
    Kill shot = Kill shot.
    Murder of Crows = Murder of Crows.
    Arcane Shot = Arcane Shot.
    Glaive toss = Glaive toss.
    Dire beast = Fervor (30 sec cd on a focus builder).

The differences between the two specs are Beastial Wrath (use on cooldown every minute, cast less cobra shots the next 10/16 seconds), and Lock and Load procs (spam your main nuke 3 times in a row when it lights up). That is the entire difference between the two specs.
    Are you serious that having a 1 min CD that lets you throw out a few less Cobra shots makes the spec far more preferable to one where you mash your main nuke a few times in a row once in awhile? It... Just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention Surv is far more versatile than BM, given it's new found "multi dotting" ability.
    If you want to change BM to make it better than it is, atleast hope they give it a more original mechanic than serpent sting on top of multishots. As I said, let beast cleave become an actual cleave when a multishot is fired off for a few secs - let hunters actually parttake in what physical classes does best.
    i dislike SV because RNG dictates your DPS not how well you play the spec. You cvan play it perfectly right beside the guy next to you and if he gets netter LnL RNG he wins. I just have never been a fan of relying on RNG to not suck. BM is not propigated by RNG, if you play it right you do consistantly well.

i dislike SV because RNG dictates your DPS not how well you play the spec. You cvan play it perfectly right beside the guy next to you and if he gets netter LnL RNG he wins. I just have never been a fan of relying on RNG to not suck. BM is not propigated by RNG, if you play it right you do consistantly well.
    If you play SV right, you do consistantly well too. The difference between great and well is the same for both specs.
    Not to mention that BM has just as many RNG-factors as SV does - Chance on crit to boost your pets damage, chance on pet melee hit to regen focus, frenzy stacks not building up (surv gets the focus that BM gets from their pet, through serpent sting ticks as long as its kept up, meaning it's a consistent thing rather than BM's RNG).
    You just don't notice the BM RNG-factors as much as you do Surv, because the BM doesn't come out and flash you in the face telling you "you won the lottery, fire your nuke!"

Deleted
    Draco spot on as always. Nice change on blizzards part, 'tho they could do something to MM before tuesday

10+ Year Old Account
    They have done a ton to bring MM in-line with BM and SV. Just because they don't constantly re-iterate every change on the PTR with each set of notes doesn't mean they just dropped the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Problem is the changes are not enough, since they toned down the chimera buff MM is still behind on single target and aoe, so what did they do exactly?
    Why would anyone play it when the other specs bring so much more?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexy View Post
    Problem is the changes are not enough, since they toned down the chimera buff MM is still behind on single target and aoe, so what did they do exactly?
    Why would anyone play it when the other specs bring so much more?
    Our ele shaman linked me this today: http://tomikadzi.id1945.com/resultsT15.html
    I don't know if he's done the simulations himself or where he got it from (although it seems likely, considering the link is to a domain containing his name), and if he did, they're probably more than a little flawed as I can't imagine he went to alot of effort to get everyone their BiS/optimal reforges and enchants, so some margin of error is to be assumed (I can see the simulation for Surv is done with Dire Beast instead of Fervor, meaning that the surv one is probably off by 3-5K, putting it right beside MM).
    But looking at that, MM seems pretty competitive, even with the "tweaks" they did.

Deleted
    I hope you're right Draco, but I have a feeling it could be ds all over again when MM was simming higher and got destroyed by surv

Quote Originally Posted by Hexy View Post
    I hope you're right Draco, but I have a feeling it could be ds all over again when MM was simming higher and got destroyed by surv
    The main reason for that was impossible ISS uptimes, cancelled Aimed shots due to movement, and if true (I haven't actually checked, but someone said it was happening), Piercing Shot munching. Two of those three things have been sorted now (ISS lasts longer, Aimed shot can be casted on the move + has a shorter cast time), and the last can be worked around (time it so that you never fire an instant chimera or aimed shot after a casted steady or aimed shot, so they do not hit at the same time).

Deleted
    The main reason for that was impossible ISS uptimes, cancelled Aimed shots due to movement, and if true (I haven't actually checked, but someone said it was happening), Piercing Shot munching. Two of those three things have been sorted now (ISS lasts longer, Aimed shot can be casted on the move + has a shorter cast time), and the last can be worked around (time it so that you never fire an instant chimera or aimed shot after a casted steady or aimed shot, so they do not hit at the same time).
    Is this the reason why I sometimes read that "MM always performs way under sims results"?