Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Actually, they said they always intended his term to be short. They made him the polar opposite of Thrall. They intended for players to hate him. And were surprised when players liked him as warchief.
    Again, no.

Here's Ghostcrawler on Garrosh's role in Catalcysm:
    Oh, it's very ambiguous. Horde players in particular are going to start out thinking "Garrosh Hellsceam is such an asshole, we want Thrall back." But you know, quest designers were really clever in the way they tell that story, and you end up kind of finding yourself saying "Gosh, I kind of respect Garrosh and what he's doing..." Orgrimmar has never looked better, and the Horde has kind of lived in this desert before - in the Barrens and Durotar - and didn't necessarily have ample food supply. He likes to look out for his people, and the orcs are riding a wave here and are pretty excited about it.

Then you see Garrosh in action a few times and you're like, "You know, he's not the jerk I thought he was, he's actually a pretty cool guy" So we're trying to throw in a little of that, and as I mentioned already, Sylvanas is a very charismatic character, and there's a lot of tension between her and the orcs. She's more or less on their side but as soon as they turn their backs, she's got a lot of machinations going on behind the scenes, too.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...awler-Street.2

There were also numerous blue posts back in WotLK, when they first announce Garrosh as Warchief. Players asked why Garrosh over Saurfang and Cdevs responded that you will get to like Garrosh's character more and watch him grow. I would post them too if they weren't lost in the blue archive.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-03-01 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't think as a business it's wise to throw away the core aspect of your video game. It's too big a risk for too small a reward.
    This is a very concerning issue to be honest.

I, personally would love to see him as warchief. It would be nice as a change and stuff. However I do agree with the statement I quoted. Maybe it's not wise.

Lor'thermar for Warchief. Vol'jin stinks and I don't like him.

I can't wait for Lor'themar to lead the charge for the horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That's not exactly hard confirmation though. Most of the Horde leaders (Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine, Theron) have realistic shots.
    I remember the good old days you wanted him to die, so that the blood elves would advance lorewise^^

Ot

As much as I like Lor'themar he shouldn't be warchief, he cares most for his own people and seemed to be out of the loop for too long, though that will most likely change in the future, I guess trolls, tauren and blood elves will be quite close in the future, while orcs become more or less the odd ones in the Horde. Vol'jin most likely becomes the next Warchief, he gets most development, after all he will have his own book in a month or so and it might set the foundation for his ascension to become the warchief.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-03-01 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obviously going to be Sylvanas. She's done jack shit this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's obviously going to be Sylvanas. She's done jack shit this expansion.
    The moment Sylvanas is in a position with too much power, she needs to be killed of, as the leader of the forsaken she can be reigned in, but the moment she she has too much influence she is a danger to the world as a whole.

Deleted
    Blood elves are far from my favourite race, but I would be for Lor'themar, because I like him as a character, I didn't know much about him before, but his recent involvement in the story is a breath of fresh air and I feel like he could be a nice warchief if done properly.

As much as I love Lor'themar (and I do), I do not think he will wind up WC. I don't think Blizz will go in that direction with the game. It is fun to think about, however, and story-wise he could pull it off.

The thing that makes me chuckle a little are all the people so hung up on male blood elf /silly emotes that they refuse to see the lore character as a viable commander and a strong warrior. The fact that dude has pretty hair and does not like people touching it doesn't make him a wimp. Furthermore, even if you are not familiar with him from the books and whatnot, he's shaping up to be a pretty gritty guy. The type who would punch you in the face rather than try to talk about your feelings if you pushed him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Has a succession in place to run Silvermoon in case of his departure to sit in Org. Also would create an interesting dynamic between Rommath and Halduron as to who would be appointed Regent Lord.
    I'm thinking it would be a co-regency, with himself as the senior partner. Much like his original position as regent. Elves live a long time and none of the three of them are hobbling around on canes. Unless they are killed, they'll be around a long time and LTT could be WC for a while then step down and go back to Quel'thalas. And I think it would be Halduron. I'm thinking Rommath would go with him...or rather, I think you'd have to chain Rommath up in the basement to keep him from going. Blizz does like symbols and parallels and this one would be appropriate. Rommath went off to Outlands with Kael who appointed a ranger as regent then was sent back while Kael went quickly bonkers. I think Rommath is determined to make sure that doesn't happen again and despite his (in)famous statement at the end of the purge of Dalaran I think he'd be the first to plunge a dagger in LTT's back if he started going to the bad.

As an aside: Whenever somebody mentions crowning LTT I get a vivid image of a lil chibi LTT pounding his fists on the floor yelling, "Don't want! Don't Want!" while Halduron sits on him and Rommath forcibly crams the thing on his head. If I could draw so much as a stick figure, I'd create that scene. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I remember the good old days you wanted him to die, so that the blood elves would advance lorewise^^
    Eh, I was on and off with Theron. Every time I was reminded of why I like him (his decent backstory for one thing), I realized just how squandered and woefully underused he was in WoW. Now, though, they've fixed that minor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Again, no.

Here's Ghostcrawler on Garrosh's role in Catalcysm:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...awler-Street.2

There were also numerous blue posts back in WotLK, when they first announce Garrosh as Warchief. Players asked why Garrosh over Saurfang and Cdevs responded that you will get to like Garrosh's character more and watch him grow. I would post them too if they weren't lost in the blue archive.
    I'll toss my two cents in for this.

To be honest, and I felt like I was one of the few who felt like this, but what GC described for Garrosh's development was what I saw through the course of Wrath and Cata, especially after playing through the revamped Cata leveling zones.

Personally, I feel Garrosh's "script" was always planned. I think of Garrosh like King Joffrey from Game of Thrones: he wants to become a good leader, and at one point matured, but the power and responsibility he holds had twisted him into an insane ruler who will stop at nothing to save his people and his own hide, regardless how many perish on the enemy's side, or his.

And, ya know, he's also not an incest bred 14 year old with #firstworldprobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

before the seige of dalaran he was on the verge of leaving the horde, i doubt he would take, or be given rather, mantle of warchief instead. i think he is a more then capable leader, i just dont think he has the loyalty to the horde that other candidates have.

Just a little hint... the fact they mention working on the Draenei and even attempting at pushing Lorthemar Theron at us just scream legion inc with siege and the most experienced against them are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    before the seige of dalaran he was on the verge of leaving the horde, i doubt he would take, or be given rather, mantle of warchief instead. i think he is a more then capable leader, i just dont think he has the loyalty to the horde that other candidates have.
    They specifically say in the questline that he would make an excellent Warchief. His problem isn't with the Horde, it's with Garrosh. As Warchief he could mold the Horde to serve his own agenda and provide security for his people.

yea no thanks on theron. Needs to be one of the original 4 races. My bet is still Vol'jin

It's an interesting paradigm, to say the least. But I highly doubt that Theron will become warchief for a number of reasons;

1) His love for the horde is unexplored. We know only that he wants what's best for his people, the Blood Elves. I don't think he would lose his position over the Elves to cater to the entirety of the Horde, as much as it would mean he would have to leave Silvermoon and, thus, not be as in touch or proximity to his people.

2) It's established that, despite entertaining the notion of becoming Warchief by the end of the Purge of Dalaran, that he is a reluctant leader. He dislikes the politics in leadership and would rather spend his time in the warzone. It would greatly contravene his stance on the matter should he become Warchief, especially when there are far better candidates such as Eitrigg, Saurfang, Vol'jin, hell even Baine would be better.

3) It would be a gross uncharacteristic notion that, if we do have a council and an election in story form, that the previous advisors, Vol'Jin, Sylvanas and Baine would nominate Lor'Themar, who has done nothing besides lead an assault against the Kirin Tor and the Isle of Thunder. I can possibly sustain that this is plausible because Theron and Halduron assisted Vol'Jin in the ZA/ZG uprising, while Sylvanas may find Theron's new Warchief position as a step forward for her, as she likes to manipulate him as evident by Theron's short story.

Still, it'll be an interesting thing to speculate.

Eh, I'm not a fan of the idea of not only a Blood Elf leading the Horde, but Lor'themar leading it. I don't like the guy, the only thing he has done is being a douche in the Quel'delar quest, and of course he'll have a role in the upcoming patch, but still, that seems like a last minute character build-up if you ask me.

I hope they're just teasing us, I'd more than everything like to see Thrall return.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They specifically say in the questline that he would make an excellent Warchief. His problem isn't with the Horde, it's with Garrosh. As Warchief he could mold the Horde to serve his own agenda and provide security for his people.
    ya, 'molding the horde to fit his own agenda' sounds abit like why he hates garrosh, which would make him a huge hypocrite. warchief looks out for the best interest of the horde as a whole and not the security and agenda of their own people first. And it was his own people that said he would make an excellent warchief. if it came from a tauren or troll, or forsaken even it might mean something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my prediction: The Horde will have a council of sorts in Thralltime, and in wartimes they pick the leader that is best suited for the current war.

I.e. Lor'Themar for the Legion expansion that totally isn't coming next, since he is best suited for that particular enemy. Short period of relative rest with council-style ruling. Then Greenpeace attacks Org, and we put Gallywix in the chief-chair to beat the hippies.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P