Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall clearly doesn't still have that kind of authority. The Kor'kron (special bodyguards Thrall created) refuse to acknowledge Thrall and attack him on the Echo Isles.

Thrall says: Have I been away so long that you have forgotten who I am?
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: Thrall, we no longer answer to you. We have a new Warchief now. And he has reminded us that we are STRONG!
    Thrall says: These are our Allies! You watch over them like they're a threat. Why? You WILL answer to me!
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: No! Never again!

"The orcs have changed. My Horde has changed. Do I kill my fellow orcs until it is once again "my" Horde? Do I have any right to try force the Horde to be what it once was?"

If Thrall had any kind of political power/support, he could just walk up to Garrosh take Warchief back. But he doesn't and he can't.
    he hasn't taken power back simply because the storyline hasn't been written yet ingame... nothing to do with lack of support.

thrall has the support of every other leader horde leader, a few orcs loyal to garrosh isn't much. Orcs respect strength as leadership, when thrall comes back and beats garrosh, the orcs will recognize his leadership
    Last edited by jonoy8; 2013-03-03 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    I hope he wont be Warchief. I mean yeah currently hes a cool leader, but dont forget that the blood elves actually have a very low population. The idea that few rule over so many seems odd to me. And the blood elves weren't a founding member of the Horde either. I just want Thrall back ; ( I hope Thrall will challenge Garrosh to a duel for leadership, kill him in front of the masses spectating the Mak'gora and then remind the orcs that they have always been strong and can be strong without dismissing honor.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-03-03 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina dies, Sylvanas raises her as an undead, Jaina for warchief
    dictated but not read.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    After all this "Who is going to be the next Warchief!?" stuff; I would laugh if Thrall went, " Our next Warchief is...................DEMOCRACY!"
    Now that would be a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Now that would be a twist.
    Would be kinda weird, since no horde faction has a democracy to begin with^^

I don't know if I would agree with Lor'themar being Warchief. I can agree with some that say "Warchief" and "Horde" aren't exactly the high-class words that a Blood Elf would want to bear personally. Even though they ARE part of the Horde, their ideals, architecture, and way of life is much different than that of the Orcs. Though, I do love Lor'themar, even more now since he has the same voice actor as Fenris from Dragon Age II.

My biggest gripe about Lor'themar being Warchief (or, anyone other than an Orc) would be the fact that the Orcs would have no one to represent them within the Horde. The Blood Elves would then have a leader, as well as the leader of the Horde itself. The other races would have a person they would answer to that understands them and can speak personally on their level - except the Orcs. It would be more acceptable if Vol'jin would be Warchief because he and his people fit more into Orcish life, and they have been a part of the (new) Horde since nearly day one. However, the Orcs still wouldn't have their champion in that scenario.

I feel like Lor'themar himself would make a good leader over all the Horde, but I feel like the story would suffer, and the fanbase wouldn't quite agree with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Would be kinda weird, since no horde faction has a democracy to begin with^^
    Does anyone have a democracy?

Deleted
    People wanted more Blood Elf developments, well....if this goes through, all i can say is "here's a bloody huge one"
    OP: Lor'Themar could be a really good leader imo.

Yes the gnomes ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    he would be a terrible warchief

Deleted
    Eh... The gnomes have a kind of weird quasi-democratic meritocracy going on where they elect a monarch (lifelong), the 'High Tinker'. Presumably for showing ingenuity, imagination, inquisitiveness, tenacity and the other more general qualities one might look for in a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    he would be a terrible warchief
    Care to elaborate why?

He shouldn't become warchief ,I agree but not because he would be a bad one, no he would be wasted on the orcs.

Deleted
    I don't think he has enough weight among other races and leaders, nor do the Blood Elves in general. Their alliance with the Horde was an alliance of convenience, it's not as deep a bond as the Tauren, Trolls and Orcs share. I'd say a leader for the Horde would have to come from one of those three races. Hopefully it'll be Saurfang, he's got everything a good Warchief needs and he did promise that he'd kill Garrosh himself if he led their people down the old road again (which is what Garrosh has been doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    Their alliance with the Horde was an alliance of convenience, it's not as deep a bond as the Tauren, Trolls and Orcs share. I'd say a leader for the Horde would have to come from one of those three races.
    I wouldn't use that bond as an example anymore, since it is most likely history by now, replaced by mistrust. After the whole ordeal is over the orcs could be viewed as the new forsaken so to speak, mistrusted by all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't use that bond as an example anymore, since it is most likely history by now, replaced by mistrust. After the whole ordeal is over the orcs could be viewed as the new forsaken so to speak, mistrusted by all.
    I doubt that. I'd imagine the tauren and trolls know that it's the actions of Garrosh and his close supporters causing the problems. I think it would take a bit more than a few mean orcs to break the bond with the entire race responsible for making sure Darkspear and tauren still exist at all.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    I think that will depend on how the coup d'etat plays out. If a faction of Orcs are in on it, it might salvage the bond. If it's the rest of the Horde rebelling against the Orcs, then yeah, the bond will be history.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I doubt that. I'd imagine the tauren and trolls know that it's the actions of Garrosh and his close supporters causing the problems. I think it would take a bit more than a few mean orcs to break the bond with the entire race responsible for making sure Darkspear and tauren still exist at all.
    The bond with the trolls is most likely in shambles because of the occupation force, which Garrosh sent to properly take care of them, the tauren might continue to trust them but I doubt they will be as close as they used to be, the orcs walked a path neither agreed with and dragged them along, not to mention a tauren tribe considered leaving the horde because of garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bond with the trolls is most likely in shambles because of the occupation force, which Garrosh sent to properly take care of them, the tauren might continue to trust them but I doubt they will be as close as they used to be, the orcs walked a path neither agreed with and dragged them along, not to mention a tauren tribe considered leaving the horde because of garrosh.
    Yes but you'd have to ignore the whole rebellion thing and assume orcs won't be a big part of it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yes but you'd have to ignore the whole rebellion thing and assume orcs won't be a big part of it.
    Considering the vast majority of the orcs stands firmly behind Garrosh, I guess there will be a few prominent Orcs in the rebellion but as long as the vast majority of the orcs does not rise to get rid of Garrosh the orcs are as good as isolated in the horde. As far nothing Garrosh did was horrible enough for the orcs , not even transforming his soldiers into sha like beings, I have little hope there will be a lot of orcs supporting the rebellion at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the gnomes ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Eh... The gnomes have a kind of weird quasi-democratic meritocracy going on where they elect a monarch (lifelong), the 'High Tinker'. Presumably for showing ingenuity, imagination, inquisitiveness, tenacity and the other more general qualities one might look for in a leader.
    After doing some searching, some minor factions/regions use democracy. As a disclaimer, all this info is from WoWpedia and I can't verify the sources.

Places with elected councils are: Darnassus, Ashenvale, Hillsbrad Foothills (original), Darkshore (original), Dustwallow Marsh, and Crossroads.

Places with democracy are: Redridge Mountains, Duskwood, Darkshire, Elwynn Forest and Gnomes.

Swamp of Sorrows (original) had a participatory democracy. Dalaran's mageocracy isn't a democracy, but it has democratic elements.