Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh i can imagine that:
    Raid group steps in front of garrosh throne room
    Vol'jin:It be brudda time mon to be finish it brudda
    Vol'jin slips on wet floor
    Vol'jin falls down stairs

Vol'jin: God.. fuckin...brudda...dammit !!! Help !!! Mon !!! Call thrall mon brudda !!!
    Us: Are you ok ?
    Vol'jin: Don't be mon worry about me brudda, when you brudda done with dirty mon work i be brudda show to attention whore and mon take all the glory for myself brudda.
    Us: Wait what ?
    Vol'jin: I be meaing brudda i be helpin you with da spirit brudda mons !!! From afar....
    Us: /facepalm
    Don't worry about me! Stop the Destroyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    To be fair, in the very same interview, Kosak said Theron's development was because they screwed the pooch with Kael'thas. He was built up as the heroic blood elf racial leader and then shipped off the slaughterhouse in TBC; rectifying that was what they aimed to do by giving Theron some facetime.
    yea, that always bugged me that the "heros" in WCIII FT became bad guys, in the case of Illidan/Kael for fuck knows why.

To be fair, in the very same interview, Kosak said Theron's development was because they screwed the pooch with Kael'thas. He was built up as the heroic blood elf racial leader and then shipped off the slaughterhouse in TBC; rectifying that was what they aimed to do by giving Theron some facetime. Him being a potential Warchief candidate is probably just to drill that in.

But no, I don't support Warchief Theron. That's a leap too far.

If that's true, then thank god they've learned from their mistake. Kael'thas was my favorite character from TFT, and what they did to him in TBC was horrific. He went crazy evil for no believable reason and lost every shred of complexity along the way. It'd be great if they could at least try and rewrite/justify his change the same way they're planning on bringing back Illidan, but if not then at least they can give Lor'themar some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Don't worry about me! Stop the Destroyer!
    En shu falanah !!!
    /jump out of window
    Don't worry i'm ok !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this will happen, probably just a game Blizzard is playing to keep people guessing. I'd honestly say there's no chance of him being warchief.

Deleted
    Yea it wont happen. LT gets the spotlight for a while (quite deserved imo), but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    If that's true, then thank god they've learned from their mistake. Kael'thas was my favorite character from TFT, and what they did to him in TBC was horrific. He went crazy evil for no believable reason and lost every shred of complexity along the way. It'd be great if they could at least try and rewrite/justify his change the same way they're planning on bringing back Illidan, but if not then at least they can give Lor'themar some love.
    This. So very much.

I started playing Warcraft in Vanilla WoW and so did not understand who the belfs were and where the hell they came from until I started getting seduced by the Lore Monster midway through BC. Learning about their backstory and Kael was heartbreaking enough when I was just reading about it. When I finally got around to playing Warcraft III I was really upset. Even if he had to be a bad guy, he should have been so much more awesome and heartrending. I'd love it if they'd revisit his story, just a bit. They won't. They don't need him for further plot developments, so he will sit in crazyland just be the guy who started that whole "setback" thing.

[A pointless aside: My phoenix hatchling battle pet is named "Setback"]

I do really wish somebody would bother to talk about him, at least a little. Even if it's just a few paragraphs in a novel that's mostly about someone else. Hey! Vol'jin is getting a novel. Vol'jin wants to have a chat with LTT. A discussion about leaders going to the bad would be a very relevant one to have with blood elves. And now that I think of it, there happens to be somebody standing right next to Theron who likely knew Kael'thas better than anyone alive (see my avatar for details). They could revisit Kael'thas and at least talk about him and it wouldn't be meaningless. But they won't. So I will have to sit here and speculate as best I can.

I don't feel like Lor'themar is a consolation prize. He would be an awesome character regardless of his position if used well. I do believe he is a red herring. But I don't mind. It's got all these people talking about him, after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    I do really wish somebody would bother to talk about him, at least a little. Even if it's just a few paragraphs in a novel that's mostly about someone else. Hey! Vol'jin is getting a novel. Vol'jin wants to have a chat with LTT. A discussion about leaders going to the bad would be a very relevant one to have with blood elves. And now that I think of it, there happens to be somebody standing right next to Theron who likely knew Kael'thas better than anyone alive (see my avatar for details). They could revisit Kael'thas and at least talk about him and it wouldn't be meaningless. But they won't. So I will have to sit here and speculate as best I can.
    Agreed. Did you hear about the new blood elf novel coming out soon? The author said its about the blood knights and the rise of the blood elves, but also about Dar'Khan drathir, Lady Liadrin, Lor'themar, the trolls vs elves (probably the amani striking out after the Scourge), and Kael'thas and his fall from grace. maybe he'll get a proper motive for going nuts.

I hope he becomes the new warchief, appointed by Green Jesus himself. Only, for the sole reason of pissing off a lot of fanboys to have another elf for a leader, and not just any leader, the face of the horde.

Deleted
    I just think they threw that out to keep people speculating while still not giving away anything.

Deleted
    hmm, much as I like Belfs, lets just remember what they are, they are the ultimate pragmatists, they joined the horde for convenience, they captured a naru and drained its power...ok they have stopped doing that, but still, they are in the horde for their benefit, I doubt they woudl want to lead it, they are just not that into it.

Voljin is the natural next Warchief. Smart, powerful, capable of taking direction action when necessary but also capable of diplomacy and subtlety when required. He formed the orignal horde with the orcs, and is respected by all the other races as far as I know.
    Plus he's totally badass (and got a nice shiny new model not that long ago......)

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    They won't make Vol'Jin Warchief... oh please, don't.

His greatest accomplishment is tapping a keg during Brewfest. And yet he is so freaking popular. I just don't get it. If I would have to choose the lesser evil (with the question of "which among current leaders of the Horde will be the Warchief") I would pick anarchy I guess. Vol'Jin, interesting only because he nearly got assassinated? Baine the Quilboar Lover? Sylvanas who would rather kill the reminder of the Horde and raise them as slaves? The belf guy? Hell, the non-existant Gallywix the Asshole would be a better pick.
    Um, he helped found the horde, he led his people back to take the echo isles back, he single handedly brought together a force of both factions to bring down the troll threat in cata. He is a well developed character who shows both strength and subtlety.

Promoting Theron to the rank of Warchief could bind Belves to the Horde. It would be a gesture of trust of the other Horde races towards them, and they all need it. Right now, the only thing that binds Belves to the Horde is the fact that they rely on Forsaken forces to survive - or more like that Ghostlands is pretty much held hostage (if a land can be held hostage, that's a poor choice of words if I seen one) by Forsaken. Belves are trying to mend their relationship with the Alliance - they have been since TBC, in fact.

Vol'jin is certainly a better Warchief candidate, but for political reasons Lor'themar may take the seat instead. He's a great character too (I personally loved my own vision of him ever since TBC, it's funny that this vision is pretty much reality now), so I don't think people would mind it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    He led his people back to take the echo isles back, he single handedly brought together a force of both factions to bring down the troll threat in cata. He is a well developed character who shows both strength and subtlety.
    So... Like Lor'themar?

Both are fine candidates.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    Personally he would be my choice for warchief if given the opportunity. I believe he is a strong, capable leader.

Plus I think people shouldn't get stuck up on the notion of Warcraft being about Orcs vs. Humans or the Horde being a race of barbarians and savages, along with the mantle of warchief being exclusive to an Orc. Though it has its roots in these types of warrior cultures the Horde has become so much more since then.
    How would you know that? He's never done anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief." - hah, considering our last discussion here over the dilema "Who is gonna lead the horde after Garrosh?" we can now just patiently wait for fabulous, gorgeous and stylish horde. Fantastic Can't wait!
    source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

I can't stop laughing tbh.
    I know right? HILARIOUS! So funny, haven't laughed this hard since I watched Gabriel Iglesias the other night.

In all seriousness, I don't know how valid my argument is since I don't really even play the game anymore, but Lor'themar would really make a good Warchief, though I doubt the title Warchief would still exist in the horde after Garrosh.

I think people take lore in this game a little too seriously. Usually what happens when something happens with lore that players don't like, they cope with it and move on and it's not really a big deal.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    How would you know that? He's never done anything.
    Well, if you cast aside him being a war hero in the Second War (fighting with Turalyon in both Quel'Thalas and Lordaeron), second-in-command to Sylvanas during the third, a zombie apocalypse survivor (who, unlike most of the other elves, fought to the Sunwell instead of away from it), the temporary leader of the high elf survivors and the official regent after their name change, a savvy politician, a frequent Horde commander in 5.1 and their main boss in 5.2, and that small matter of being the sovereign ruler of a country his people once held with ten times their current manpower...

All in all, I think he's both been through and achieved quite a bit. His repertoire is more impressive than a lot of the other racial leaders' imo.

I mean, Theron always had a solid backstory. His problem was a lack of relevance in-game, which is something they're addressing now.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-03-03 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Well, if you cast aside him being a war hero in the Second War (fighting with Turalyon in both Quel'Thalas and Lordaeron), second-in-command to Sylvanas during the third, a zombie apocalypse survivor (who, unlike most of the other elves, fought to the Sunwell instead of away from it), the temporary leader of the high elf survivors and the official regent after their name change, a savvy politician, a frequent Horde commander in 5.1 and their main boss in 5.2, and that small matter of being the sovereign ruler of a country his people once held with ten times their current manpower...

All in all, I think he's both been through and achieved quite a bit. His repertoire is more impressive than a lot of the other racial leaders' imo.

I mean, Theron always had a solid backstory. His problem was a lack of relevance in-game, which is something they're addressing now.
    And he was hand chosen to be Regent by Kael'thas before the guy went insane, that's got to count for something. And your last sentence is exactly it.

15+ Year Old Account

*cough*Vol'jin*cough*

When you compare Lor'themar's history with Vol'jin's, it's really sort of a joke.

Lor'themar did all that, while Vol'jin's record is as follows: gave some advice to Rexxar, got driven from the Echo Isles by Zalazane, built Sen'jin Village, tapped the keg at Brewfest, stood around outside Undercity while Thrall and Sylvanas reclaimed it, finally reclaimed the Echos Isles and killed that naga, recruited heroes to fight the Zandalari, got wounded by Garrosh's assassins, spent a really long time in bed.

15+ Year Old Account
    A blood elf focus to the horde would break the game. It MUST be about orcs vs. humans. Otherwise the game willl degenerate into something interesting, which is unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    A blood elf focus to the horde would break the game. It MUST be about orcs vs. humans. Otherwise the game willl degenerate into something interesting, which is unthinkable.
    It already IS interesting. The game is more interesting and fun than it's been in years.