Upgrade taoren 2x or keep the valor

I know there's already a thread regarding this topic,but its for the heroic version of the weapon

Yesterday i got taoren normal version from the 3rd boss in Terrace i got the gem on it that i had saved in bank,and i was wondering if i should upgrade it to 504 before the patch comes out becouse the npc will me removed or keep the valor for the next patch.
    I only have 2k valor before the patch comes out,should i upgrade it or keep it?

Im not sure how fast i will be able to get my hands on a 522 weapon in 5.2 becouse i doubt my guild will clear it on the first week and i don't have that much gear so i could use some upgrades in the first week of 5.2.if you guys could help me out i would realy apreciate.

Here is my armory: h ttp://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggra-portugues/Corngg/simple

Thanks for your time

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    upgrade it...just got same gun on my main. 504 is better than 502 T15 LFR weps when that opens. If your guild is able to progress right off the bat in T15 normals then your next shot is a non-sha touched x-bow or gun from one of the deeper bosses.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Thought you meant H taoren, tbh it's iffy on this subject. You'd probably be better off upgrading it though.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to say "use search!" but this for the normal version. I'd upgrade it in your shoes if you feel it will be awhile before you see a normal mode weapon. The two things I'd consider are a) how do the LFR weapons compare to upgrade Taoren (not that they're a sure thing) and b) remember that, if you use the gem in this weapon and we get new sha-touched weapons in 5.3 it's 10k to get a new gem. That's not a reason to not do it, but if an LFR weapon was close to a 2/2 Taoren with gem I'd think a bit harder about it.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I was about to say "use search!" but this for the normal version. I'd upgrade it in your shoes if you feel it will be awhile before you see a normal mode weapon. The two things I'd consider are a) how do the LFR weapons compare to upgrade Taoren (not that they're a sure thing) and b) remember that, if you use the gem in this weapon and we get new sha-touched weapons in 5.3 it's 10k to get a new gem. That's not a reason to not do it, but if an LFR weapon was close to a 2/2 Taoren with gem I'd think a bit harder about it.
    2/2 taoren is 504 with the 500 agility gem so it has hidden item levels. The raid finder bows are 502. He won't be replacing his normal taoren until normal modes. I think he should upgrade it though personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK so 504 plus a few effective levels with the gem... yeah, I'd upgrade it. I upgraded normal mode Fang Kung so it's 497 which will mean that the LFR weapons aren't that enticing to me... and you're right, that's even more true of an upgrade Taoren.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    OK so 504 plus a few effective levels with the gem... yeah, I'd upgrade it. I upgraded normal mode Fang Kung so it's 497 which will mean that the LFR weapons aren't that enticing to me... and you're right, that's even more true of an upgrade Taoren.
    The 502 RF weapons are better than the 497 fang kung, but upgrading taoren would be a good idea.

I would say it would be better to upgrade it....Le Shi has never been good to me and I just got the H bow from Will last week so I upgraded that myself. However, every single normal weapon will be better than anything out of t14 save for the H gun, but knowing how much of the instance your guild is going to clear is one thing, and one of the weapons actually dropping is another one still. Yeah, you could upgrade it and have a weapon drop the first week but that's not very likely, and seeing as weapons are a very important piece damage-wise, you would be better off having more to contribute early on so you can do that much more progress further in t15.

from the sounds of things i have read, lfr wont open till 2 weeks after normal and then a new part a few weeks after that etc etc. now im not sure which bosses drop the weapons but i do think there was one off trash in throne. if i got my hands on a normal one i would upgrade it to 2/2. think im up to 7 kills and 7 rolls with no normal gun.