Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    no one wants a blood elf leader of the horde

orcs especially would NOT be ruled by someone other than their own

Lor'Themar Theron wants to kill Garrosh because he disagrees with his bloodthirsty warring attitude.
    Vol'Jin wants Garrosh dead due to the assassination attempt.
    Baine wants to kill him as vengeance for his father.
    Sylvanas and Gallywix probably don't care as they have their own agendas they are trying to deal with.

And the Alliance wants him dead. It really isn't that hard.

As for replacements, I have a nice list of candidates:
    -Thrall, Orc
    -Saurfang, Orc
    -Eitrigg, Orc
    -Nazgrim, Orc
    -Baine, Tauren
    -Vol'jin, Troll
    -Lor'Themar, Blood Elf

There aren't very many Tauren that are close to the War Council, so I can't really list too many of them. Same goes for all the non-Orc races of the Horde.

Deleted
    He's probably the second best alternative to Thrall.

I'd consider him a better leader if it wasn't for the fact that the horde leader should be an orc imo.

I agree, I think Lor'themar probably has the most wisdom at the mantle of a nation both during war and not. I mean he has been RegetLord since Kael'thas left, but I'm sure he has held the leadership of the Elven armies prior to that. And we have no idea how old he is, and with that he may be the wisest ruler of the Horde. Vol'jin, Baine, and Sylvanas seem to be young compared to him.

I'm going with either him or Vol'jin. They're the ones really running the show in MoP for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Lor'Themar Theron wants to kill Garrosh because he disagrees with his bloodthirsty warring attitude.
    Vol'Jin wants Garrosh dead due to the assassination attempt.
    Baine wants to kill him as vengeance for his father.
    Sylvanas and Gallywix probably don't care as they have their own agendas they are trying to deal with.

And the Alliance wants him dead. It really isn't that hard.

As for replacements, I have a nice list of candidates:
    -Thrall, Orc
    -Saurfang, Orc
    -Eitrigg, Orc
    -Nazgrim, Orc
    -Baine, Tauren
    -Vol'jin, Troll
    -Lor'Themar, Blood Elf

There aren't very many Tauren that are close to the War Council, so I can't really list too many of them. Same goes for all the non-Orc races of the Horde.
    Thrall, by his own words, knows himself to be too old-fashioned and out of touch with what is needed.

Thrall didn't pick Saurfang the first time because he's too old.

Thrall didn't pick Eitrigg the first time because he's too old.

Baine is pretty much the same as Cairne. Thrall didn't pick Cairne because he was too old-fashioned and out of touch with what was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall, by his own words, knows himself to be too old-fashioned and out of touch with what is needed.

Baine is pretty much the same as Cairne. Thrall didn't pick Cairne because he was too old-fashioned and out of touch with what was needed.
    thrall isn't old

it's going to be thrall coming back to lead, you really think they are just going to write out thrall again.

it's not going to be vol'jin either, trolls have always seemed content to just follower the orcs leadership.
    Last edited by jonoy8; 2013-03-03 at 08:22 AM.

no just no on a blood elf as warchief i can see a troll or tauren but hell no on blood elf

10+ Year Old Account
    After all this "Who is going to be the next Warchief!?" stuff; I would laugh if Thrall went, " Our next Warchief is...................DEMOCRACY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    After all this "Who is going to be the next Warchief!?" stuff; I would laugh if Thrall went, " Our next Warchief is...................DEMOCRACY!"
    Then a huge orc wearing bifocals and holding voting ballots emerges from the shadows, takes a bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    thrall isn't old

it's going to be thrall coming back to lead, you really think they are just going to write out thrall again.

it's not going to be vol'jin either, trolls have always seemed content to just follower the orcs leadership.
    Old-fashioned != old

WRONG! He didn't pick Baine because he thought he was too young. :3

Old-fashioned != old
    that doesn't even make sense, thrall doesn't think the old shamanistic ways need to be changed

garrosh is the "progressive" one, we see how well that is working out.

if anything it's just more proof to thrall he needs to lead the orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    that doesn't even make sense, thrall doesn't think the old shamanistic ways need to be changed

garrosh is the "progressive" one, we see how well that is working out.

if anything it's just more proof to thrall he needs to lead the orcs
    Because he's the hero the Orcs deserve, but not the one they need right now. Thrall picked Garrosh because he's a warrior; a war hero from Northrend. Most of the Orcs don't follow shamanism. 2 generations of Orcs grew up knowing nothing about shamanism and being cut off from the elements/spirits. Thrall is a relic of the past. Shamanism is good for the Orcs' future, but they aren't ready for it yet.

Because he's the hero the Orcs deserve, but not the one they need right now. Thrall picked Garrosh because he's a warrior; a war hero from Northrend. Most of the Orcs don't follow shamanism. 2 generations of Orcs grew up knowing nothing about shamanism and being cut off from the elements/spirits. Thrall is a relic of the past. Shamanism is good for the Orcs' future, but they aren't ready for it yet.
    I don't think you even know what you're writing about, thrall is hardly going to step back and let another younger inexperienced orc lead them down another disastrous path.

thrall is coming back to lead, you will have to accept it.

I believe it's going to be a Orc,and that its going to be Thrall. How would you reign in the left over orcs who still believe in Garrosh's pre crazy ways? The majority of young orcs were very happy with his rule in cata.

Also, if you're a young Orc why would you listen to some elf who stayed in his city for the events of bc,wotlk,cata and half of mop? He finally does something and its to stand in the way of said young orcs.

Only Thrall can clean this mess up.
    Last edited by Owl blue; 2013-03-03 at 11:17 AM.

Imo that would be too much too soon. He just received his share of awesome after years of being a largely unknown nobody, I think they should hit the breaks a little with him after 5.2.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you even know what you're writing about, thrall is hardly going to step back and let another younger inexperienced orc lead them down another disastrous path.

thrall is coming back to lead, you will have to accept it.
    Thrall clearly doesn't still have that kind of authority. The Kor'kron (special bodyguards Thrall created) refuse to acknowledge Thrall and attack him on the Echo Isles.

Thrall says: Have I been away so long that you have forgotten who I am?
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: Thrall, we no longer answer to you. We have a new Warchief now. And he has reminded us that we are STRONG!
    Thrall says: These are our Allies! You watch over them like they're a threat. Why? You WILL answer to me!
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: No! Never again!

"The orcs have changed. My Horde has changed. Do I kill my fellow orcs until it is once again "my" Horde? Do I have any right to try force the Horde to be what it once was?"

If Thrall had any kind of political power/support, he could just walk up to Garrosh take Warchief back. But he doesn't and he can't.

Deleted
    Personally, despite Lor'themar being one of the few Warcraft characters I really like, I wouldn't want him to be Warchief. To start, I don't like it aesthetically. The title 'Warchief' is much too unrefined to be held by one of the Sin'dorei and 'The Horde' is much too savage a name for a Thalassian to lead it. If he did become leader of the Horde races, they would have to change their name to 'The Assemblage' and its leader would have the title of 'Chairman of the Inter-Continental Association of United Races'. That would be more appropriate, I feel.

But, my main gripe with the idea of Lor'themar becoming Warchief of the Horde is a selfish one. He's a damn good leader and I don't want to share him with the other Horde races. Quel'Thalas is still in the recovery/building stage in the years after the Third War and then the civil war with Kael, so it needs a strong-willed and sharp-minded head of state whose primary focus remains on domestic affairs and the prosperity of the elves, not divided among the other races of the Horde.
    Plus, with him finally getting some facetime (and a good voice actor) I don't want him to hold such an important position, which might entail the risk of him taking some form of fall like the one Garrosh is currently doomed too. I can imagine assassins going after him, if he had to move to Orgrimmar to govern the Horde, because I'm sure a large number of orcs wouldn't particularly care about his security.

The one thing that I would like as a potential consequence of Lor'themar's receiving the mantle of Warchief is that, seeing as the Warchief does not explicitly have to govern from Orgrimmar or Kalimdor, it could mean he chooses to govern from Silvermoon, which might give Blizzard a reason to finally focus on updating the zone, showing some of the rebuilding progress that has occured over the last decade.

My vote is going for Vol'jin. Lor'themar, though I like him in 5.2, isn't the one who can lead the WHOLE horde.